It's February - Do some fitnessing! 2/1/11 - Page 2 - KickRunners.com

#26 of 38 Old 02-01-2011, 08:09 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 2

Morning all!  My running buddy for Tuesday mornings bailed this morning and I went back to sleep - stoooopid on my part as I was already up!   So I'll get out in the slain (snowy rain) later today and see what I can log.   January left me no where near last January (my all time monthly high) but at 233.9 which makes me happy.   Like Mindi, I'm focusing on dropping some lbs. and really up'ing the miles in Feb and March, the 50K will help.

Congrats on the lbs. lost, Litch & Brandy!

Chicago Marathon - probably not this year although I do need to get back there and break my curse.

Mindi - thanks for the cat vs. trainer feedback, my guy is weird - he wants to be close to me but is also a total wuss around some noises so maybe he'll be OK and stay away.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#27 of 38 Old 02-01-2011, 08:10 AM
Addicted Member

Hiya Craney!!!  hello.gif

#28 of 38 Old 02-01-2011, 08:41 AM

Likes Earned: 24
Likes Given: 46

I liked Chicago well enough, it was a cool experience to run in a race that big.  My favorites are still TCM, Grand Rapids and Tecumseh. 

And I do believe Nettie is planning to run TCM this year too. 

#29 of 38 Old 02-01-2011, 08:58 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 27

Hey guys!  I've been MIA for a week because I was in DC and had a week long slump.  It was too difficult to get in any time at the fitness center and when I got home I wasn't too motivated either.  

Yesterday I ran while Avery was in swimming.  It felt pretty good, maybe the rest was what my legs needed.  Since we're all iced in I will be doing some dvd's today, mainly T'ai Chi and pilates.

I finally got around to calling Steel Fitness.  I'm going Friday to see the facility.  They have a 6 month rate for $60 a month which is their most expensive rate but I think I will go with that rather than get locked into a year or two year deal and never go.  The fee includes all classes and childcare so its a decent deal.  I know their are cheaper available but this one looks to be the best close by.

Way to go, Litch!

#30 of 38 Old 02-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1

Great work on the weight loss, guys!  I really need to do that.  My mileage was up a bit in January, but my eating has been up even since about Thanksgiving.  I need to do something about that...

#31 of 38 Old 02-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Given: 6

Hello all - well, January I got back up to decent levels running (70+ miles).  Throw in 50+ miles of walking during the month plus assorted yoga & strength training sessions as well and I'll take it.

Races - I'm tempted to reset to 2012 at this point.  Nothing really intrigues me as a "must do" at this point, plus it seems like my body is telling me that I need to take a little bit of time away from some serious training (or maybe I'm just getting freakin' old and achey heh.)  I'm tempted to keep thing running easy & aerobic and adding more of the strength training and yoga as the year goes on.

Good seeing ya Craney & Heather, good runs Maples, Lora, Brandy & kp, nice job on the weight loss Litch and good runs, workouts and/or rest days to you all.

How to run a marathon: Step 1: You start running. There is no Step 2
- Joe
My Newest Blog
#32 of 38 Old 02-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9

Did anybody else catch this article?  I thought it was pretty fairly written.

#33 of 38 Old 02-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 27

I don't have any race plans for this year.  I did with Broad Street but it sold out to quick.  I'm working on building my base before I commit to any racing but with they way they fill up this year that pretty much leaves out anything in the fall!

Brandy likes this.
#34 of 38 Old 02-01-2011, 03:03 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 43
Likes Given: 3

7 miles for me on the treadmill.  It was boring, but I am feeling satisfied since I was scheduled for 6.

Interesting article, Duck. I am so thankful my DH puts up with my early mornings and frequent early (before 10) bed times.  Our kids are older though.  The game would probably be different if there were babies in the house.

#35 of 38 Old 02-01-2011, 03:04 PM
KP
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11
Likes Given: 0

great article Duck...often wondered how triathletes, especially ironman distance ones, stayed in relationships.

It's not about goal setting, it is about goal achievement.  Anyone can set goals, few are willing to do what it takes to actually achieve them.    Vern Gambetta
My Blog I My Running Log 
#36 of 38 Old 02-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10

Interesting article, Duck.  Are you feeling better today? 

I swam after work.  2200 yds.  All freestyle, and I pushed the pace a bit.  Only took 3 small (30 second?) breaks -- one after 16 laps, then after the next 16, then after 8.  I was going to stop then (at 2000yds) but decided to do 4 more laps.  Then I was waterlogged, fingers pruned, and bored.  And I really need new goggles. 

solarpoweredlife
If today was perfect, there would be no need for tomorrow.
#37 of 38 Old 02-01-2011, 05:37 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarpowered View Post

Interesting article, Duck.  Are you feeling better today?

Still have the gurgly tummy.  I might try a few slow miles on the treadmill tonight.  Thanks for askin'!

Great swim, BTW!

#38 of 38 Old 02-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Addicted Member

Evening all!  Got out for a nice 8 miler this evening along the Hudson, only a few slick spots along the path but I'm sure that'll change for the worse overnight.   We'll see what the morning brings  :)

Duckie, I hope that tummy turns around, for the better, soon!

Great swim Lora!!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page