TGIW? - KickRunners.com

#1 of 18 Old 05-29-2013, 06:27 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 27

Even though it's a short week, I am praying that it starts to move a little faster!  Perhaps it's the weather, rain and fog, that's making it drag.

Theia - can't wait to see the furniture in person!  We need to plan a day for Avery and I to come down SOON!
Brandy - congrats on the 5k even if you were with too many speedy people!
Goon - Sounds like a fun half and great pics
Bob - love the picture
Moon - glad to hear the knee is getting better

I didn't get in a run all weekend including Monday but I walked 2 miles in the Doylestown Parade with Avery and her riding  team.  She decided to walk because the trailer only holds 5 horses so she got some exercise too!

Yesterday I had an excellent run.  It's the first time since I started up in March that I felt so good running and felt I could do more than I was allowing myself to do.  I'm also noticing the inches falling off (although the scale is barely moving) finally so there is some more motivation :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 18 Old 05-29-2013, 06:48 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 2

Morning all!  Monday's workout and it's resulting soreness reared it's head just in time for last night's workout.  Wheeee  biggrin.gif   CrossFit Xtra Mile here in St Louis is doing Hero WODs all this week in honor of our service men and women.   

Monday was "Murph"  (run 1 mile, 100 pullups, 200 pushups, 300 squats, run 1 mile)

Tuesday was "DT" (5 rounds for time of:  12 deadlifts, 9 hang cleans, 6 push jerks)

Today is "Griff" (run 800m, run 400m backwards, run 800m, run 400m backwards)  --- I'm a little leery of this one but welcoming the break from any bar work, my grip is shot!  

Yeah Heather, keep up the good work!  

Moonie - glad to hear there's some improvement on the knee front even if incremental 

#3 of 18 Old 05-29-2013, 07:47 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 0

This morning's smoothie report:

Dark chocolate almond milk, protein powder, half a banana, spoon of PB, squirt of sugar free choc syrup and ice.  Freaking amazing!

#4 of 18 Old 05-29-2013, 08:12 AM

Likes Earned: 24
Likes Given: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by katholeenie View Post

GAAAA. My life would be easier if Oskar wouldn't wait for me to poop. Stand by...

I read this and wondered how and why Oskar was waiting for you to poop.   I think I blew a tube from laughing so hard. 

I had a fresh peach smoothie today!  Dropped in a cut up fresh peach, a tablespoon of ch-ch-ch-chia seeds, a scoop of vanilla protein powder, some ice and regular milk.  Deelish!  The peaches that are in right now are fab.  I bought a gob of them because the kids are gobbling them up, which is good!  Better to have peaches than Doritos.  

Power 45 class on tap today.  Whee fun!!  

Last night I challenged my Tough Mudder Teammates to do a little Burpee Challenge - and then didn't do it myself. :(  Karma comin' back at me! But I realized after I sent the email that yesterday was Tuesday, not Monday, and I have the Power 45 class today which is tough and I'd like to get through it in good form.  There are other people in the class!  I want to hold my own!  Ya know?  So I'll do the Burpee Challenge tomorrow night. 

10 Burpees 1 Squat 
9 Burpees 2 Squats
8 Burpees 3 Squats 
7 Burpees 4 Squats 
6 Burpees 5 Squats 
5 Burpees 6 Squats 
4 Burpees 7 Squats
3 Burpees 8 Squats 
2 Burpees 9 Squats 
1 Burpee 10 Squats
Rest 1 Minute. 
Repeat In Opposite Direction. 
Because burpees get it done.

smile.gif
#5 of 18 Old 05-29-2013, 08:14 AM

Likes Earned: 24
Likes Given: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRG71 View Post

This morning's smoothie report:

Dark chocolate almond milk, protein powder, half a banana, spoon of PB, squirt of sugar free choc syrup and ice.  Freaking amazing!

P.S.  I am trying this one.  Sounds yummay!

#6 of 18 Old 05-29-2013, 08:33 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigGahoona View Post

I read this and wondered how and why Oskar was waiting for you to poop.  

Ha, me too. 

Nice workouts from you guys!  I don't do nearly enough weightlifting any more.  I shudder to think how many of you guys could beat me up... 

Today I'm gonna try for a nice speedy run of some sort.  (Probably mile repeats).  It's supposed to be hot though, so it might be interesting... 

#7 of 18 Old 05-29-2013, 08:37 AM
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22

Morning 30's I am about to head out for my run then I will lift.  I am hoping I have more energy this morning.  Open House at the elementary school so that should be fun.

SR good job on getting that run in.

NYC nice workouts for you.

NCRG sounds good.

BigG your smoothie sounds good too.

#8 of 18 Old 05-29-2013, 08:38 AM
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22

Bob I hope the repeats go well.

#9 of 18 Old 05-29-2013, 08:48 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 43
Likes Given: 3

Hello folks!

Maria - count me in on those that LOVE the card.  Awesome.  

Okay, so I am a total klutz.  The kitchen curtains above the sink were all dusty so I washed them Monday.  But when trying to get them back up, I totally fell wiped it HARD.  And I am still sore everywhere.  Ugh.  So I ended up not running last night.  But I sucked it up and ran a little over 9 this morning.  Once I got through the first mile I was fine.

Tonight at GOTR we are coming up with ideas for a community service project.  Anyone have great ideas for young girls (must be able to do in an hour and a half).

#10 of 18 Old 05-29-2013, 10:07 AM
KP
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11
Likes Given: 0

afternoon gang!

The weather here has been shitty.  Not really supposed to need hoodies during the day in this part of Michigan during the day.

just under 6 miles total today with 10x400.  Was about 8-10 seconds faster on each one.  Have a goal marathon pace tempo run and my second 20 miler this week.  After that it's all downhill from there.

Impressed with your Murph time Maria...originally planned to do it as well Monday, but then realized I had a 20 miler.  Planning on throwing it on the calendar after the race.

Only two more days of work!

It's not about goal setting, it is about goal achievement.  Anyone can set goals, few are willing to do what it takes to actually achieve them.    Vern Gambetta
My Blog I My Running Log 
#11 of 18 Old 05-29-2013, 10:16 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
Body pump and swim done and done. Now I need about 15 extra hours today to catch up on life! Magic wand, anyone? smile.gif

Don't believe everything you think
#12 of 18 Old 05-29-2013, 10:24 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGahoona View Post

I read this and wondered how and why Oskar was waiting for you to poop.   I think I blew a tube from laughing so hard.

Oh my. That wasnt very clear, huh? (Snicker) I meant that OsKar wont poop for DH. He holds it until i wake up or get home or whatever. For whatever reason he prefers pooping when i'm holding the leash. Its our special thing. rolleyes.gif

Mariers work out makes me want a nap. And a massage.
#13 of 18 Old 05-29-2013, 11:14 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9

I think Kath looks pretty darn fantastic.  I might have mentioned this fact to her upon our greeting earlier this month.  wink.gif

New kicks showed up today, so my office has that new shoe smell.   Nike Zoom Elite 6. 

#14 of 18 Old 05-29-2013, 12:43 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 20

mmmmm.....new shoe smell

Missy - yes it was a PR by 23 seconds. 

I ran 5 miles yesterday - doing something after work barring any bad weather.

back to meeting!

#15 of 18 Old 05-29-2013, 01:17 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Given: 2

Brandy - totally missed that, CONGRATS!!    How is mom doing?

#16 of 18 Old 05-29-2013, 05:44 PM
Addicted Member

WOOHOO Brandy!!!

RIL - no sew fleece blankets for preemies? You'd have to check with the hospital to see what they accept, but I know those things work up QUICK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckgeek View Post

I think Kath looks pretty darn fantastic.  I might have mentioned this fact to her upon our greeting earlier this month.  wink.gif

HA! You did. A few times. biggrin.gif

Hm... I didn't get many pics from the weekend....and none with the kick ass shoes...ok, here's me talking to my cousin's husband at the in-between party at my aunt's house. With Nephewleenie photo-bombing. See? Healthy.

#17 of 18 Old 05-29-2013, 06:51 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Given: 6

Hi all - we got some bok choy in our first CSA shipment last week, and today I tested out a sichuan fried bok choy with red chilies recipe I found online.  Pretty darn tasty stuff.

Also got out for a walk with Bard after we had our dinner.  I went out and tested the knee with some informal and random fartleks out and back - the knee seems okay, but I can tell I haven't done a helluva' lot of activity since Glass City a month ago or so.  I'll see how the knee feels tomorrow and maybe head out for another run/walk tomorrow if everything's okay.

Congrats on the PR Brandy - you continue to roll along with your running.

Hope all is well with everyone, and I'll see you all tomorrow Thursday

How to run a marathon: Step 1: You start running. There is no Step 2
- Joe
My Newest Blog
#18 of 18 Old 05-29-2013, 07:02 PM
Addicted Member

MMmmmmm. Bok Choy.... My mom used to grow that in her garden. snorting.gif

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page