Weekend thread Sep 14-15 - KickRunners.com

#1 of 12 Old 09-14-2013, 11:54 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1

Hiya, folks.  We don't do weekend threads very well, do we?

I swam 1200 yards last night, and did a long run today.  I managed 16.8 miles, which is the farthest I've gone since the marathon in Alaska in June.  I weighed myself when I got home, and I was quite a few pounds below what I normally am.  So I guess I dehydrated myself pretty good.  No wonder I felt so crummy near the end.  Well, I made it...

For fun, here's a (slightly fuzzy) picture of my baby girl Dixie...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 09-14-2013, 12:13 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 7

Cute Kitty, Bob!

Today i walked (not ran.. walked) in the local Fuzz Run.  Not the way I wanted to get back into running.. but hey.. it's a start.  I"ll take it.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

#3 of 12 Old 09-14-2013, 12:59 PM
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22
First CC meet done. My daughter went into the season with no fitness. She finished in 23:04 and was 40 put of 140. She got the last medal I am proud of her even if she still doesn't want to run CC.

#4 of 12 Old 09-14-2013, 02:21 PM
KP
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11
Likes Given: 0
Nice workouts boB

Headed in the right direction Ailarie

Very nice Ron!

15 miles for me today. Took advantage of the nice weather and was able to start later in the morning and make it back in time to catch the Duck game. Dinner plans tonight.

It's not about goal setting, it is about goal achievement.  Anyone can set goals, few are willing to do what it takes to actually achieve them.    Vern Gambetta
My Blog I My Running Log 
#5 of 12 Old 09-14-2013, 02:27 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
Hey all. I survived DDs slumber party and I'm looking forward to dh's dinner tonight. Steaks at home with some snobby beer. I can't get too crazy though, because I'm meeting some team members for a 7am bike ride!

Don't believe everything you think
#6 of 12 Old 09-14-2013, 05:02 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19

RAWR!!!

Was kitty batting at something boB?

I walked O 6 miles this morning so he wouldn't be so bouncy if I was able to bring Bob home. I went to a meeting this morning and found out on the way there that yep! Bob can be discharged. Conveniently, the meeting was a couple hundred yards up the street from the vet, so after the meeting I looped around and grabbed Bobalicious. OMG he looks so tiny. He's lost nearly 20 lbs in 5 days. His recovery is rather involved for the next week, but... I'd rather have to tend to him as much as we have to than... not.

When we got home O's greeting was really gentle. I knew he was excited, but he was very careful about not knocking into him and while he sniffed Bob over, he wasn't aggressive about it at all. Oskar's being really patient with him, and not instigating anything, so YAY. (Bob is usually the instigator, so as he feels better it's probably going to be more an issue of keeping HIM quiet than to keep O from bugging him.)

Anyway, after lunch we had a nap. Bob half on/off his new beanbag chair, me spooning him, and O spooning me. :D

Ok, yes, we're queer. Deal with it. ;)

#7 of 12 Old 09-14-2013, 05:46 PM
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22
She corrected me. They had to turn in their number and that is when they stopped the clock. 22:48.

15 is awesome KP are you ready for Monday night football.

Amichel have a nice dinner

Nice walk Kath
#8 of 12 Old 09-14-2013, 05:59 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76
Glad Bob is home! Bob's kitty is a cutie. Nice workouts, people. I did my new lkngest run since June this morning - nearly 7.5 miles, mostly trail. It was beautiful out. I was slow - super slow - but felt fine throughout so I guess I paced it well. Bike ride tomorrow with an apple cider donut at the turnaround point. Yay!
#9 of 12 Old 09-14-2013, 07:16 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
20# lost in 5:days?! That's insane! Speedy recovery, bob!

Wow bob and kp! Nice mileage. And does your kitty always stand like that, bob? So cute!!

Wooooot theia!!!

Way to get out there, alicat. I know you'd rather have run it but you got out anyway!

Happy bday to amichel's dd and dh!!

Congrats to ron's dd. Not bad on no fitness.

We are down in PA at sesame place. AK is loving it and we have one more day tomorrow. This is a make up trip - we were supposed to go for her birthday but she was being such a monster that I cancelled it. Heh.

Looks like bard/moonie are having a blast in CA smile.gif
#10 of 12 Old 09-15-2013, 06:33 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by katholeenie View Post

Was kitty batting at something boB?

Just my hand.  She's quite playful...

Btw, I really like that picture of the cat, but unfortunately it's a little blurry.  I'm not very good at photo editing...  Does anybody know of a program that can un-blur a picture like that?  I would assume there's something I can do, but I wouldn't know how to go about it...

I think I won't run today, but I be somewhat active.  We're going apple picking now, and later I'll mow the lawn.

#11 of 12 Old 09-15-2013, 08:37 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
Morning all

20 mile easy pace bike ride this morning. Dh, dd and I went out for breakfast after. Ds is on a day trip with my folks. Dd will get to visit some horses this afternoon, cheer at a little gridiron football game, and then have her birthday dinner. She asked dh to make wings and tater tots for dinner smile.gif. First we have to finish homework. Boo!

Don't believe everything you think
#12 of 12 Old 09-15-2013, 09:49 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
5 miles walking this morning with DW and Tobey. 10K running this evening in some nice, cool air.

I'm taking this next week off of work to do projects and maybe some day trips.

Cute kittie, Bob!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page