almost noon people????

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 16 Old 06-06-2013, 08:55 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9

Not even 9!  :)

Yesterday way my Claire's 7th birthday.  We went out for Thai food for dinner (our exchange student leaves next week) and then to a HS awards presentation where Mila raked in a couple more awards, including the Freshman Citizenship award.  Which is nice. 

The pollen count is too high for me to go running outside here in the valley without risking a severe asthma attack.  I feel bad for any NCAA T&F athlete here for the championships who might not know they have a grass allergy until they get off the plane.

I hope all of our Philly Pholks are unaffected by the building collapse!

#3 of 16 Old 06-06-2013, 09:04 AM
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22

Now it is 9.  Morning 30's today is a weight rest day so I will just run some unknown distance at some unknown pace.  Tomorrow is the start of the college baseball Super Regionals.  Fullerton is hosting UCLA.  Tusks up!!! Go Titans!!!

Morning Brandy and Duck.

#4 of 16 Old 06-06-2013, 09:05 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 20
Likes Given: 1

I did 10 miles last night and 3 this morning.  It is seriously like Portland here (as much as I know about Portland).  Grey and drizzling almost every day and never above 70.  blah.   I am getting sick of it and getting sick for realz as well. 

lifting after work.

Duck - that sounds horrible (the asthma thing)

#5 of 16 Old 06-06-2013, 09:10 AM
KP
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11
Likes Given: 0

Duck - that's the reason it surprises me that the NCAA keeps letting you guys host!  They HAVE to field all kinds of complaints because the scenario you mentioned is doubly bad because that kid can't take anything to alleviate symptoms that will really work because of drug testing.

As bad as my last two runs were, today's was that good.  7 miles total with 5 of them tempo at 8:57 goal pace.  Averaged 8:40 for the tempo portion and actually ran a negative split.

Off to the east side of the state for a conference.

It's not about goal setting, it is about goal achievement.  Anyone can set goals, few are willing to do what it takes to actually achieve them.    Vern Gambetta
My Blog I My Running Log 
#6 of 16 Old 06-06-2013, 09:18 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
#7 of 16 Old 06-06-2013, 09:19 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
Hello all, this week has been lousy for workouts. Hopefully the chiro visit at 2 will be the turning point. I made hotel reservations for the tri. 4 star for $68 a night? Don't mind if I do, thanks Hotwire smile.gif

Don't believe everything you think
#8 of 16 Old 06-06-2013, 09:22 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
AK and I shared a green monster for breakfast - omg. It was deeeeeeelissh!! I will no longer deprive myself.....
#9 of 16 Old 06-06-2013, 10:06 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Given: 2

Morning all!   Rest day from CF but a run day for sure; yesterday's WOD took more out of me than I thought and I couldn't muster a run afterwards. 

Happy belated B-Day to the duckling!

#10 of 16 Old 06-06-2013, 10:49 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by KP View Post

Off to the east side of the state for a conference.

We're going for drinks tonight if you want to join in! wink.gif
#11 of 16 Old 06-06-2013, 10:54 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76

All this talk about smoothies makes me wish I had a blender.  razz.gif  Maybe it's better that I don't, however, since I can totally see my healthy smoothies turning into milkshakes instead! 

I am doing my favorite pre-race workout tonight -- the Crazy Ass Brick.  I just checked my log; the last time I did one was June 10, 2011!!!   No wonder I'm strangely excited about it.  After I'm done and showered, it's back to the Greek Festival we go. 

Nice workout, KP!  Stay healthy, Brandy.

#12 of 16 Old 06-06-2013, 11:43 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49

Holy cow.  After reading Duck's story, I am really glad I don't live in Eugene.  I have an allergy to grass, and it has actually really whallopped me this week.  And it must be much worse out there than it is here... 

Anyway, Happy Birthday to my little cousin Claire! 

My allergy has gotten me really down for the last couple days and I haven't posted in a while.  I went to the doc on Monday and now I'm all hopped up on 'roids, and I'm feeling better.  I hope my name isn't dropped by Tony Bosch though... 

Since I aborted my 20 mile run last weekend, maybe I'll try again this weekend, if I'm feeling close to 100%.  It certainly won't be too sunny like it was last weekend.  But it might be interesting to try and run long during Tropical Storm Andrea.  We'll see... 

#13 of 16 Old 06-06-2013, 12:49 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11

I'm wondering if M has a grass allergy- she was playing in the yard before dinner and then when I put her in the bathtub she started crying and said her legs were itching. Not sure why. I've been fighting a headache today so I'm dragginga bit.

I can't believe it is June- May flew by.

#14 of 16 Old 06-06-2013, 06:09 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 43
Likes Given: 3

Hello friends.

I don't have grass allergies, but I do have some pollen allergies and my eyes have been crazy itchy the last couple of days.

No run for me.  I ran with my girls last night and my head was bothering me again.  So back to a few days off.  Makes me feel old.  But I want to be ultra careful - can't mess with the old noggin.  Not bad timing either as I am totally swamped at work (of course, I have a vacation planned this month and DH has a big trial starting Monday).  

I'm not complaining.  I am really busy, it is but fun stuff.  Messy stuff.  So very interesting.

Have a good night!

Oh: I know you get sick of me bragging on my kiddos, but I'm going to do it anyway because they rock.  DS1 - who you may recall struggled in the past with focusing on school rather than goofing off - really came around this year.  First term (of 4) was very rocky, but he ended up pulling off high honor roll, barely.  The next 2 terms he improved more.  This term?  Little dude is going out with a GPA higher than a 4.0 (exact # unknown as 3 grades aren't finalized).  Freaking awesome.  And not just because he got good grades now, because he learned good study habits and that this stuff matters.  Parenting win (both in the luck sense and in the pushing your kid in the right direction sense).  Yay!  DS2 no doubt also did great - but he doesn't get real grades yet.  He gets Os and Ss and whatnot.  He also has never had motivation issues, so he's always our ringer in school.  Lucky folks we are......

#15 of 16 Old 06-06-2013, 06:15 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Given: 6

Hi all - yesterday was sort of a crazy day.  I was about to go out for a run, especially since it was National Running Day, but right before I was about to head out, the water went out at our place (glad I did NOT get back to my place all stinky and sweaty.)   Took about an hour to restore it, and by that time Bard had really figured she didn't want to cook so we used a discount certificate we had bought a couple months back to have dinner at a local brewery.

There we had a rather interesting experience - when Bard tried asking for a flight of their beers, we found out they don't do it for some rather snooty-sounding reasons.  Fair enough (if not exactly repeat-customer friendly, IMHO), but our server didn't help his employer by explaining it in about the most snooty way possible.  The beer was merely okay anyway, but at least the food was pretty good and it was a nice day to be outside on the patio.

By the time we got home, it was a little too late to do much of anything productive.

As far as today, we finally were able to get our CSA to deliver our produce to our place - nice to see non-wilty veggies and the strawberries looked pretty good as well.  Bard cooked up a pretty nice kohlrabi curry dish for dinner today.  Managed to get in that run today - I think I'm slowly but surely getting that groove back, as I extended the running segments a decent amount over Tuesday's efforts.  The knee doesn't really bother me now; it's just a matter of avoiding the klutz-mobile and keeping myself upright on my runs.

Duck - that's not fun at all re: the pollen...but a belated happy birthday to Claire!

BigG - this is the recipe I found re: the Clif Bar knockoffs.  I got the brown rice syrup at Whole Foods, and I plan to tweak it a little next time around by upping the date content and lowering the syrup.  I also used almond butter (because that's what I had) and it worked out just fine

http://www.food.com/recipe/chocolate-chip-clif-bar-recipe-hack-494950

Amy - hoping the chiro visit went well

Kath - I'm soooooo happy for you - big time congratulations!!!

Missy - sounds like AK is becoming quite the little fish; woohoo on her graduation smile.gif

QODY - If I can get trained up for it, I'd love to do either Hartford or Columbus.  Maybe another random race if I have a really good training cycle.

Anyway, here's an early YATTA! for tomorrow being Friday...have a good night

How to run a marathon: Step 1: You start running. There is no Step 2
- Joe
My Newest Blog
#16 of 16 Old 06-06-2013, 06:25 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19

I am thankful beyond measure that other than cats I don't have any allergies. Cause I can't imagine having to deal with the leakage and headaches and whatnot that some of you have to deal with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runninlaw View Post

Makes me feel old.

Dude. Some days I feel 100. 

And your boys ARE awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmoonptdeux View Post

Kath - I'm soooooo happy for you - big time congratulations!!!

Thanks!

Owner sent an email out to the entire company announcing that my program was the new #1 pattern vendor. HA! 

I went out with a couple friends (one from work) tonight to celebrate. I lost my voice from laughing.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page