2013 Fall 30's Meet-up... Where? - Page 2 - KickRunners.com
View Poll Results: Where would you like to have a 30s meet-up this fall?
Hartford is the only one I can do. 3 17.65%
Columbus is the only one I can do. 1 5.88%
Grand Rapids is the only one I can do. 0 0%
Hartford is my preference, but I'd consider others. 2 11.76%
Columbus is my preference, but I'd consider others. 2 11.76%
Grand Rapids is my preference, but I'd consider others. 3 17.65%
They're all good; I'll go anywhere to hang with the 30s. 5 29.41%
I can't make it to any of them, but I wish I could. 1 5.88%
I can't make it to any of them, and that's fine with me because I don't want to see any of you people. 0 0%
Those places all suck. I'll offer up a better idea now, even though I had plenty of time to do that before now. 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

#26 of 27 Old 05-03-2013, 08:41 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4

i'm also thrilled we're meeting up at hartford. its about a 90 min drive from our place -  i would be happy to host 1 or 2 people at our place as long as you don't mind crashing on the couch. i remember coachT mentioning that he was willing to help out a bit with logistics in terms of travel and lodging so i plan on emailing him to see if hes still up to doing that which would be ideal since hes so familiar with the area.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#27 of 27 Old 05-08-2013, 11:35 AM

Likes Earned: 12
Likes Given: 0
Hey all -

Glad to be helping out with the travel arrangements for this meet-up. I'm out of the office on business for most of this week, but I thought that I'd stop in to let you know about the hotel situation. The link below lists the hotels associated with the marathon. The first two, the Holiday Inn and Homewood Suites, are literally across the street from the starting/finish lines and the Hilton is only a five minute walk away. There are a limited rooms being offered at the marathon rate at the Holiday Inn and Homewood Suites (around $160-190/night) so if you want those rooms then I'd get on them ASAP. The Hilton looks like they have a lot of rooms at the marathon rate ($180/night) so if you don't mind a short walk, then you should be fine. Don't believe some of the walking times listed in the link, there are several where it's a longer walk than is advertised. Also, these are pretty middle of the road accomodations but, if you are looking for something that is a bit higher end or more affordable, please let me know and I can give you some additional suggestions. You will have to travel a bit further if you are looking for higher/lower priced rooms.

http://www.ctmeetings-housing.org/events.php?id=65

With respect to restuarants, can the group let me know what type of restaurant you are looking for (Italian?) and what price point? Also, whether you'd like to stay in downtown Hartford or head out to the suburbs? Both options have a lot of great restaurants - it's a matter of whether you want to walk or drive.

I'll also look at entertainment options but if there's something particular that you'd like to do please let me know.

I hope to see as many of you there as possible.

Trevor

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page