Likes Given: 1

It's Monday.  This is how I feel:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 17 Old 06-03-2013, 06:17 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 20

too much work to hold on  - I would have dropped!

Bob - I hear you on the sun thing.  Sunshine = wilting for me.  I did 13 yesterday and it was about 50 and pure sun.  I was in a world of hurt after making the decision to wear a long sleeve.  Seriously the winds were gusting at 40...you'd think I would be fine but NOOOO.  I was a sweat beast and chafed horribly.

I'm tired

#3 of 17 Old 06-03-2013, 06:18 AM
KP
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11
Likes Given: 0

morning boB

My long run yesterday (weather was iffy with high t-storm chances on Saturday) was only marginally better than yours - ended up making 18, but I was 40 seconds off my goal pace for the run.  Hoping it was just a convergence of stuff and not foreshadowing my race.

nothing else exciting here.

It's not about goal setting, it is about goal achievement.  Anyone can set goals, few are willing to do what it takes to actually achieve them.    Vern Gambetta
My Blog I My Running Log 

#4 of 17 Old 06-03-2013, 06:42 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 43
Likes Given: 3

KP - I don't think it was a foreshadowing of anything.  Just a less than stellar training run.  You are having a great training season.

I didn't run at all over the weekend and am feeling like a sloth.  This week my training for Columbus starts, but I still have a little bit of a headache, so I am not sure I'll be able to start this week.  Boo.

#5 of 17 Old 06-03-2013, 09:41 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49

Yeesh, we're a cheery bunch today, eh? 

I'm really dragging today.  I spent quite a bit of time this weekend doing yardwork, and my allergies have kicked in. I plan on running tonight, but I don't know how far I'll make it.  More than zero is better than zero, I guess. 

I gotta decide if I want to try for 20 again next weekend.  I want to get in one 20-miler between marathons, but two weeks before the marathon isn't ideal.  Hmm.  Maybe I'll just shoot for 18 and say that's good enough.  Well, I guess I have a few days to think about it... 

#6 of 17 Old 06-03-2013, 09:51 AM
Special Member

OMG I am so excited.  We just booked a day hike in Jackson, Wyoming with llamas!  Llamaneering!  Ha - I am sofa king excited it is ridiculous.  lol

582640_449354445109548_623799130_n.jpg

#7 of 17 Old 06-03-2013, 09:52 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11

hey there- happy monday (not). I'm also dragging today...even stopped at Starbucks this morning and it didn't do the trick. Weekends are just far too busy recently. Going to Houston for 2 days last week for work seemed like a nice break actually which is ironic.

Bob- what are you training for?

#8 of 17 Old 06-03-2013, 10:51 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9

Hey peeps,

Sorry that the running wasn't stellar this weekend.  I took it off to continue to resolve my sore hip.  Combined with all of the activities we had going on and the pollen count soaring, it was probably for the best. 

The Pre meet was fantastic.  Mila's play was fantastic.  Slaughtering/processing 5 meat chickens, not so fantastic but necessary.  Fixing my tractor, really super fantastic (this one was worrying me greatly).  Add in a couple of potlucks, NCAA baseball and Amy working evening shifts and we were really busy.  I'll take a long lunch today and try to slog 8 or 10 miles if my lungs and eyes allow it.

#9 of 17 Old 06-03-2013, 10:52 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 2

Afternoon all!  Flew back to NYC this morning and am just catching up on some work stuffs now before heading out to CF.  

Llamaneering looks fun and is super fun to say!   

#10 of 17 Old 06-03-2013, 10:54 AM
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22

Morning 30's I am heading to the gym soon to lift and run a little.  I ended up with a little over 8 yesterday and I felt pretty good.  Nothing too exciting happening today.

College baseball update Fullerton is hosting a Super Regional next weekend against UCLA so it should be a lot of fun.

Bob sorry you feel that way.

Brandy nice run.

KP way to go on that 18 miler.

RIL who does like Llamas. Wyoming is beautiful and could make for a great place to run.

KJ I hate Houston but I hope you have fun.

#11 of 17 Old 06-03-2013, 11:17 AM
Special Member

Yes llamaneering should be fun!  We asked for a more strenuous hike too, so it should be fun.  I know the boys will love it.

Ron - Wyoming is great to run in, but most of the time we are staying in the national park and I am too scared to run as I'll be on my own and last time we saw a Grizzly and her 2 cubs 3 different times.  So I'll plan to run when we are in Jackson.  Otherwise my fitnessing will be hiking, rafting and kayaking!  Can't wait!

#12 of 17 Old 06-03-2013, 11:23 AM
Special Member

I don't think I'll ever visit Jackson, WY.  Last I knew one of my college girlfriends lives there, and she scares me!  I'd rather run with the grizzlies!

#13 of 17 Old 06-03-2013, 12:36 PM
Special Member

Likes Given: 4

we had a fabulous playdate in the city but AK whined/fussed the whole way home. so totally awesome ;)

now i'm drinking coffee. with bailey's. hey, don't judge.

my knee is a bit achey so i'm planning on x-training and reducing mileage this week. i wanted to do a longer 7-8ish mile this past weekend but was a good girl and backed off. i figure i'm not training for anything so i should try to get this knee to behave. 

i'm dealing with some medical stuff and trying to schedule some tests which is stressing me out (more to come at the right time) that plus, well, i'm always very uncomfortable being on The Other End of things, medical- wise. i have to start acting like a patient instead of attempting to tell my team what i think should be done. heh. 

#14 of 17 Old 06-03-2013, 05:05 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Given: 6

Hello all - well, my knee is coming back to form.  I can feel the area that was injured on certain strides, but it doesn't really hurt or anything when I do.  My walk run ratio is very conservative right now as a way to kick this issue to the curb and slowly get back to training.   The bigger issue actually might be my toe.  The time I wasn't pounding it into the pavement because of my knee was actually good for it , but if I keep stubbing the **** thing (which I've done two of the last three walk/runs), it's going to keep being a literally pain in the...uh, foot. 

I love running in my flats but they provide no protection at all.  The Hoka One One's look super intriguing but are also super spendy.  So I think I'll compromise by running in my NB Minimus (Minimii?) for the time being.

I had a very draggy Monday myself - had no motivation to get started on the work week, but I eventually got going.

Bard made a verrrry spicy Korean pork dish over the weekend, and I brought some in for lunch.  Having more rice helped deal with the heat, but it's so spicy I needed to run and get an iced milky drink after.

Anyway, here's hoping everyone's Tuesdays are a lot less draggy

How to run a marathon: Step 1: You start running. There is no Step 2
- Joe
My Newest Blog
#15 of 17 Old 06-03-2013, 05:25 PM
Special Member

6.6 miles after work, pre-baseball game.  I'll probably be all sorts of wheezy tonight from the pollen, but it was a pretty good run for the most part and I managed to bring it in under 8 avg pace.   I'm definitely not heat acclimated, as it is 73F and I was melting in the sun.

Yum, spicy pork!

#16 of 17 Old 06-03-2013, 05:29 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBob View Post

Yeesh, we're a cheery bunch today, eh? 

Despite a crap night of sleep I AM!!!!

I've had a really good day. Did I tell you guys last week how the bully and I got into it in my office last week? Or rather, she waited until I was alone and came in intending to tear into me, but I sat calmly and watched her with my head cocked (sort of like how my dogs do - ha) and didn't react to what she was ranting about. Or if I did respond, made whatever comment in my normal calm  tone of voice. Pissed her off even more because I wasn't reacting, but HA. One of the buyers saw the bully marching into my office, and heard her starting to go off on me, so she came in and sat down so I would have a witness, and also figured bully couldn't tear into me as bad if someone else was in there.

Anyway, after bully left the buyer looked at me and said THAT WAS SO COOL. Because I mostly shut her down and made her more angry because of my staying so calm.

So, the result of that conversation was a number of things to add to the agenda of my weekly meeting with my committee. One by one I brought up bully's issues in the meeting this morning, which I had already given the bully my opinion on during her rant in my office last week, so the others were able to give their opinion without any bias from knowing what I said. EVERY ONE OF THEM AGREED WITH ME.

Bully can just SUCK IT. She was being difficult on several of the topics today and the committee just shut her down. It was awesome. heh.

And I figured out some printer issues this afternoon. And I got carded buying vodka. And OsKar was completely silly on our walk tonight. And I had home made pickles with dinner. (I LOVE pickles.) And and and.

biggrin.gif

Duck, what's the deal with your hip? And I know what you mean about the girlfriend. Except mine's a psycho roommate.

((((((((((Missy)))))))))))))

LLAMAS!!!! aren't they fierce spitters?

#17 of 17 Old 06-03-2013, 05:30 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19

Moon, did you break your toe?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page