Boston MONDAY Run - Page 9 - KickRunners.com

#201 of 211 Old 04-18-2011, 04:24 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19

DUCK!!!!!!

Nice work. I'm sorry you're fulla aches, but glad you're not re-injured.

notworthy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#202 of 211 Old 04-18-2011, 04:25 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19

Pffththt. 

nothing to see here. posting issues.

#203 of 211 Old 04-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
Likes Given: 1

Hooray for the Boston peeps!   Recover well and quickly!  

Don't believe everything you think

#204 of 211 Old 04-18-2011, 05:15 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1

Quite a day today!  Great work, everyone!

I had a faster-than-it-should-have-been run at the track today.  At one point, a young kid was on my 6 while I was doing about an 8:30 pace.  And he seemed to be happy to just trail about 20 yards behind me.  So I slowly picked up the pace, trying to shake him.  He finally quit when I was going at about a 7:40 pace.  But at that point, I still had a couple miles left to go in my run, and I didn't want to slow down.  So I finished off the 4 mile run at an avg pace of 7:50.  That's a lot faster than I should been doing 5 days before an ultra, but what the heck...

#205 of 211 Old 04-18-2011, 05:22 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 2

Evening all!  Got myself 6.3 miles running home from the office tonight, great evening & seemingly on the edge of another storm - the sky looked a bit ominous.  

#206 of 211 Old 04-18-2011, 05:27 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 2

What a day!!!  Congrats to all our Boston peeps:  Pacer, Jen, Rochey, Lloyd, Duckie, Andrea, Jill!!!  Awesome work out there! 

Thanks to Ryan, Kara, Desi and the elites for some super fun watching, too.  :)

After spending my morning following you guys, I headed to the beach and got about a 15 minute open water swim done.  Doesn't seem like much, but I have a definite discomfort with open-water swimming simply in relation to thinking I may have a run-in with a fish or shark or man-o-war, etc.  I love "swimming" in the ocean (read: jumping the waves, floating, playing around) but swimming (read: with goggles, lap-swimming type stuff) sorta freaks me out.  I don't like to see what I'm swimming with...  Anyway, today's swim was a good workout for the heart rate, even though it was only 15 minutes.  Oh - and since I was swimming in my 2-piece, I kept having to pull up my too-loose-for-real-swimming bottom piece.  roll_eyes.gif   wink.gif

solarpoweredlife
If today was perfect, there would be no need for tomorrow.
#207 of 211 Old 04-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 14
Likes Given: 20

wow!  What a day.  Great Boston performances by 30s kickrunners, tremendous running by my 8 Bham friends who made the trip to beantown (sad I wasn't there with them, but oh well),  really fun watching all of the elite races, great running by my fellow Brooks racers too!  

Solar - I hear ya on that ocean swim thing... that would freak me out too a bit.

Like Maria, I did a post Boston easy run of about 5 miles.

I'm dead, going to bed soon.  See ya'll on the flip side.  Safe travels to all those heading home from Boston.

#208 of 211 Old 04-20-2011, 04:47 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0

Reading this thread - very cool! After the race I picked up my phone and saw a tweet from Maria that my timing chip was off.

I'm a little sad that my timing device did not register and you did not get to follow along. I know from past years' how much fun it is to hit refresh to track your friends. Knowing that I had a ballpark goal for each 5k (about 20:45) I thought about peeps in cyberspace seeing a 2:54 or 2:55 flash as my projected finish. Kept me going.

Yesterday was my second best marathon. With the tailwind and good temps, I embarked with an open mind to go sub-2:55 and PR. Held 2:54-mid pace through 25k, gave up only a minute to that pace though the Newton Hills and through Heartbreak. Couldn't muster up a finishing kick to get the job done but am happy with the result none the less. In my three Bostons, I've gone 3:16, 3:06, 2:56.

I also got to run behind PacerChris and the 'Nati All-Stars for the first 10k. They were cruising at my pace and it was fun as their Celtics gear was a huge crowd fave. I was sort of surprised when I pressed ahead in Framingham.

Thank you for the virtual cheering!

Lloyd

#209 of 211 Old 04-20-2011, 04:51 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 14
Likes Given: 20

Roots - congrats on a great race.  If you were near Pacer then you were right near my training buddy from Bham too.  Brad is his name.  I saw and talked with him yesterday, He was on 2:55 pace too, I think he pushed ahead of the 'Nati All-stars as well, but a few of them caught him and passed him near the end.  He faded a bit down the stretch and finished in 2:58.

It was a Boston marathon for the books for sure.  Be proud that you were there and ran so strong.  Great Job!!! 

Oh and these threads are always fun to read after you've been out there racing. 

#210 of 211 Old 04-20-2011, 08:12 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9

Great job out there, Roots.  Really impressive progression in those numbers.  Sorry I didn't get a chance to see you two!

I agree, it's really cool to come back and relive the excitement of the race in these threads. 

#211 of 211 Old 04-23-2011, 11:06 AM
Advanced Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0

Hey all, I just found this thread. I appreciate you tracking me, even though I'm not a 30s guy!

I had just the perfect day at Boston; everything went right. Actually I worked a lot harder to run 2:59:38 in '09 than I did for 2:58:41 this year. Oh, and this was my 5th consecutive negative split at Boston. smile.gif

It was also great to meet up with duckgeek the day before the race, see Jen out on the course, and see roots at the finish.

Congrats to all!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page