Tuesday calm after the storm 30s - KickRunners.com

#1 of 15 Old 06-25-2013, 04:05 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
Likes Given: 1
Well, until the next storms anyway!

Spin this morning, but not sure if/how I will get a run in today. Busy day at work and an 8:30pm softball game. We will see!

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 06-25-2013, 06:58 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 2
Morning!

Good luck tonight, Amy!

Holy moly it's hot and humid here on the east coast! Not good running weather for me, and I'm planning on one more 20+ mi run at the end of this week. Ugh. Ankle's holding up but the calf is being pissy again. Grr.
But I did get 6 miles done this morning at the shore, so that was good.

Hope the post-race recovery is treating Bob and Kp well!

solarpoweredlife
If today was perfect, there would be no need for tomorrow.
#3 of 15 Old 06-25-2013, 08:38 AM

Likes Earned: 24
Likes Given: 46

Good Morning 30s!

(((Lora's Leg))))

Brandy, how's your pup??

Hoomid here too.  Yuk.  The Minnesota weather has been Teh Suck. T-storms forecast tonight.  Great. I'm hoping I can squeeze a run in after work before it starts. 

My TCM Training is not off to a spectacular start. bleah. I need to stick to the plan!!!  3 today, 6 tomorrow, 4 on Thursday.  Moonie, you do know that that TCM you paced me at still stands as my PR. :D

Funny you posted that LaraBar knock off recipe, I was Just Now looking at this No Bake Chocolate Cherry Energy Bar recipe. 

And I made a really tasty Smashed Avocado and Chickpea salad last night for meatless monday.  Avocado, chickpeas, green onion, lime juice and cilantro.  yum!  Yeah, the kids ate spaghetti.  LOL.  WHAT IS THAT GREEN STUFF??? heh. They're pretty open now to trying new things, but they have their limits. 

Happy trails!!!

#4 of 15 Old 06-25-2013, 09:13 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9

Have any of you cyclist/runners ever experience an issue with the top of your ankle being wonky?  Right above the laces where the tongue of your running shoe stops.  I'm thinking that something there gets used in cycling and it was fatigued, and on my run yesterday it felt strange a couple of times. 

Thanks for posting the recipes.  We'll have to give them a try, as our kids eat lots of lara bars and cliff bars.

Rainy day here, so a short run it will be for me.

#5 of 15 Old 06-25-2013, 09:17 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 21

Afternoon all!  Workout is pushed to this evening which will definitely be a sweatfest.   It's nasty hot here too... looked like I had peed my shorts last night while practicing doubleunders in the backyard.  icon_tongue.gif

(((Brandy's pup))))

#6 of 15 Old 06-25-2013, 09:44 AM
Special Member

Likes Given: 4
Brandy, any updates?

I went to Zumba class last night and it kicked my ass. Loved it.

Contractors showed up this morn after not showing up yesterday. So that's good. Ommmmmmmmm.
#7 of 15 Old 06-25-2013, 09:45 AM
Special Member

Likes Given: 4
Oh!! And happy continued recoveries for boB and kp. You both rock.
#8 of 15 Old 06-25-2013, 10:59 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 20
Well - pups ate a ton of sand and got sick off of it. She has pancreatitis as a result. Iv fluids and special diet to follow. Sigh
#9 of 15 Old 06-25-2013, 11:04 AM
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy View Post

Well - pups ate a ton of sand and got sick off of it. She has pancreatitis as a result. Iv fluids and special diet to follow. Sigh

Poor pups  :(   Sounds like my sister's dog that got all kinds of sick eating cat litter icon_puke_r.gif

#10 of 15 Old 06-25-2013, 02:59 PM
Special Member

((Pup))

3ish miles today at lunch.  I'm feeling a bit lethargic, probably from the lack of huge calories.  And salt.  And maybe protein, though I did eat a hard boiled egg last night and about 18 grams of protein so far today.   Maybe a 5:00 pint of beer will fix that.  :)

#11 of 15 Old 06-25-2013, 04:06 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19

WHOA.

Exhausted.. Too uncomfortable to get any sleep. Was left mostly alone today so I could get some work done, until the Bully went on a tear looking for a table runner that turned out to be IN HER OWN OFFICE. roll_eyes.gif

Tonight I got the rest of the blocks made for a secret project. My goal is to get all the prep work done this week so that I can get it finished over the weekend so I can give it to my Pat next Monday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckgeek View Post

Have any of you cyclist/runners ever experience an issue with the top of your ankle being wonky?  Right above the laces where the tongue of your running shoe stops. 

Yes. It's usually 1 of 2 things: my shoe is tied too tight/wrong, or I've run on an uneven surface (doesn't have to be too much) and it's pissed off the ankle I sprained.

YAY for the fake Lara bar reciipe!!! From what I can remember, I can eat all of it but the chocolate. Although I've never seen unsweetened dried cherries. Any ideas?

#12 of 15 Old 06-25-2013, 04:06 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19

Oh. And I ran a few this morning and sweat like 10 whole men. biggrin.gif

#13 of 15 Old 06-25-2013, 04:16 PM
Special Member

Check Trader Joe's for dried cherries, but right now around here cherries are cheap so we'd probably dry our own. 

Oh, and funny thing:  I noticed that I have 10 complete toenails currently, so I guess I'm not training or racing enough!

#14 of 15 Old 06-25-2013, 06:08 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
Two hours at the ballpark just to have the game delayed until Thursday. Yippee!

Don't believe everything you think
#15 of 15 Old 06-25-2013, 07:27 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Given: 6

Hi all - Chinese Chicken Salad isn't that hard a recipe, but I ended up concocting a pretty good one today.  Used some unusual ingredients in there as well as a way to go through some of our CSA veggies (lettuce instead of cabbage, radishes chopped into sticks and raw corn sliced off the cob) and it really turned out quite well.

It was a steam bath out there today, so I settled on a quickie CF-style workout indoors.  I might have to sweat in the heat tomorrow if I want to get in a run - got a stained glass class tomorrow night that Bard gave me a gift certificate for on Christmas (well, I had my choice of classes actually, but the stained glass one seemed the most up my alley) so if I wanna' run I gotta get my butt home, strap 'em on, and start sweating like heck.

BigG - I thought that would be the race that got you your PR.  Those energy bars are pretty similar to the knock off Clif Bars I made.  The only thing my recipe had was chopped up rice krispies cereal as well as 1/3 of a cup of brown rice syrup.  Since mine was a peanut butter bar knockoff, I also had a nut butter (I was out of PB, so I substituted almond butter.)

Duck - I've had that issue before myself; as I was trying to pull up with my legs to get maximal pedal power when I was more seriously into tris, I think I started irritating that part of the ankle due to my shoe strap.

Kath - it's sort of a pain, but you can probably oven dry your cherries.  And like Duck mentioned, Trader Joe's sells unsweetened, unsulfured dried cherries (they're excellent for that kind of dried fruit and nuts in general.)

Ugh Brandy - I hope the pups get better soon

Lora - continued vibes for your ankle and your calf.

How to run a marathon: Step 1: You start running. There is no Step 2
- Joe
My Newest Blog

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page