finally friday - KickRunners.com

#1 of 14 Old 06-07-2013, 05:05 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
Good morning. I threw carrots into the Green Monster this morning and neither dh nor AK said anything. Bahahahaha.

Its a wet day here in NY and I'm hoping not look like a drowned rat by the time I get to work. Heh.

How are you today?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 06-07-2013, 05:31 AM

Likes Earned: 24
Likes Given: 46

Today is a rest day for me.  It's funny how once you get in the groove, rest days aren't as much fun. I want to run.  

Smoothie discovery today.  You must add ice.  Today I winged it based on what I had.  And we are completely out of any kind of milk. Half a large can of mandarin oranges plus the juice, two handfuls of spinach,  a couple small pieces of candied ginger, a tablespoon of chia seeds and a scoop of protein powder.  Blend.  Drink.  BLECH!  It's like the blending WARMED it.  Gross.  I threw in some ice and reblended, then it was super tasty.  I liked the ginger in there.  

Big weekend here.  DD is doing the high school graduation ceremony. Cap and gown. The works.  This. Is. Huge.  I'm taking half a day off work today to take her to the rehearsal this afternoon.  Tomorrow we're having a family luncheon at a nice restaurant, and the ceremony is tomorrow night at 7.  I am already getting choked up thinking about it.  I'm going to be an absolute mess.  

Happy Happy Friday everyone!  YATTA!

#3 of 14 Old 06-07-2013, 06:04 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1

Oh yeah, it's Friday! 

G44

#4 of 14 Old 06-07-2013, 06:06 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 20

and National Donut Day!!!

#5 of 14 Old 06-07-2013, 07:28 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 14
Likes Given: 20

Morning all,

I'm going to try and be a daily regular in the thread.  Yippee!

Very soupy in Birmingham this morning.  I met one of my training partners and we did a Sleazy 10.6 miles in the soup.  We were sweating like 10 whole men!  Yuck! 

Thunderstorm rained out DS's baseball game last night after .5 innings.  We play a tough game tonight against one of the other All-Star teams from our park.  Technically, they are our only real competition in this tournament.  We've played them twice so far and are 1 - 1.  We can beat them, but it will take our best game.  We'll make up yesterday's game tomorrow, so that means games at both 9:00am and 5:00pm.  fun. 

So, what's going on here?  I was reading about a mice problem over on FB.  I hope that's resolved. 

Oh, and for SEC followers...NCAA annoucement regarding Miss State today at 10:00am central.  Word on the street is that it may have to do with a player getting some kind of payment or non-legal something from a booster. 

#6 of 14 Old 06-07-2013, 07:40 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Given: 2

Morning all!  Rainy and gloomy here but the gym was super alive this morning.   Got to CF for a 6:30 a.m. class as I have book club tonight (anyone read "The Light Between Oceans"?) and we hit up "Jackie" (1000m row, 50 thrusters, 30 pull-ups).   Felt much more awake after that biz but don't doubt I'll be relying heavily on java today... freakin' Harry woke me up sometime around 3:30 a.m. this morning... he's lucky he's cute!

Big G - congrats to DD!

Mindi - awwww, your boys are the best!

If you all were here I'd bring each and everyone one of y'all some goodness from Doughnut Plant!  

#7 of 14 Old 06-07-2013, 07:40 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 43
Likes Given: 3

Goon!  That is awesome.  I'm going to be a mess too when I get to that point.

#8 of 14 Old 06-07-2013, 07:58 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11

hi guys- working from today to work on a big project. Being out of the office and (hopefully) distraction free but we'll see how that goes. May sneak out for a spin class at lunch. Any good weekend plans? We're going to a wedding tonight (odd timing I know) and getting caught up on some stuff around the house-nothing too exciting. Also need to hit Costco- Missy- I've been eyeing a Vitamix for a while too- how are you liking it?

#9 of 14 Old 06-07-2013, 08:15 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timr1 View Post

Oh, and for SEC followers...NCAA annoucement regarding Miss State today at 10:00am central.  Word on the street is that it may have to do with a player getting some kind of payment or non-legal something from a booster. 

I always find it funny when crappy teams get busted for stuff like this.  Like, what good did it do them?  At least USCw and Auburn bought national championships.  What did Miss St buy?

Anyway, it's miserable weather here today.  I think I'll forego the run and hit the pool at the Y instead.  I haven't swum in a while, so that'll be nice...

A couple days ago there was a QOD about fall race plans.  And I don't think anybody mentioned Harftord.  So are we actually going to do that or not? 

By the way, donuts are good.

#10 of 14 Old 06-07-2013, 08:36 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Given: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjboston View Post

. Also need to hit Costco- Missy- I've been eyeing a Vitamix for a while too- how are you liking it?

Obvi I'm not Missy but I've had my Vitamix for several years now and LOVE it.  It's a big appliance for a small apartment but it's never let me down, can blend anything and has a good amt of capacity + it's super easy to clean

#11 of 14 Old 06-07-2013, 09:36 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 43
Likes Given: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjboston View Post

Any good weekend plans? 

We have our season-end GOTR 5k!  Other than that, probably some work for me.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBob View Post

I always find it funny when crappy teams get busted for stuff like this.  Like, what good did it do them?  At least USCw and Auburn bought national championships.  What did Miss St buy?

A couple days ago there was a QOD about fall race plans.  And I don't think anybody mentioned Harftord.  So are we actually going to do that or not? 

1.  Well, they have to apply their regs evenly.  It would look pretty bad if they turned a blind eye just because the team sucked.

2.  Missy did!

#12 of 14 Old 06-07-2013, 10:11 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76

BigG, that is awesome!!!   Congratulations to her and to you.

I want a donut.  Preferably a warm Krispy Kreme right out of the oven.  OMG, drool!

Last night's Crazy Ass Brick went as well as it could.  I ran in the drizzle/rain, which felt AWESOME considering how humid it was.  The coolness of the rain was very welcome.  All three of my miles were below 8:00 pace, so I was happy (7:56, 7:51, 7:55... oops, that last one should have been faster).  Now I just need to put those three miles together on race day! 

This morning's swim was good too.  I did a warmup and some drills, then for my main set I did 3 x 100, 4 x 75, and 6 x 50 -- basically three 300s but divided into different sprint lengths.  Oof!   I checked my paces, and I did indeed get faster as the sprints got shorter.  Score! 

Bob, we're probably not going to make it to Hartford.  I won't say we're a definite no, but we're at least a probable no.  sad.gif

#13 of 14 Old 06-07-2013, 11:06 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19

Nice workouts Tim, Marier and Theia!!!

KJ, did you get to spin?

I'm actually getting real work done today for the first day this week. I think the bully likes to give me impossibly short deadlines just to see if I can actually get stuff done. roll_eyes.gif  I think she's mad that my line is doing so well and I'm getting recognition for it. lol.gif

#14 of 14 Old 06-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22

Morning 30's.  I ran a slow 3.08 this morning and wasn't very motivated.  I had a great run last night about 5.5 and felt a twinge in my leg that has bothered me so I stopped.  I could have kept going so that was frustrating but at least it felt fine today.  I also did my chest.

I have a Champion juicer but I don't use it often enough.  I just don't like cleaning it.

Titans up to bat in about 4.5 hours.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page