Thankgoodness it's Thursday 09/22/2011 - Page 2 - KickRunners.com

#26 of 87 Old 09-22-2011, 07:14 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 7

Qod:  neopolitan.  It's a basic favorite that I've loved since childhood. A basic strawberry is a good back-up choice, though.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#27 of 87 Old 09-22-2011, 07:16 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 12
Likes Given: 4

QOD:  Anything but coffee or rum raisin.  puke.gif  Best ice cream brand, imo, is Blue Bell.  At almost $7 a half gallon, it's a real luxury on my grad school budget, though.  I *have* found a flavor of Publix Premium store brand (Bear Claw), which is super-dark chocolate ice cream, chocolate covered cashews, and a caramel ribbon.  It is currently ensconced in my freezer.  biggrin.gif

drool. 

Ice cream is God's way of making up for the designated hitter and Astroturf. 

"The difference between a jogger and a runner is an entry blank."  ~ George Sheehan

#28 of 87 Old 09-22-2011, 07:21 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 0

QOD - anything with caramel and nuts.  It's sweet, salty and nutty...just like me.  biggrin.gif

sauconRunner likes this.

#29 of 87 Old 09-22-2011, 07:24 AM

Likes Given: 5

QOD:  I nearly always get one of the following:  coconut almond chip, cherry chocolate chip, pistachio or grapenut.  My one of my favorites is at JP Licks and it's a special:  El Diablo.  Mexican chocolate ice cream with a bit of cayenne thrown in.  YUM.

Missy and Theia:  the heels actually HELPED my back, it was the flats that were making it worse!

"And all our fears were in vain, a dream, just like the Lord said."
- Jack Kerouac, Desolation Angels

Yeah, I have a blog....
#30 of 87 Old 09-22-2011, 07:24 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 14
Likes Given: 20

QOD:  That's an easy one.  I'm a chocolate lover and our local ice cream place Brewsters has an ice cream called Chocolate Trash.  It's my favorite, kind of like Rocky Road on steroids.  It has all kind of chocolate stuff in chocolate ice cream.  It's the best.  It's got chocolate chips, and chocolate covered peanuts, and chunks of dark chocolate in it. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy1102 View Post

re: NYCM plans, when are you planning on getting in, tim and colleen? what are your plans that weekend, maria? if you want, i can meet up after work on friday night for dinner, then sat AK and i can join you all either expo festivities or sightseeing/ running around town. any other set plans?

We're on the first flight out of Bham to LaGuardia on Friday morning.  Our flight is direct and I think we land sometime before 10:00am.  There's at least two other couples from Bham who are doing the race on that same plane.  We'll probably split a ride into the city.  We're staying at the Courtyard South Times Square on 38th street.  No real plans for Friday of any sort, other than go to the expo and go out to dinner, but we can play that by ear.  For Saturday, Sue and I may want to stop by the bar where the NYC chapter of the Alabama Alumni association meets to watch games.  We have a big game that day, with Bama vs LSU.  We're on an evening flight on Monday.  DW is a big Today show fan so we may go down there on Monday morning. 

#31 of 87 Old 09-22-2011, 07:30 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 20
Likes Given: 1

HA!  don't forget Ke$sha

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemerryman View Post

Ice cream is God's way of making up for the designated hitter and Astroturf. 

#32 of 87 Old 09-22-2011, 07:34 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0

Hey 30s.

Hope everyone is doing well.

qod - There's this little place in Fairbanks, AK named "Hot Licks" that has a flavor named Prudhoe (named after the oil field in northern Alaska.)  From their menu:

"Prudhoe - Nothing Alaska about this one but the name. Prudhoe is a double strength chocolate containing twice as much chocolate as chocolate ice cream."  They used to make it with large chunks of dark chocolate and fudge ripple mixed into it.    If Alaska isn't enough of a reason to visit, their menu will be! http://www.hotlicks.net/flavors.html

Have a good day all.

#33 of 87 Old 09-22-2011, 07:49 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 2

Morning all!  Excited to go see Wilco playing in Central Park tonight, might be muggy and/or a little rainy but they'll plan on through.  And I always love being able to walk to and back home from a concert. 

Extra strong vibes out to Kevin & Tonya today, hugs too!

Conga-rats Craney!!   And I agree w/Brandy & Mindi, coach likes to have me run a 5K the week before my goal race (normally a marathon)

Wippy – was the wall in the basement?  Hard core!

Missy – I adore your new avatar!!

boB – your race pics never fail to make me laugh, thanks for that ;)

(((Kath)))

NYCM – I’m around all weekend and have no plans, would love to meet up for dinner on Friday and/or Saturday and do the expo, of course!   Missy, I wonder if AK will want to run in the kiddo races they have in CP on Sat?   They have a huge variety of ages running.

QOD – I’m with Shannon on the salty, salted caramel is a favorite!   As a child (and still now to a lesser extent) I didn’t really do ice cream, it was just there but not my go to dessert, so I’d often go with Daiquiri Ice from Baskin Robbins… yum!!!   I also like ice cream with chunks of stuff in it, so a standard vanilla but chunks of cookie dough or peanut butter, etc.

#34 of 87 Old 09-22-2011, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy View Post

HA!  don't forget Ke$sha

or raisins.

Yeah, I have a blog....
#35 of 87 Old 09-22-2011, 07:56 AM
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Moe View Post

or raisins.

Ok, so call me clueless but I don't understand what Ke$sha or raisins have to do with the designated hitter and Astroturf, unless they both also suck.  confused.gif

Although I like raisins.....  smile.gif

"The difference between a jogger and a runner is an entry blank."  ~ George Sheehan

#36 of 87 Old 09-22-2011, 07:56 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 43
Likes Given: 3

Listening to a little Lenny Kravitz....

QOD:  Chocolate chip cookie dough.  I love oreo too though.  My favorite is TCBY (yogurt) - mmm, white chocolate mousse with pistachio mixed.  Truth be told, I don't eat ice cream very often though.  Although when I was pregnant with DS1, I ate ice cream every.single.day.  No wonder he loves the stuff. 

#37 of 87 Old 09-22-2011, 07:58 AM
Special Member

Oh, Wikipedia....thank you for 'splaining Ke$ha to me.

Quote:

Ok, so call me clueless but I don't understand what Ke$sha or raisins have to do with the designated hitter and Astroturf, unless they both also suck.  confused.gif

#38 of 87 Old 09-22-2011, 08:00 AM
Special Member

Yes, Ke$sha sucks.  just so bad on all levels...she is a punishment for something. I'll ask Michelle Bachmann what it is for.

I like raisins too

Quote:

#39 of 87 Old 09-22-2011, 08:01 AM
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningINnyc View Post

Morning all!  Excited to go see Wilco playing in Central Park tonight, might be muggy and/or a little rainy but they'll plan on through.  And I always love being able to walk to and back home from a concert. 

Extra strong vibes out to Kevin & Tonya today, hugs too!

Conga-rats Craney!!   And I agree w/Brandy & Mindi, coach likes to have me run a 5K the week before my goal race (normally a marathon)

Wippy – was the wall in the basement?  Hard core!

Missy – I adore your new avatar!!

boB – your race pics never fail to make me laugh, thanks for that ;)

(((Kath)))

NYCM – I’m around all weekend and have no plans, would love to meet up for dinner on Friday and/or Saturday and do the expo, of course!   Missy, I wonder if AK will want to run in the kiddo races they have in CP on Sat?   They have a huge variety of ages running.

QOD – I’m with Shannon on the salty, salted caramel is a favorite!   As a child (and still now to a lesser extent) I didn’t really do ice cream, it was just there but not my go to dessert, so I’d often go with Daiquiri Ice from Baskin Robbins… yum!!!   I also like ice cream with chunks of stuff in it, so a standard vanilla but chunks of cookie dough or peanut butter, etc.

If they don't have Pralines and Cream, this is what I get at BR too! 

#40 of 87 Old 09-22-2011, 08:07 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy View Post

Yes, Ke$sha sucks.  just so bad on all levels...she is a punishment for something. I'll ask Michelle Bachmann what it is for.

I like raisins too

You people are crazy.  Raisins are the Devil's Fruit.  You can ask Michelle Bachmann about that too.

Yeah, I have a blog....
#41 of 87 Old 09-22-2011, 08:40 AM
Special Member

Raisins are like chewing on dead flies.../shudder

#42 of 87 Old 09-22-2011, 08:41 AM
Special Member

I have never eaten died flies - but I would imagine they would be crunchier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRG71 View Post

Raisins are like chewing on dead flies.../shudder

#43 of 87 Old 09-22-2011, 08:54 AM
Special Member

I'm thinking they would soften when baked into an oatmeal cookie.

But you know, if they were crunchier, I might actually like raisins.

#44 of 87 Old 09-22-2011, 09:12 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9

QOD:  Bing/Black Cherry are my go to ice cream flavors.  But I'm not too picky.

I am also a growing boy, so I have started to get determined to get serious about into a lunch time exercise routine.  Weights and stationary bike are probably my best bets at this point.

#45 of 87 Old 09-22-2011, 09:16 AM
Special Member

Dagnabbit...now I've started something!  I want icecream NOW!!!

NYCM plans:  We fly in around lunchtime on friday.  DH has his name in for Letterman tickets so we're hoping to catch that on friday evening, if we can.  Otherwise, we'll be up for supper somewhere, for sure!  Well, we'll be up for supper regardless...we gotta eat, right?  And the Expo on saturday at some point.  We fly out tuesday morning.  Oh, and we have passes to see the 9/11 memorial monday evening.

#46 of 87 Old 09-22-2011, 09:24 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28

I'm eating 9 oz of steamed broccoli and 3 oz of chicken and trying to pretend it's as good as ice cream...

sauconRunner likes this.

Don't believe everything you think
#47 of 87 Old 09-22-2011, 09:27 AM

Likes Earned: 16

I recently saw a recipe for Irish soda bread that called for soaking the raisins overnight in some Irish whisky.  Would that help.

I actually like the shriveled up little buggers.

Ice cream - we have a Brusters here too, and they have a dark chocolate\raspberry ice cream that is awesone.

sauconRunner likes this.
#48 of 87 Old 09-22-2011, 09:32 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 23
Likes Given: 14

Someone asked about my grandpa.  Mom gave a report yesterday.  He's doing better after prednisone and antibiotics, so he must have had some sort of infection.  He is using his cane to get around the house, but that is an upgrade from the walker he is using.  They are switching up his sleeping medication to see if that helps with the hallucinations he is having upon waking.  So, things are stabilizing, although overall he's slipped a notch physically from where he was previously.  Mentally still in good shape, which is good. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amichel View Post

I'm eating 9 oz of steamed broccoli and 3 oz of chicken and trying to pretend it's as good as ice cream...

heh, I just finished some leftover tuna casserole. 

QOD-  I love peppermint stick, so for stuff I'd buy at the store, that is still my favorite.  But for ice cream from a shop, it's places that have unusual flavors that capture my attention. Also, I love my homemade ice cream.  Next flavor will be peanut butter with chocolate flecks in it.

Kris
#49 of 87 Old 09-22-2011, 09:38 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 2

Kris - great news about grandpa!

#50 of 87 Old 09-22-2011, 09:45 AM
Special Member

That is good news!!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version