30's Monday Monday July 16th - KickRunners.com

#1 of 247 Old 07-16-2007, 08:03 AM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Hey Hey Hey..

Morning all.
Puppy walk in the books for the morning, headed for the showers, a mid-day workout planned, maybe 4 on the run and some core stuff.

Hope everyone's weekends were outstanding.

Lori - hoping your uncle continues to improve.

Looks like I may be in Philly in the next month or so..don't know if I"ll have time for a run, but maybe ... anyone ? anyone? Bueller?
(And LL, I'd love to, but dude, you're way way way too fast for me!)

No QOD from me, no Q's at all until I have some coffee.

Mandy, what's up with the J.O.B?

Totally Random, Theia - I thought of you this weekend when I caught Never Been Kissed on TNT - Drew Barrymore is forever correcting peoples bad grammar, can I call you Josie now? biggrin.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 247 Old 07-16-2007, 08:10 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76
Just popping in to inform those jealous of my 10-hour sleep that last night was back to normal... Went to bed after 11, read until I couldn't keep my eyes open, tossed and turned, had weird dreams, woke up two times to check the clock, and finally awoke for good 75 minutes before the alarm was due to go off. Bah.

Have a great week!! icon_salut.gif

P.S. Hi Jen! Love, Josie.
#3 of 247 Old 07-16-2007, 08:47 AM

good morning, good morning!!!

just have a moment, thought i'd pop in before it's too busy in here.

we have a delegate visiting from our main campus today. i doubt i'll be online much. lil sis is working hard at labor... i'll be visiting a new family member tonight!!!

no run today. i feel great after yesterday's run. back's in fine shape. i'm hoping to get in several small runs this week before the festival on saturday and the beach trip on sunday.

perhaps more later.

hallo, jen and theia! welcome, jill and high heat. melis, you always deliver, don't you? please, do post that in the dictionary thread. winter, that breaks my heart. loads of hugs to your guy. and to his roommate as well. tim, it's in my profile. biggrin.gif how's my favorite physician feeling today? was it shiraz? duckie, we went blueberry picking last weekend and got two pies out of the deal. i have enough for one more. mmmmmm. blueberries! taishan, we have missed you. it was nice to see you drop by.

happy trails. run strong be happy.

#4 of 247 Old 07-16-2007, 08:47 AM
Special Member

Morning, early risers!

I'm up waiting on my taxi to the airport...why do they come so early?!?

Jen - I caught that very same movie this weekend. Maybe it was the grammar (or more likely Michael Vartan), but there you go.

Finally caught Harry Potter last night - I enjoyed it very much, though was disappointed at some of the book items that were left out. But I'm never satisfied.

Managed to get 5 in yesterday, we'll see what I'm up for tonight (I hope Baltimore isn't too steamy).

Timr1 - you in town this week? Let me know if you're still up for some Chipotle or coffee.

Have a good day, all!

Oh, PS, Nettie posted an ankle question in the Side Line and I'm also having ankle pain (lots of limping ths morning) - if anyone has any thoughts on ankles, please check it out! I'm interested in what responses are (though her ankle issues sound more severe than mine)...

Don't hate yourself in the morning. Sleep til noon.
#5 of 247 Old 07-16-2007, 08:56 AM

Morning all.

We could probably have an insomnia QOD. As in, do you have it?

My shoulder is (probably) an AC joint tear. Thanks, kp. The bruise fits the description and the mechanism of injury is perfect. I hope that is the only thing. It is well torn, though. Going to get a sling today. Have no strength in right arm at all. Need a new car for a few weeks - don't think I can drive stick with this thing!

I will see what the actual ortho says, and not just wikipedia, though. surprised.gif
#6 of 247 Old 07-16-2007, 08:58 AM

Oh. Yeah.

QOD. No. Only when I've been overserved.
#7 of 247 Old 07-16-2007, 09:33 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 1
Morning everyone! Just wanted to pop in to say, it's unlikely I'll be around in full force as I have been, so I'll be catching up at night or in the morning and I'll you all catch up to my posts numbers. smile.gif
#8 of 247 Old 07-16-2007, 09:42 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 12
Likes Given: 4
Morning gang.

Posted last night...no run, but got in a little over 12 miles on my bike in the neighborhood before it got too cloudy and scary looking. Biking is much more about the quads than running, I'm discovering. Hopefully this will help strengthen my knees a little more??? And give me the ol' kick in the pants that I need to get back out there on a regular schedule. And, in honor of all the new-ish du and tri people I want to start posting that I did brick workouts, too. I think I will sound tough...but that might not be such a good thing. sad.gif Non-30's guys might be scared off...

Yay Craney!!! Loved your 30's synopsis last night...you gotta put that in the Dictionary. Just gotta...

Winter...continued good vibes to your little guy.

Welcome HighHeat. Me loves baseball...biggrin.gif

Doc...confused.gif ****. You are truly badass. I second you getting some cutie to be your nurse and...oh wait. You probably already have one of those...biggrin.gif

"The difference between a jogger and a runner is an entry blank."  ~ George Sheehan

#9 of 247 Old 07-16-2007, 09:45 AM
Special Member

Morning gang.

NYC Marathon training officially kicks off today with a 6 mile run planned for tonight.

Kinda of a quiet week, although DW is traveling Tuesday - Friday so it'll get crazy for me after today.

Jen
- Come on now, I can run at a slower pace too! We could at least get together for a beer. Let us Philly peeps know when you're coming.

QOD - Nope.

Have a great day everyone!
#10 of 247 Old 07-16-2007, 09:46 AM
Special Member

Oops...posted before I was actually through...(fast KR servers! teehee)

QOD: Insomnia? Probably not in the classic sense, but when I get upset (usually relationship related) I have a hard time staying asleep. Mind just is too full of thinking...it's not good. Otherwise I sleep really well. Guess that's the good part of being single.

"The difference between a jogger and a runner is an entry blank."  ~ George Sheehan

#11 of 247 Old 07-16-2007, 09:55 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Good morning, all. Woohoo!! Taking the day off of work! I'm gonna head out for a run pretty soon, and then Maggie and I have a ton of errands to get done. (She's also taking the day off). Maybe not the most fun way to spend a day off, but it's still better than being at work. biggrin.gif

LL reminds me... If his NYC training plan kicks off this week, then my Philly training should be kicking off two weeks from now. And I still haven't picked a training plan. I used the Beginner's plan on this page at RunnersWorld.com for my first two marathons, and then I used the Intermediate plan on that page for my next two. (The fifth marathon didn't really use a plan, I guess). So what do I do now? The Intermediate again? The Advanced? Something else? Hmm...

Happy Monday, everyone...
#12 of 247 Old 07-16-2007, 09:57 AM

I'm back from a weekend away in Bethesda, MD for a wedding. For anyone not familiar Bethesda is sort of a hybrid community... it kind of has a city feel, but it seems more like a suburb. It did have a nice "rails to trails" trail called the "Crescent Trail" and I managed to get 10 miles or so on it on Sunday.

I haven't caught up on the tread yet from the weekend.

Staci that's awesome news about your sister!!! Congratulations.
#13 of 247 Old 07-16-2007, 10:19 AM

Likes Earned: 11
Hey kiddos!

Thank you again for all the well wishes for my uncle. Yesterday wasn't a great day for him but he still seems to be on a bit of an upswing. This holding pattern is maddening but we are holding it together!!! Hey Pacer, I know you catch mor than you share of flack around here but your reply to me yesterday was just about the most perfect thing I could have read, I sincerely appreciate it!!!

So did the American Cancer Society Bike Tour yesterday. I rode across the Ben franklin Bridge. I do believe I held my breath the entire way!!!! I was freaked out (I am terrified of heights!!) but did it!!!! The ride itself was so much fun!!!! A couple of rough stretches where the road was awful and it was all in the sun and darn hot! Then the last 2 miles were an open flat stretch and there were lots of signs in memory of people and then one that said "Who are you riding for?" and I ran through the list in my mind. WOw, it was long! But I did realize that while I unfortunately know a lot of people who lost their battle, I do know lots of survivors! Their strength made my ride seems like nothing!!!!

LHills Tim sorry you are in a funk. I get in a funk every year at my mom's anniversary, it is the worst kind of teh suck possible! Think good thoughts today but give yourself persmission to be sad!!! Sending lots of hugs to yuo today!!!!

So um the picture of Myron from the other day, um yeah, good stuff!!!!!!!

Jen when will you be in Philly?! LL is too fast and I am too slow but I can drink beers with the best of 'em!!!!! Definately need to try to do dinner or drinks when you are here. It is ridiculous you have been on my "to meet" list for almost 3 years!!!!

QOD: Yep, definately not a good sleeper. Andit goes in cycles, I can go a month or 2 with a regular sleep pattern and then BOOM! I am up all night, barely stay awake during the day, it is awful. I have been to the doc for it many times, have Ambien and all that good stuff but sometimes I just have to deal with it and ride it out!

Ok, I am super long winded!!! Sorry!

Oh, welcome back Auntie Moe, wemissed you!!!
#14 of 247 Old 07-16-2007, 10:21 AM

Likes Earned: 16
Good luck to lil sis. And happy to hear your back is better.

Wikipedia - that's where us non medical folks get info!! Joking aside, hope it is something manageable.

If that scares them off, it is their loss. Is the Pilot still around?

Craney - just 2nding and 3rd-ing what everyone else has said - your synopsis was wonderful.

Winter glad to hear your little one is on the mend, and I am with you on children's hospitals.

QOD Sometimes, always stress related.

Got in a nice east 6 this morning. Felt good, back is not too bad.

Still kinda bummed. My mom passed away on July 16th last year.
#15 of 247 Old 07-16-2007, 10:30 AM
Special Member

Bob - I used that Runner's World plan for the PIG. I was planning on using a more intensive plan (one of the Runner's World customized smart coach plans) but the more I think about it the more I think what worked for the PIG should work for NY as well. So in a nutshell I think I'll use the same plan that I used for the PIG.

Tim - My condolences.
#16 of 247 Old 07-16-2007, 10:31 AM

Ann, cycling works the muscles on the front of the legs a lot more than runnin, and can be very good for strengthening stability around the knee.

DocChris, ouch on the shoulder. Shoulder troubles are no fun at all, I went through a frozen shoulder in 2004 and that sucked.

I had an easy week last week with the running. And the cycling. No cycling, actually. I should call it a lazy week. I don't know, maybe that was good to give myself a really thorough rest after 12 weeks. I feel ready to pick things up again tomorrow morning. Got a 5K on the schedule for Saturday, then Sunday I plan on doing a recovery jog. Yep, going to the 4 days per week schedule.

That's all I can think of right now.
#17 of 247 Old 07-16-2007, 10:38 AM
Special Member

TimLitch...big hugs to you today. And thanks for the nice words. Yeah, ThePilot is still around, but it's been weird and not really what I want lately, but I don't know what to do about it. confused.gifsad.gif

But that's something else entirely. No time right now...

#18 of 247 Old 07-16-2007, 10:40 AM
Special Member

Mornin all.
Adventures with pup yesterday. Put in one of those barrier deals in pick up (my truck is on the DL) its not a great fit, but still seems to work pretty well. He has crazy driving anxiety or something. Trying to get in front seat, pacing...gah. Took him to a flint quarry (from back in the day when they made arrow heads) cooked out and hiked and watched frogs. Pup loves frogs.... He was soooo good.

Staci did mat give you his history geek rap about this place? Its rad. Better than the mounds if you ask me. He has a magazine to send you from the historical society. Love to lil sis and new chalupa.

Winter that is horrible. I also get stressed out in children's hospitals. Love to your boy. Ari was in one about a year ago and was in one of those hospital crib things... When I walked in she said, "ohhh, Auntie Mandy....Can i get outta my cage?" Later, when Beyonce was on TV and her doc was in there talking to Mom and Dad she said, "shake it auntie!!!" Egad.

Jen I am waiting like the 40 year old virgin, girl. ack. Lita (who's taught for like almost 30 years) says, job is locked down, its just a matter of half or full time. Terry told me cuz since i've not signed the contract, he wants me to be able to bounce if I find something better Most principals wouldn't have done that.

Doc that just means if someone is in your bed, you don't wanna sleep. Totally logical, my man. biggrin.gif

QOD: Yeah. Runs in my family. I don't remember waking up feeling like it was time to get up...uh ever. My first waking thought is usually, 'oh ****.' When my stress level gets cranked up, I don't sleep at all. It's just me and nick at nite. This can go on for weeks, me falling asleep at 3 or 4. Then I get all caffined out because I have to cope somehow and get all tweaky and jumpy. It blows. Really. I'm pretty active and productive in my regular days, so I wonder a lot if I were getting 7 or 8 square, how much I could get done with my day. I can't take naps. Even when I had mono. Grf. sad2.gif

Ok. Off to have my research team watch the videos of me teach at Africentric. Oh Lord. I know they ain't ready....

Oh yeah. Planning on 2-3 with favorite pup at the park before my boy Russell's baseball game.
#19 of 247 Old 07-16-2007, 10:56 AM
Special Member

I got the same exact problem - but it's in BOTH arms!!

Morning, all! Nice weather here today - we had a wicked rainstorm for 20-30 minutes yesterday afternoon and I think it knocked some humidity out of the air. We'll see at lunchtime when I go running!

LLBigAppleMarathoner and GatorBob - I put together my training for NYC last night, not officially starting until mid August. With my pacing duties (I said duties!!) I've got a pretty good endurance base to go off, so my training is more about speed for the first 5 weeks and then strength the next 7 weeks. I always take bits & pieces from other programs and kinda throw together what works - I've not really put pen to paper to write down what I want to do for a long time so this will hopefully get me a big improvement by having a more organized plan. Usually, I know what I need to work on and I have a rough idea what I'll be doing for the next 2-4 weeks. I'm happy to send you my plan and you can see the structure of it and adjust it to your running.

I'm officially getting excited about San Francisco - my daughter is looking forward to it and we're starting to kick around ideas about what we'll do and see while there. The course looks pretty cool - much of it along the bay, a nice amount through Golden Gate Park, the GG Bridge of course...should be fun. We're leaving the baby behind so we don't have to take the humongous plastic things that a baby apparently requires so that will make us a little more mobile.

Anyways - have a good day!
#20 of 247 Old 07-16-2007, 11:00 AM

I forgot to mention that I bought the strap on on Saturday. 10% off, it's got a squirty tip, seems fairly firm, fits comfortably in the hand, I think it should get a good workout.
#21 of 247 Old 07-16-2007, 11:05 AM
Special Member

Hey - what you do on your weekends are your own business!
#22 of 247 Old 07-16-2007, 11:11 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 20
morning everyone

I was in my hometown this weekend for a family reunion. I did 10 on Sat. General Aerobic and basically did a whole tour of the city. 5 yesterday recovery. Both felt pretty good. Got some new shorts at the Dick Beardsley store in Fargo too.

Stayed up late last night to catch up on the Tour. Man am I tired!
#23 of 247 Old 07-16-2007, 11:18 AM

You should be all set... today is a rest day.

I'm behind on the tour. Really far behind. Maybe I'll catch the "recap" show tonight and get caught up.
#24 of 247 Old 07-16-2007, 11:46 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 14
Good Morning Everybody,

Change is in the air today. Don't know why and I don't care. My friend and neighbor is moving in. Well...her stuff is anyway. Her and her soon to be ex. are splitting. He's got a new place but her's won't be ready until mid September so I've offered to store her belongings for the next couple of month. Moving day! I count this as an upper body workout. Because that is what it is. It should remain cool enough this afternoon that I'll be able to hit the road for a 4 or 5 miler. It will, of course, depend on the beer flow. It's Monday I should be just fine.

Doc: I hope your lack of shoulder doesn't impinge(sp?) on your lifestyle too much. {{{Healing vibes}}} and... for goodness' sakes! WiKipedia? C'mon!!

Kini: Thank you.

Miss Daisy: Delegate? sounds official

Scratch said strap on....hee hee hee

Butthead glad to see you made it back to us. sounds like you had some pretty good runs

QOD: Only when I've been rebuffed. Otherwise I just choose to stay awake.

I've got to get moving.
#25 of 247 Old 07-16-2007, 11:46 AM

Good morning everyone –

Lots of running and tree trimming over the weekend. In addition, I’ve escalated my battle with the poison ivy that’s growing in my backyard, so I’m rather sore this morning.

Speaking of lots of running – Philadelphia marathon training officially kicked off yesterday. My first difficult run is scheduled for Wednesday. I’m actually looking forward to it – I think. (It actually looks like a lot of training plans are kicking off this week).

Sorry to hear about your du experience Theia. It sounds like you did well in spite of all that though. Good luck to Andrew in his upcoming race in Lake Placid.

Oh great, another fricken fracken Red Sox fan. Welcome High Heat – just kidding, kind of. biggrin.gif

Congratulations to Aunt Space – be sure to show us photos once you have them.

Ankle issues – sorry. I’ve got nothin.

Sorry to hear about the shoulder Doc. I had something very similar happen to me about 15 years ago and it wasn’t fun – although I had a complete dislocation along with the tear so hopefully yours will take less time to heal.

Michelle – I hope all continues to go well for your son.

Continued good wishes for your uncle Lori.

Positive vibes going out to Tim as well.

QOD – I have insomnia in stretches. Fortunately, I’ve had good luck with my sleeping lately.

Good runs to all.

Trevor

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page