Weekend! July 13-14, 2013 - KickRunners.com

#1 of 11 Old 07-13-2013, 09:03 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1

Happy Saturday, everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckgeek View Post

I rode my bike fast as a Duck-phoon tonight, 28 miles after work.

Nice use of the animal-weather theme! 

I did a long-ish run this morning, but I was not as fast as a Gatorruption.  It was (relatively) cool and cloudy, but it was also quite damp.  So I did a slow, soggy 12 miles.  It'll do... 

Anyone else running today?  Or racing this weekend? 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 07-13-2013, 10:06 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
This is a cross post from Facebook, I guess, but I did go to the run and crossfit WOD this morning. The run was on a trail, and I really liked it and ran well. The shade was worth the tree limbs and such on the path. I will be adding that to the mix for sure.

Not sure what to think about the crossfit. They did a little demo of the burpees and air squats and had people moving through the crowd to help. No one stopped at me, so I must have appeared to do it right smile.gif the practice set was fine, and round one was ok (10 burpees, 40 aid squats, and a run ~ 200 yards). But round two was really hurting my right knee on the burpees, so about halfway through the set I opted for extra air squats in stead, and did the same on round three after two burpees. I did talk to the head crossfit guy, and he gave me a modification on the burpee, but it didn't help. I'll try again after some rest of the knee.

1 hour bike ride on tap for tomorrow!

Have a great weekend!

Don't believe everything you think
#3 of 11 Old 07-13-2013, 10:19 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 23
Likes Given: 14

Those tweets about Sharknado were hilarious.  Moonie recorded it, and I said he'd better supply me with some good alcohol if he wants me to watch it with him. drunken_smilie.gif  He's more into bad movies than I am.

Thanks for all the good thoughts and wishes for my parents.  Power is back on at their house as of yesterday afternoon, however cable is still out which is making Grandpa grumpy.  He loves watching golf all weekend and since he isn't very mobile these days (even on oxygen, he has to pause to catch his breath when walking the 20 feet from his bedroom to his recliner in the family room), tv is one of the few things he enjoys that he can do.  They did confirm 2 weak tornadoes in the area, one on the east end of the county and one just over the county line on that same side.  The winds in my hometown itself were straight-line winds but plenty powerful in their own right.  There are still people without power today. 

Tonight we are going to see Natalie Merchant and the Columbus Symphony Orchestra at their Picnic with the Pops concert.  Looking forward to it.  You can take your own food and even alcohol if you wish, so we got some **** or High Watermelon wheat beer from 21st Amendment brewing, which is tasty, good on a hot day, and low ABV.  We are eating dinner at home but I might make some popcorn to take.

Kris

#4 of 11 Old 07-13-2013, 11:03 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19

MOON and/or RON!!!! Any way one of you would burn me a copy of Sharknado?!?! 

Got up and walked O a few miles, then we FINALY got a bunch of paperwork signed/witnessed/notarized (I've been trying to get this project done for a couple years) and then the boys and I had a big nap. Dh will probably be posting pics of Bob snuggling me at some point.

Tonight we're going to dinner with Dh's dad and his wife at the Mexican place up the street. 

#5 of 11 Old 07-13-2013, 06:18 PM
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22

Evening 30's I decided take a rest day today in hopes of having a good run tomorrow.  I am hoping for 10.  Lately when I run on Sundays my legs are rested but my upper body tires me out and I have to cut my run a little short.  Tomorrow I will not have any excuses.

Bob nice run.  My run will be sloggy too.  I sweat like 10 grown men when I run.

Amichel nice CF workout.

kath I am recording it on Direct TV.  Is there any way I can save that and send it to someone?  Is it on Hulu?

#6 of 11 Old 07-13-2013, 07:30 PM
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post

kath I am recording it on Direct TV.  Is there any way I can save that and send it to someone?  Is it on Hulu?

Uh.... Can one of the more tech-y people weigh in on that? I have no idea.

Dh deals with that stuff, but I don't know that he would know that as we don't have Direct TV. Or cable.

I'll watch it on Hulu if it's available there, or we stream Netflix through our wii. I was figuring since it only came out days ago that it wasn't available elsewhere yet.

Dinner was YUMMY. And FIL and his wife are fun. And the waiter did magic tricks. Fun night. Now some asshat is blowing off fireworks and O is caving behind a chair. roll_eyes.gif

#7 of 11 Old 07-13-2013, 09:32 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9

You would have to have a DVD recorder hooked up to the analog ports (composite (yello rca), component (r-g-b rca) or s-video) of the Direct TV tuner.  The hdmi port would probably have copy protection on it.

Does that help?

#8 of 11 Old 07-14-2013, 08:29 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
10 mile bike ride this morning that was more eventful than I expected, but all in all a good ride. Hitting the water as soon as dh gets back from fishing

Don't believe everything you think
#9 of 11 Old 07-14-2013, 03:17 PM
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckgeek View Post

You would have to have a DVD recorder hooked up to the analog ports (composite (yello rca), component (r-g-b rca) or s-video) of the Direct TV tuner.  The hdmi port would probably have copy protection on it.

Does that help?

I know what the dvd recorder is, and we have an hdmi button on our remote, but that's all I've got. biggrin.gif

I ran 6 this morning, and other than it being smoking hot out at 8am, it was a nice run.

After bacon/cheddar/caramelized onion meat balls for breakfast I threw 4 yarn bowls, but for whatever reason was having a seriously crappy throwing day, so stopped throwing and worked on a quilt top made from old jeans. I think I'm not going to put any batting in it and just back it with some fleece. Here is the top...

#10 of 11 Old 07-14-2013, 04:12 PM
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22

I ran 8.5 this morning it felt good but I fell short of my goal of 10.  My upper body seem to tire first because it is still a little sore.  Oh well.  We then went to the Fair.  I hadn't been in a few years and it was the best time I remember at the Fair.  The pig races were the highlight of the day.  I didn't have any nasty Fair food but it was still fun.

#11 of 11 Old 07-14-2013, 11:00 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
Still a nice run, Ron! Nothing wrong with 8.5!

I got 10 miles done earlier today, accompanied by Tycho on his bike. Decent pace, negative split.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page