terrific tuesday - KickRunners.com

#1 of 37 Old 05-22-2012, 04:23 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
woot! today is my friday.

kath, hope the waiting isn't for too long!
fer, come out and play smile.gif 4 yrs ago, dh wasn't ready for a kid either so we ended up w/ bella. then, obvi he got on board and we had AK. i ultimately want two babies and two dogs and i usually get what i want. lmao. it's just a matter of time...

long day ahead - i won't be home til close to 11 so I plan on eating through my day.what sort of fun is in store for your day?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 37 Old 05-22-2012, 04:55 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 43
Likes Given: 3

Morning Missy!

Hi Fer!

Love the puppy pics!

#3 of 37 Old 05-22-2012, 05:04 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
Likes Given: 1
Morning all. Yesterday was too hectic to post, but I was reading up on all you alls wink.gif

I ended up running between 5 and 6 miles over the weekend in two short runs. I tried to go to spin yesterday but the gym wasn't open. J and I ended up at ihop for breakfast instead! I'm scheduled to work out with the trainer at lunch today. Need to get some more miles in soon to prepare for the hog jog too.

More congrats to the weekend runners and racers! And lucky jobbyjob vibes and more healing to the sick and injured. ((30s))

And happy birthday boB!

My kid at bat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESceLfZcF2A
Timr1 likes this.

Don't believe everything you think

#4 of 37 Old 05-22-2012, 05:07 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 7

G'morning Missybabe and RiL!

Fer - yes, please... don't be a stranger.  If you've been lurking, you now know that we don't bite, and even if we do - we've all had our proper shots, so it's all good!

I am pleased that my quads will now allow me to sit down or stand up without assistance.  There might still be a tiny bit of swearing involved, but it's minimal, at least

I'll probably get 3-5M on the hamster wheel this evening.

Anyone else watch the last episode of House?  No spoilers, of course. I did think the show was a bit odd for a while, but as far as a show finale, I liked the way it ended up. 

#5 of 37 Old 05-22-2012, 05:18 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 20

Morning Ran just over 2 miles last. The first quarter was brutal but after that, it just felt awesome. I really really really wanted to go longer but I am trying to listen to coach and not jump back in too fast. I'll only be doing 3 tonight.

I watched House (love that show and Mr. Laurie) - it was a bit odd. While I liked the ending, I sort of feel that the alternative would have been more fitting.

#6 of 37 Old 05-22-2012, 06:19 AM
Special Member

I haven't watched House for a couple of seasons. I used to love it early on, even though it was incredibly unrealistic (doctors breaking into people's houses, really?!).  But then it just got way to weird and out there for me.  I understand it was supposed to be part of House's addiction, but it really lost allure to me.  It was all just crazy stuff and House acting like an @rse all the time.  Has that changed at all?

My legs are feeling infinitely better.  I am hoping to go for a short run tonight.  Hoping it isn't crazy hot again this weekend for the Madison Marathon as I know a lot of people running it.  

QOD:  Any fun plans / races scheduled for the upcoming holiday weekend?

#7 of 37 Old 05-22-2012, 06:23 AM
Special Member

QOD: no racing for me but I will be cheering for our teammates at a local 5k on Monday.  It is a supah fast one too (USAFT). Normally there are 100+ under 1830..jeesh

We also are going out for dinner, going to a baseball game & a wedding.  The wedding is of two of our running buddies.  He just ran a 240 something at GB and she won the half. Man, if they have kids....watch out

and Yes, House is basically the same thing over and over again but I do love to watch that man be an arse.  I just cannot help myself

#8 of 37 Old 05-22-2012, 06:28 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49

Hi y'all.  Welcome to the thread, Fer.

Fort hose who missed it, I posted a link to my Race Report from Wisconsin yesterday.  I don't know if anyone has seen it yet...

I've been feeling a little creaky the last couple days, certainly due to the three hilly races in three weekends.  Yesterday I just did a short, slow run. Today might be something similar.  But I guess I can't take too much down time with another marathon in 6.5 weeks... 

#9 of 37 Old 05-22-2012, 06:30 AM
Addicted Member

QOD:  No racing for me this weekend.  Like I said, I've raced three wekeends in a row, so I definitely need a break. 

I've never seen an episode of House. 

#10 of 37 Old 05-22-2012, 06:36 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76

Hello hello.  Boo for creaky parts.  Yay for de-lurking spouses.

Is it Bob's bday???  If so, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I picked my races and drew up my training schedule yesterday.  Today is Day One.  So what did I do? 

I turned off my alarm and skipped my workout in favor of 45 minutes of sleep. 

I suck.

#11 of 37 Old 05-22-2012, 06:38 AM
Special Member

Alexis - sleep is very important in training :) you do not suck

Great race report Bob! I cannot imagine running that many marathons so close together. It was nice that your daughter could join you for the finish..you won't get that luxury at chicago :)

And happy birthday too I guess? !

#12 of 37 Old 05-22-2012, 06:53 AM
Special Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOB!  occasion13.gifoccasion14.gifoccasion1.gif

#13 of 37 Old 05-22-2012, 06:57 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 14
Likes Given: 20

boB - Happy Birthday!!!!  Great race report!

Brandy - congrats again on a great race! 

DD - and I went for a short 2 mile trail run last night.  She's been complaining of a sore calf muscle.  I think she'll be OK.  She has summer cross country workout tonight. I'll just run with them again.

QOD:  no races for me.  DS has baseball practice on Friday, Sat and MOnday. 

Oh and Theia - I'm a big fan of sleep! 

#14 of 37 Old 05-22-2012, 07:33 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 2

Happy Birthday boB!!!  

QOD - not a whole lot planned for the weekend although I may be heading back to STL at the tail end of it to be around for tiling the new bathroom (yay!!); we'll also have guests in town for the two weekends following this one so some prep/down time will be nice

#15 of 37 Old 05-22-2012, 07:36 AM

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 5

howdy peeps.

Happy Birthday boB!

QOD:  I'm going to Toronto for the weekend!  Gonna visit with some friends.  We're going here for dinner on Sunday...OMG.  I'm just going to order one of everything.

Fort Hose of you who are FB friends of mine...there's a vid of my band from Sun night.  As I mentioned...we are crazy ass crazy.  So...just bear that in mind.  This isn't want I expected we'd be doing, but whatever. It was fun and playing guitar on stage for an audience for the first time was a HUGE rush.  Next time, I'm hoping I'll be playing something a little more...melodic. ;)

"And all our fears were in vain, a dream, just like the Lord said."
- Jack Kerouac, Desolation Angels

Yeah, I have a blog....
#16 of 37 Old 05-22-2012, 07:38 AM

oh, I never told you guys. I didn't get the house.  We went back and forth 5 times and then came to a stand still...they want $10K more than I want to spend.   I left my offer on the table if they change their minds.  I suspect they might...the house has been on the market for a month, and I am the only one who's made an offer.  Apparently someone has been interested, but I don't think they offered to buy it.  So we'll see.

Yeah, I have a blog....
#17 of 37 Old 05-22-2012, 07:56 AM

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by katholeenie View Post

UG. I hate waiting.

I have one place where I went through two phone interviews, and then several interviews in their office (was there 6 hours), and they are still debating about me.  The onsite interview was April 13.....  Hope you hear something soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmoonptdeux View Post

At least Kris will be here for the holiday weekend to spend some time toodling around the Dallas area.

Hope you kids have a fun weekend!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandy View Post

Alexis - sleep is very important in training :) you do not suck

1!

And I am now having issues sleeping.  Did not fall asleep until after 1 the last two nights.  I know that is paltry compared to you (Alexis), but ooooof. 

Brandy - how are you recovering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Moe View Post

oh, I never told you guys. I didn't get the house.  We went back and forth 5 times and then came to a stand still...they want $10K more than I want to spend.   I left my offer on the table if they change their minds.  I suspect they might...the house has been on the market for a month, and I am the only one who's made an offer.  Apparently someone has been interested, but I don't think they offered to buy it.  So we'll see.

Sorry about the house, but very cool on the weekend.

Stick around Fer - we don't bite.

Humid 3.5 this morning.  Been able to run a consistent 3.5 every other day for several weeks now, may be time to start upping the milage.

Off to do some planting.  Kids are getting some free classes at a local performing arts school (super cool place, run by a Tony award winner and his Tony nominated wife) because of my lack of employment.  In return, I am doing some landscaping for them, helping out with their website, etc.

#18 of 37 Old 05-22-2012, 08:04 AM
Addicted Member

Thanks for the Birthday wishes, guys.  Not a very exciting day, since I'm at work.  Oh well, whatever. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litchfield Hills View Post

Stick around Fer - we don't bite.

Someone needs to add the obligitory "unless you want us to" comment... 

Btw, I started thinking about Fall races.  I have Missoula in July, but no marathons scheduled after that.  I suppose I'll be looking for something between, say, late September and late November.  Obviously in a state I haven't done yet.  (See my map).  Anyone have any suggestions? 

#19 of 37 Old 05-22-2012, 08:07 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 7

Theia - ever see the original NCIS series?  If so, you'll understand when I do a Gibbs /headslap on you.  Love ya chica, but you are not allowed to say that you suck.  End of story.  Anyway, as a fellow never-ever-gets-a-good-night's-sleep person, sometimes that extra rest is what makes the difference between enjoying the day and barely surviving it. 

Happy Brrf-day Bobster! 

Qod:  Nothing big planned.  Just some running.  A neighbor has a birthday party that I'll visit for a few hours.  Housework/yardwork, a deep tissue massage Monday afternoon and maybe trying my grilling skills again that evening.  :)

Grr. how is it ONLY 11:10 in the morning?! Feels like it should be 12:30 at least.

#20 of 37 Old 05-22-2012, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBob View Post

Thanks for the Birthday wishes, guys.  Not a very exciting day, since I'm at work.  Oh well, whatever. 

Someone needs to add the obligitory "unless you want us to" comment... 

Btw, I started thinking about Fall races.  I have Missoula in July, but no marathons scheduled after that.  I suppose I'll be looking for something between, say, late September and late November.  Obviously in a state I haven't done yet.  (See my map).  Anyone have any suggestions? 

New Hampshire?  http://www.hamptonrockfest.com/

Yeah, I have a blog....
#21 of 37 Old 05-22-2012, 08:20 AM
Special Member

Bob - what about Des Moines IA  - late October.

there are some hills 3-8 (big ones) but overall the course is nice

#22 of 37 Old 05-22-2012, 08:21 AM
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailarie View Post

Grr. how is it ONLY 11:10 in the morning?! Feels like it should be 12:30 at least.

No kidding.  But it is only 10:20 here!

#23 of 37 Old 05-22-2012, 08:22 AM
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy View Post

Bob - what about Des Moines IA  - late October.

there are some hills 3-8 (big ones) but overall the course is nice

Hmmmm, I don't recall Des Moines being hilly at all.  There were a couple little bumps in the first half, but it was really flat when I ran it.  Did they change the course?

#24 of 37 Old 05-22-2012, 08:27 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19

Happy Birthday Bob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninlaw View Post

I haven't watched House for a couple of seasons. I used to love it early on, even though it was incredibly unrealistic (doctors breaking into people's houses, really?!).  But then it just got way to weird and out there for me.  I understand it was supposed to be part of House's addiction, but it really lost allure to me.  It was all just crazy stuff and House acting like an @rse all the time.  Has that changed at all?

Me too. All of that. I loved House, and then it got weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litchfield Hills View Post

I have one place where I went through two phone interviews, and then several interviews in their office (was there 6 hours), and they are still debating about me.  The onsite interview was April 13.....  Hope you hear something soon.

WTF?

Yesterday the hr guy said they were accepting aps till end of the month, but I got an email from my contact (who used to be director of hr at the potential employer, and knows people in hr currently) and she said they were bringing in the top 5 yesterday. So WOOHOO! I'm top 5, but I don't understand why if they like 5 of us well enough to bring us in, they would extend the application deadline.

5 miles done this morning, 4 minutes faster than I would have expected it to be. I guess lower humidity will do that. And then 2.5 miles (walking) with O. OH! I tried out my new skort. RunningSkirts had a 50% off sale Friday - of course only the weird colors - and it came yesterday, so I tried it today. As O and I were walking past the golf course, I couldn't help thinking I should be golfing in it instead of running or walking, especially after seeing the wimmins out on the putting green in their colorful gear with the golf pro

as-black_paisley_1.jpg

At least I'll be easy to spot in a crowd in a race! lol.gif

#25 of 37 Old 05-22-2012, 08:35 AM
Special Member

I cannot get quoting to work.

they might have changed the course.  I found 3-8 a little more than just bumpy.  Maybe it was 8.5.  I wouldn't say they were killer but they were aggressive.

http://www.runningahead.com/logs/7fc5917f2cb94b5b91a26557d6c2e584/workouts/a9ea15f9f3db49f0a6453225b2c01ba4/map

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page