July 20-21 Weekend - KickRunners.com

#1 of 11 Old 07-20-2013, 08:48 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1

Hey guys.  Our post count has been rather low lately, hasn't it?  Maybe it's too hot to type... 

I ran the 5k airport race this morning.  It was rather warm, but it could have been worse.  I don't know my official time yet, but I was right around 22 minutes.  I'm a little bummed about that because I did this same race last year in 21-flat.  I guess I've gotten older, fatter, and slower.  Oh well... 

Anyone doing anything fun this weekend? 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 07-20-2013, 09:22 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
We are on our way to a family reunion on dh's side. Should be interesting! His dad was an only child and is deceased, so we will be doing lots of introducing ourselves and probably having to rehash what happened to "little Jimmy" as well. At least based on the last funeral we went to!

I didn't get up in time to run before the storm this morning, so I'm hoping for good weather tonight or I'll be on the treadmill

Good job on the race bob!

Don't believe everything you think
#3 of 11 Old 07-20-2013, 10:04 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9

Nice race, Bob!  Nothing wrong with 22 for 5k. 

Have fun at the reunion, Amichel!

I ran the little 8k race at our neighboring town.  Well, it's actually the town of our postal address, but not our school district.  Anyways, I kind of surprised myself a bit and ran something like a 34:37 at 6:54 pace for 9th OA.   6:48, 6:58, 7:07, 7:04, 6:34.  It featured a nice little race at the end with a fast older guy who reeled me in and passed me with .75 to go.  I tucked in behind him and waited until the last turn to kick past him.  It was kind of fun.   I actually would have been happy to have been between 7:15-7:30 pace, so perhaps my fitness is a little better than I thought and allergy/asthma season plus the heat has been holding me back.   

I'm a bit tempted to jump into a HM tomorrow and use it as an assisted long run.  It is my PR course from just prior to my last surgery (1:29:30) and I ran 1:36:xx there last year. It will be a game time decision. 

What else is happening this weekend?

#4 of 11 Old 07-20-2013, 12:12 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 7

Howdy, all.

I ran another little 1M at the PT office this morning (after everything else had been completed).  This week, my knees aren't nearly as sore.  Granted, I had knee braces on instead of taping, but maybe things are just getting stronger, overall.  The thought now is that we need to strengthen hip and core just a little more, and that should keep the legs/knees in line.. and then we're finally done.  So.. 3M done for the year, with hopefully more to come.  Wahoo!

My goal with all this (lately) was to be able to participate in a local 5k in early September in town.  It's the last race I was able to run in last year, before my body fell apart...so it would be very pleasing to return to it this year. 

Rawr for good 5k and 8K's this morning, guys.  Amichel - have fun at the family shin-dig!

Tomorrow, I head with mom to Stone Mountain.  They have a butterfly exhibit that hopefully will be rather entertaining.

#5 of 11 Old 07-20-2013, 02:51 PM
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22
Happy weekend 30's just resting and hanging out with the kids. It is actually much cooler this weekend so I am grateful. I hope you are all surviving back East.

Nice racing Bob and Duck.

Amichel enjoy the reunion.

Nice mile Ailarie you will get there.
#6 of 11 Old 07-20-2013, 03:00 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19

Nice run Ailarie!!

And Congrats to Duck! That's speedy.

Bob is speedy too. I haven't seen low 20s since college. 

I ran 6 this morning by myself, then walked O 2, and since Bob pouted/cried the whole time we were gone I walked him down the street and back. It's really too hot out for him to go farther.

After that and breakfast I had a nap. For a couple hours. HA. I haven't done a darn productive thing yet today, which is annoying, but Saturday seems to be my recover from the week day. I'm having a smackeral with the boys and then will work on some stuff.

Fun stuff = outdoor concert at a small park (which a friend of mine manages and organizes the events held there) in the Old West End (which is a neighborhood of GORGEOUS old houses) tomorrow evening. Some of my SFC peeps, plus Renee from work and 2 other friends are going, and I'm going to take Oskar.

And I'm off work Monday (took it as a mental health day), so that will be fun no matter what. HA.

#7 of 11 Old 07-21-2013, 09:21 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
Good job duck!

Welcome back to running ailerie!

11 mile bike + 3.5 mile run for me.

I'm taking dd to the Luke Bryan concert tonight, so I will need a nap today! I have a ton of to-dos too. This grown up stuff is not for wimps!

Don't believe everything you think
#8 of 11 Old 07-21-2013, 03:12 PM
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22

The weather is really weird here.  It looks like it might rain and it is in the 70's.  I am not complaining I really like it, but I still did my longish run at the gym.  It seems like it takes longer for me to get this old body going.  I am getting closer to double digits.  I ran 9.22 slowly.

Ailarie I always wanted to go to Stone Mountain.  My exBIL lives in Hotlanta but I never made it.

#9 of 11 Old 07-21-2013, 03:38 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49

My official time in the race was 21:48, which is actually better than I thought.  I guess I waited a long time to stop my Garmin.  Whatever.  Hey, I'll take it.  I've got another 5k race on Wednesday (the Pizza Run), and I'll definitely be slower there.  That course is hilly and quite crowded... 

#10 of 11 Old 07-21-2013, 06:31 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4

we were driving to dinner tonight when i saw a runner on the sidewalk with a dog on a leash. as i was approaching, the dog suddenly stepped off the sidewalk and charged into the street. the only reason i swerved and missed him in time was b/c i happened to be looking at him and was trying to figure out what kind of dog he was (pit/GSD mix, i'd guess). if i hadn't, i would have totally run him over. the owner yanked her dog back on the sidewalk and started yelling at him. it really upset me. i almost killed a dog! 

#11 of 11 Old 07-21-2013, 06:41 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19

Nice run Ron! I can't remember if you're training for a race? Or building mileage?

boB, will you be eating pizza while you run?

Missy, that would freak me out too.

I took OsKar to his first concert tonight.biggrin.gif

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page