middle of the week 7/17 - KickRunners.com

#1 of 17 Old 07-17-2013, 09:37 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4

AK had dance class today and it went much better this week than last. 

i'm going to try to get out for a few slow miles tonight after the sun goes down...

what are you up to?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 17 Old 07-17-2013, 10:59 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
Apparently everyone is really busy??

I had a meeting all morning, and now the IT guy is trying to download Adobe Cloud on my computer. Hopefully i'll be able to work when i finish lunch.

Um... Smething fun... Trying to plan a boat tour of the river here with a bunch of friends... You can bring your own food & (adult) beverages if you want too. Going to be fun.
#3 of 17 Old 07-17-2013, 11:07 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9

We are not too happy with the Adobe Cloud situation, which is the general consensus among universities.  It will end up doubling everyone's cost if we sign up with them.

I just walked through the coaches' orientation of our new football building. I've never seen that group so happy and grinning ear to ear.

Running on tap today.  Tomorrow is a weigh in day for me so I have to be diligent!

#4 of 17 Old 07-17-2013, 11:10 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 7

Howdy, all. Crazy day (week? month?) at the office. Haven't even gotten to my usual "morning websites to check out" routine yet at 2:06pm.

Anywho....

I'd hoped to try my second run of the week on the treadmill, but yesterday was the 1st day in almost a week that's been dry enough to cut the grass in the section by the road where there is often standing water.  Gah, I hate that task.  Between the angle of the bank, the traffic, and grass still being wet enough that I had to stop and clear out the cutting area 4-5 times, I was not having fun.  Though after I was a grass-covered mess, I did at least take the time to thoroughly clean out the mower's undercarriage and change out the oil.  Thought about trying to change the spark plug, but the mosquitoes were feasting on me as it was.  Enough, already...

So... tonight I'll head home.. get my PT out of the way, and tape up the knee again and see if I can manage my 2nd mile of 2013.  Baby steps...

Missybabe - I snickered at your baby-catching story.  I'm sure I don't have a realistic image in my head, but the whole thing sounds a bit comical.. like there should be looney tunes songs playing in the background or something. :)  Still - I love how - even with language barriers, the language of love is so very well spoken between you and your clients and their families. Very rewarding, indeed.

Kath - We're overdue for puppy pics.  I know your DH posts some on FB. (a lot of you snuggled for naps with the boys), but more are always welcome!

Ah... my files have finished uploading, so it's back to the grind.  I know I'm missing info... but I hope that everyone is doing well!

#5 of 17 Old 07-17-2013, 11:23 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Given: 2

Nino!   (loved your story, Missy)

CF this morning w/what has become a regular Wednesday workout... bench pressing and 3x500m rows but today we did farmer carries in between and man are those sandbags awkward to haul around.  I do, however, feel better prepared to help Kath load and unload any large bags of pottery supplies in the future  biggrin.gif   And bench pressing always leaves me feeling like a dude building up my chest.  ha. 

#6 of 17 Old 07-17-2013, 11:59 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
Likes Given: 1
Hello all. I woke up a little achy, so I opted to delay body pump. It was a wise decision, because the swim workout at lunch was really tough! My evening plans are up in the air at this point.

In other news, I registered for a super sprint triathlon on aug 3 (3 weeks prior to the sprint tri I'm already registered for) and I'm already registered for a 5k with dd the week after that. August will be huge!

Don't believe everything you think
#7 of 17 Old 07-17-2013, 12:19 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 20
Likes Given: 1

afternoon

I am very tired

I was up at 450 this morning and got in 14 miles.  Once again it was super humid with a dew point of 72 and the air temp of 76.  When I started...at 5.  When I was done, the temp was 82.  YUCK. 

Anywho...the wall is BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

#8 of 17 Old 07-17-2013, 12:50 PM
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningINnyc View Post

I do, however, feel better prepared to help Kath load and unload and any large bags of pottery supplies in the future  biggrin.gif

I have About 800 lbs worth of clay (in 50lb boxes) out in my garage waiting for you.

i'd love to haveitmoved down into my studio (which is in our basement). I try to catch DH when i can and have him carry down a box at a time for me, but the other day i was out and he was asleep (worked all night) so i opened a box and grabbed a 25 lb bag. Sad carrying that much used to not be a big deal, but it really didnt help my situation any. rolleyes.gif

And i could train you to load a kiln. Its like making a house of cards. Dh refuses to touch any pots that arent fired, even after me showing him the proper way. (It's because he broke a huge, bone dry bowl once.)

Ailarie, i'llhave to post pics later. I cant get it to work from my ipad.

Eta: cool!typing code for smilies worked! Lets try this one... violent1.gif Thats one of my favorites. Heh.
#9 of 17 Old 07-17-2013, 02:53 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Given: 2

Brandy - more candy? 

Quote:
Originally Posted by katholeenie View Post

And i could train you to load a kiln. Its like making a house of cards. Dh refuses to touch any pots that arent fired, even after me showing him the proper way. (It's because he broke a huge, bone dry bowl once.)

I'll handle the 50 lbs boxes, my man-hands make the kiln loading much too scary of a prospect  

#10 of 17 Old 07-17-2013, 03:53 PM
Special Member

Some shoes I tested last year just got released.  $160! Gulp!

http://gizmodo.com/free-flyknit-nikes-second-skin-running-shoe-804463264 

10 miles today at lunch at 8:00 pace.  The last 3 were quite warm, and I lost 4 lbs of water weight during the run.

#11 of 17 Old 07-17-2013, 04:27 PM
Addicted Member

$160 for shoes is crazy.

Why are people afraid to load the kiln?!?!? It's not that bad!!! Pick the pots up with 2 hands from underneath, not with one hand on the rim (which is what DH did.) Not a big deal!!!

Some funny comments from chiro tonight:

"Your whole stack is stuck."

"You are a fascinating study in mechanical pain."

When talking about the curve of my spine:

Doc - You know camels with two humps? Your spine kind of looks like that tonight.

Me - Did you just call me a camel?

And then we both started laughing.

"Wow. You don't usually say OW. You're usually more stoic." as he kept poking at the spot...

For Aliarie...

#12 of 17 Old 07-17-2013, 04:44 PM
Special Member

Those look like doggie mug shots.  

Drunk partier.

and

****, don't tell my parents!

#13 of 17 Old 07-17-2013, 04:57 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckgeek View Post

Drunk partier.

and

Bahahahaha! 

Thanks Kath.  I swear, O really IS the smile-st (smileyest?) dog I've seen in ages.  He just seems like he's always a happy camper. 

#14 of 17 Old 07-17-2013, 06:04 PM
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckgeek View Post

Drunk partier.

and

HA!!! Those are perfect.

Ailarie, every pic I take of O (at least when he is awake) looks the same because he always has that smile on his face.

#15 of 17 Old 07-17-2013, 07:52 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Given: 6
Hi all - well, I'm apparently "well-qualified" enough to at least be possibly referred for interview for that position I put in for a few weeks back. No interview imminent yet, but I'm happy that that bit of news came to me today.

Rest day for me workout-wise. Looks like more hot and sticky outside tomorrow (not that I was really intending on running anyway) so I'll aim to be Crossfitting tomorrow in some manner.

Those are some neat looking shoes Duck but $160 sounds a bit spendy. Though I am thinking of at least considering forking over mondo bucks for some Hoka One Ones. I did see some websites selling them for a more reasonable price, so I just may lean more that way as time goes on.

Kath - the pups are looking fantastic.

That Adobe Cloud thingamabob isn't too helpful for me. All I really need is use of InDesign, and I'm not keen on spending $20/month to keep access to that single program. It might be time to learn how to use another program (I've fiddled with things like Inkscape and Gimp now on an informal basis.)

Anyway, hurrah for hump day, and here's to a good Thurday for all.

How to run a marathon: Step 1: You start running. There is no Step 2
- Joe
My Newest Blog
#16 of 17 Old 07-17-2013, 08:32 PM
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22

Evening 30's everyone is probably in bed but I wanted to say hi.  I ran just under 6 this morning.  It was a weight rest day so my body actually isn't too sore or stiff.  I will run and hit the weights tomorrow.  My dd13 is into her 3rd day of cross country and I think it is going ok.  She was really dreading it and it was like pulling teeth to get her to run  before practice kicked off, but I think she is enjoying it a little (shhh).  She went from 0 fitness to running 4 miles today which I thought was great and they ran up a couple of hills too.  Her friend that she was running with fainted near the end of their run but she is ok.

Ailarie how did the second mile go?

Kath I love the dog pics.

#17 of 17 Old 07-17-2013, 09:49 PM
Special Member

Had a great couple of beers tonight with The Parkers.   They are just too fun.  :)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page