Weekend June 08/09 2013 - KickRunners.com

#1 of 9 Old 06-08-2013, 01:22 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1

No posts in over 24 hours?  Where is everybody? 

Thankfully Tropical Storm Andrea got out of here without a problem.  And it left some nice running weather for today: low 70s and cloudy.  That was a **** of a lot better than last Saturday's mid-80s and sunny!  I finished with a little over 17 miles.  I easily could have gone more, but I figured that was good enough, with a marathon only 14 days away.  Since I had a bit left in the tank, I cranked it up a bit on the last mile.  And Mile 17 ended up being 30 seconds faster than any other mile I did today.  Nice way to end it.  I feel much better about the upcoming race, although I would have liked to have gotten at least one 20 miler in at some point.  Oh well.

Anyone else out running this weekend? 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 06-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
Nice work, Bob!

I'm just back from the NCAA track meet. Thinking about heading towards the mountains a little ways and getting a run in myself.

KP, did your friend text you about meeting me the other day?
#3 of 9 Old 06-08-2013, 05:55 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19

The neighbors really need to turn off their air compressor that's RIGHT OUTSIDE OUR LIVING ROOM WINDOW!!! It's 9pm people. Time to put away the tools. Especially when it turns on every 30 seconds.

Actually got some stuff done today... 11 yarn bowls thrown, and handles for 10 mugs are made (but not attached.) It's taking forever for stuff to dry here.

#4 of 9 Old 06-08-2013, 06:23 PM
KP
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11
Likes Given: 0
She did text me Duck! Small, small world

13 miles for me today, well 13.1 to be exact. Ran a very hilly course overall (mile 11 was entirely uphill and gained almost 300 feet) and I was only a few seconds off my goal pace. Feeling much better about last week's long run.

Nice run boB!

It's not about goal setting, it is about goal achievement.  Anyone can set goals, few are willing to do what it takes to actually achieve them.    Vern Gambetta
My Blog I My Running Log 
#5 of 9 Old 06-08-2013, 08:04 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
Got 10k in on the reservoir bike path south of here. A bit asthmatic now, but worth it.
#6 of 9 Old 06-09-2013, 02:20 PM
KP
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11
Likes Given: 0
Did a nice 20 mile bike ride today with Tonya. We're signed up for a 40 mile Grand Fondo at the end of the month so we thought it might be a good idea to spend some time on the bike!

It's not about goal setting, it is about goal achievement.  Anyone can set goals, few are willing to do what it takes to actually achieve them.    Vern Gambetta
My Blog I My Running Log 
#7 of 9 Old 06-09-2013, 03:59 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
Likes Given: 1
Hey all - busy weekend with the neighborhood garage sale and a musical today. I went for a short bike ride yesterday and ran 3 miles today with J. First we've run together since the half in February, I think!

Heading in to a busy week followed by another busy weekend. Why I'm surprised by this, I'm not sure smile.gif

Don't believe everything you think
#8 of 9 Old 06-09-2013, 05:35 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 23
Likes Given: 14

We had a pretty busy weekend.  Plans for yesterday were to go to my sister's for a craft beer tasting and general chill-out kind of day.  We did that and had a good time, sharing very small portions during the tasting since there is always LOTS to try and usually high ABV stuff.  However, our day got going even earlier than planned when our family friend needed an assist.  Too long a story to tell here, but basically her cousin was a no-show and she needed a hand with putting her bed together after the movers helped her get her stuff from storage and into her apartment.

Today, we had breakfast at a diner that specializes in Cuban fare.  Then, Moonie baked up some yummy things to be our breakfasts for the work week while I went back to the friend's and helped her unpack some more.  I'm pretty beat after the busy weekend, especially since I slept poorly last night.

Bob-  Hartford is still an option for us though I don't think we are 100% guarantee just yet.

Kris
#9 of 9 Old 06-10-2013, 07:07 AM

Likes Earned: 24
Likes Given: 46

Kris - I saw your strawberry yumminess on Facebook!  

I'm out for Hartford.  Unless I win the lottery or something.  I just can't swing it. Boo. Hiss.  

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page