Likes Given: 0

wassup?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 18 Old 05-13-2013, 08:22 AM

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 5

Morning peeps!

boB, I cleaned up all the spam posts from the weekend, and blocked the user.  We shouldn't have any more from him...there will be others, I'm sure tho.

Also, congrats on #26! 

Melis, I'm so proud of you for getting out there and walking (and thank you.)  I know the last 18+ months have been really hard. 

Who else raced?  Heather?  Congrats to all who did!

I had a really nice relaxing weekend!  for a change!  the show opened on Fri night and while I had to be there both Fri and Sat nights, I had my days to myself.  Had lunch with friends, got a pedi, cleaned out my medicine cabinets and vacuumed, WENT FOR A RUN (with Killer), made some food, practiced guitar (for the first time in weeks), watched a movie.  All good.

I will say, I was wished a happy mother's day by a store clerk on Sat, and I was a little taken aback.  I'm neither a mother, nor do I have one anymore...it sort of struck me. 

Next month is going to be hard anyway.  2nd anniversary of my mom's death, and Dex-H is getting remarried.  I'm in a pretty good place in my life, but that doesn't mean some things don't bubble up about where I'd like to be at some point in the future. 

((((((hugs))))))) to you all!

"And all our fears were in vain, a dream, just like the Lord said."
- Jack Kerouac, Desolation Angels

Yeah, I have a blog....
#3 of 18 Old 05-13-2013, 08:27 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 43
Likes Given: 3

Hello all.  My race was really fun, but pretty poorly organized.  It took forever to get started (they did waves) and when we did get to move up, the crowd was crazy.  I actually had to stiff arm people and tell them not to crush my kids.  WTF.  Also, I knew this was a fun run (and not timed) but I was surprised that at least 90% of the participants were walking.  So it made it really hard to even jog.  

The good news is that we had a lot of fun together.  I don't think I'd want to do it again, but James LOVED it, so we probably will.  :)

485444_10200821295313281_650120469_n.jpg

#4 of 18 Old 05-13-2013, 08:41 AM

Here's some pix from the show (not many and we're all frustrated...there's been almost no publicity for it.  Our audience was only about 30% on Sat.)

http://waltham.patch.com/events/hovey-players-present-enchanted-april#photo-14312846

Yeah, I have a blog....
#5 of 18 Old 05-13-2013, 08:56 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Moe View Post

I'm in a pretty good place in my life, but that doesn't mean some things don't bubble up about where I'd like to be at some point in the future. 

(((Moe)))  I had a moment like that a few weeks ago.  My closest girlfriends all got together for the first time in more than 2 years.  One of them had a baby (her first after years of trying) in August, and this was the first time I'd met him.  While I was holding him, our other friend gave me such a compassionate, empathetic look that I nearly lost it.  It's one of those situations where I'm so thrilled for my friends -- their kids are all so cute and sweet and wonderful -- but I can't help but think, "Why not me?"  I will never understand that.  Oh well.  And for those who never got the update, I gave up even thinking about it several months ago.  It's just not happening for me/us in any shape or form.  Life goes on.  I'll be the best pet mom in the world, and that has to be enough.

Anyway.  Onto happier topics.

Cute pic, RIL!  And your legs look awesome.  :) 

My tri training starts THIS WEEK.  It has to...  my first race is 5 weeks from yesterday!

#6 of 18 Old 05-13-2013, 09:20 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 43
Likes Given: 3

((((Moe))))

(((Theia))))

#7 of 18 Old 05-13-2013, 09:38 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninlaw View Post

((((Moe))))

(((Theia))))

What she said.

I am probably an anomaly, but I am not a fan of Mother's Day at all and I have my mom.  It's just so forced that day...ugh.   I agonize over Mother's Day cards because I don't have the best relationship with my mother.  We aren't best friends and I struggle to find a card that balances between a card that is over the top flowery and the one you might give a stranger.  They never feel right.  I love her and she is a great grandmother, but she wasn't very motherly.  I was berated as a teenager for not doing enough for her on Mother's Day.  I always felt like the adult in our relationship - my job was to take care of her, not the other way around. The holiday always makes me feel like a terrible person for feeling this way.  sad.gif

No hugs needed, I just wanted you both to know that I get it, albeit for a different reason.

#8 of 18 Old 05-13-2013, 10:04 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76

I'm OK, really.   I have both of my parents, my wonderful brother, a guy who adores me, amazing friends and family, my pets, my job, my health.  I'm OK.  No hugs needed here either, although I'll always gladly accept them.   :)  Moe's comment just reminded me of that moment at my friend's house and the knowledge that while I have so much, there are sometimes some little reminders that things aren't what I thought they would be. 

Last night when I got home after being away for 3 days, GoV and all four pets ran to the door to greet me.  I mean, it doesn't get much better than that.  :)

(((NCRG)))  Just 'cause. 

#9 of 18 Old 05-13-2013, 11:06 AM
Special Member

Likes Given: 27

Howdie

First things first:

craney= love the video, posted it on FB and congrats on walking the 5k, walking or running it doesn't matter, what matters is that you were there.

moon- glad the fall wasn't as bad as it could have been - i fell down half a flight of stairs in December at a clients when my heel got stuck in my pant cuff...falling at our age sucks!
kp - congrats on the PR
bob- congrats on #26 
Kath- love the onesie
(((moe)))- glad you and Killer got out for a run!
RIL - glad the kids had fun at the fun run - I did a turkey trot that was similar in walkers, organization, etc and I know it can be frustrating
(((theia))) and I miss you...thought anymore about the RW half...hint hint...
(((NCRG))) know you said not to but I did so there

My weekend was pretty good...still sick but that isn't stopping me.  On Saturday, I had to do bloodwork for my thyroid for a doctor's appt today so I figured since I was going to be in town I would get my run in on the trail.  Avery decided to join on her bike and what was supposed to be 30 minutes turned out to be an hour with 4 miles of intervals...when she wanted to ride, I ran, when she wanted to walk, I HAD to walk (she wouldn't let me run, lol) and we did 3 races (me running her riding), she won 2 and I won 1.  All in all it was a great workout for both of us.  I then dropped her off at the barn to prepare for her horse show on Sunday and went home and did yardwork for a couple of hours then went to a Tastefully Simple party at my neighbors.  Sunday was an early wakeup as Avery, her trainer and the other riders had to leave for the horse show at 6am.  I dropped her off then snuck another hour of sleep in before joining them.  It was a beautiful day but very windy and long, we didn't get out of there until 5:30.  She did great for her first show of the season so it was a successful day.

This morning went to the doctors then hit the trail again and got in a chilly 3.5 miles.  Can't wait for my cold to clear up so I can push myself a little, especially if I plan to start training for a half in June.  I'm thinking of the Runner's World Half that is in Bethlehem, PA (the start is 7 miles from my house).  If Hartford is the meet up it's the weekend before so I would probably just cheer there.  I am nervous to commit to something but it's a really pretty course and might motivate me to keep going.
#10 of 18 Old 05-13-2013, 11:10 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1

Congrats to KP, RIL and Crane on their races this weekend! 

Hugs to those of you here who need 'em...

It was great to hang out for a while with GoV this weekend.  It's too bad we missed Thiea

So my official time for yesterday is 4:18:18.  That's after a 2:00:16 at the half.  So the second half was not pretty.  I actually feel more beat up today than I usually do after a marathon.  Not terrible, but just a bit owie.  Oh well, whatever.  I got another marathon a little over a month from now, so we'll see if that one goes any better... 

I'll get a write-up posted before too long, I hope... 

#11 of 18 Old 05-13-2013, 11:13 AM

this is how I spent my lunch...spring fling picnic on campus.  The stilts guy was creeeeeeepy but my coworker insisted on a pic.  Heh.

Yeah, I have a blog....
#12 of 18 Old 05-13-2013, 11:18 AM
KP
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11

afternoon gang...

thanks for the congrats...but according to the official results I didn't run!  Can't find me searching by name or bib number.  Not sure what happened.  No biggie though - got my medal, etc and my garmin time is good enough for me.

only other exciting thing this weekend was a great meal/catching up with Duckie.

It's not about goal setting, it is about goal achievement.  Anyone can set goals, few are willing to do what it takes to actually achieve them.    Vern Gambetta
My Blog I My Running Log 
#13 of 18 Old 05-13-2013, 11:43 AM
Ron
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 22

Morning 30's.  I got in a tired 3.53 and did weights.  It was a good workout and I feel good now.  I might workout a little more again later.  It is so hot here.  I just want to lay on a block of ice.

((((NCRG)))) not for sympathy just because a hug feels good.

((((MOE)))) good job on the run and the stilts are a little creepy.

RIL I love the hair

((((Theia)))) because you are the best you can be.

SR good job on the runs.

Bob nice job on checking off another state

KP you did it that is all that matters

#14 of 18 Old 05-13-2013, 02:14 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1

By the way, the marathon in Delaware was a reunion race for the 50 State club.  So I got to meet a while bunch of fellow 50 Staters.  I don't know the exact number, but there were over 100 people in the 50 State club there.  There were only about 600 Full Marathoners, so the 50 Staters made up 1/6 of the group.  Wow...

I joke about going for "quantity over quality" in that I'm trying to run as many marathons as I can without worrying about PRs.  But some of these people REALLY take that seriously.  Of those of us who met up and introduced ourselves to the group, me and my 26 marathons were definitely near the low end.  I was also near the low end in age.  A lot of the 50 Staters that I saw on the course took advantage of the 1-hour-early start for walkers, which meant I passed them at some point.  So these folks were certainly not going for a speedy time.  But they were adding to their marathon total nonetheless. 

A couple dozen people who introduced themselves had already completed over 100 marathons.  One guy was going for his 1,050th.  Yeah, over a thousand marathons!  One guy finished his 50 states yesterday.  He started about 5 years ago (whereas I started 8 years ago).  And ohbytheway, this guy lives in Germany!  I can't imagine how much he's spent on travel over the last 5 years... 

I only do 3 or 4 (maybe 5) marathons in a year, and I gripe about how the cost adds up.  Some of these people are doing 20, 30, 50 per year!  (Or more!)  I'm thinking I need to start getting chummy with more of these people so that I could have some people to call up if I ever need a loan.  biggrin.gif

The group does one of these reunions every quarter.  The next one is in Missoula MT, which of course I ran last summer, so I won't be there this year.  But the one after that will be in Hartford.  So not only will I get to see you guys there, but I'll get to see a bunch of these people again.  And in keeping with the "quantity over quality" theme, one of the hot topics was that Hartford is on a Saturday and Newport RI is the following day, so a lot of these people are planning on running both to get in two marathons with one plane trip.  Amazing... 

#15 of 18 Old 05-13-2013, 03:20 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 23
Likes Given: 14

Evenin'.

Haven't run in about 3 weeks.  I need to change that now that my legs/hips are mostly recovered from my show week.  I am thinking it may be time to start getting out of bed when Moonie does and get a little run in the morning since it isn't getting any easier to do it after work.  Plus while the past few days have been nice and cool, it is going to climb into the 80's and 90's in the next few days and linger there awhile.

Work stuff is still stressing me out but hopefully soon I'll know what is in my future.  We are going through a re-org and all my friends are being scattered to the winds. sad.gif  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Moe View Post

Here's some pix from the show (not many and we're all frustrated...there's been almost no publicity for it.  Our audience was only about 30% on Sat.)

http://waltham.patch.com/events/hovey-players-present-enchanted-april#photo-14312846

So which actress was the difficult one?

Kris
#16 of 18 Old 05-13-2013, 03:27 PM

She's only in one pic, seated, wearing a dark printed robe and teal silk slip.  I actually made the robe for her, because I really wanted her in something distinctive.m It's hard to tell from her sitting but it's a very period shape, a "cocoon" coat.  Here's another pic, not a ton better, but something.

Yeah, I have a blog....
#17 of 18 Old 05-13-2013, 05:10 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 6

Hi all - first off, a big hearty congrats to all our racer types (kp, boB, Mindi and Craney) this weekend! 

Well, my knee is still pretty swollen from my fall on Friday, but at least that's not painful except when I kneel or bang on the thing.  The swelling on my big toe is going down but it's hard to tell whether I damaged it further than it already had been (because of the micro-break on the top of the proximal (second) big toe bone, it doesn't bend all that well anymore.)  Bottom line is I'll just have to chill my jets for a few more days before getting into a workout routine again, which kinda' sucks but oh well.

Did a lot of cooking (baked up some biscotti, while Bard cooked up some tasty veggie lasagna and an easy-peasy crockpot salsa chicken) the past couple days - got a baked oatmeal (both one of our new favorite breakfast items) cooling down on the stovetop.

Hugs to you (((Maureen)))  I do like how summery that dress you have on in the picture, and I'm glad your weekend was relaxing

KP - glad you and Duckie got to meet up over the weekend. 

Heather - so good to see you getting out there again pounding the pavement, run or walk.

boB - I think I'm aiming to be more like you; more quality over quantity.   Even if I hit the lottery, I couldn't imagine trying to do 1,000 marathons in my lifetime.  And I'm glad you got to hang out with GoV over the weekend.

Anyway, hoping you all have good weeks in store and may you all have a restful night tonight

How to run a marathon: Step 1: You start running. There is no Step 2
- Joe
My Newest Blog
#18 of 18 Old 05-13-2013, 05:49 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19

How about a grope?

{{{{{{Theia}}}}}} {{{{{Maureen}}}}}  {{{{{{NCRG}}}}}

I just had dinner with Duck. biggrin.gif

sauconRunner likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version