30's Wednesday - 7/11 - Page 16 - KickRunners.com

#376 of 398 Old 07-11-2007, 10:32 PM

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Wow - the don't have Chocolate Donut Pizza... at least not here - it sure sounds good tho... they do have some good one's - the mexican/taco pizza, spinich pizza and macaroni and cheese pizza are some of my favoritessmile.gif

I used to go on occaision with the lunch crowd at work. Now that I'm at a different job, I hadn't been in years until we had DS... now it's a once every 2-3 week occurance. Kids under 3 eat free... and it's pretty darn cheap for adults. I can feed the family for $12.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#377 of 398 Old 07-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 27
I'm hitting the hay early guys, have a great night. Catch you manana!
#378 of 398 Old 07-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Special Member

Shoot, I'm not buying one! And I think this might be the longer version they're discontinuing... it says "Length 14". Trim Fit."

But thanx for the warning. smile.gif

#379 of 398 Old 07-11-2007, 10:36 PM

Likes Earned: 11
Maria is an evil genius. 3 guesses what i had for dinner tonight!!

And speaking of which...Sage um, did you make that popcorn yourself or do I have another mission I need to go on tomorrow?

Katholeenie my salad of choice these days is spring mix, sunflower seeds, slivered almonds, mushroom and feta cheese with any kind of vinegerette, rasberry if ya got it. Not sure what of that list would be tummy friendly for you but it is a very hearty meal!

So somehow I missed that Duckie was our moderator. But we couldn't be in more capable hands!!!! Thank you for taking on that role!!
#380 of 398 Old 07-11-2007, 10:40 PM
Special Member

I did. Pop a bunch of corn. Melt 2 tbsp butter, mix in a quarter tsp new mexico red chile powder & a quarter tsp cayenne. Pour over popped corn & mix. Sprinkle 1 tsp of powdered spirulina over everything.

Yummy. But, dang that spirulina is expensive stuff.
#381 of 398 Old 07-11-2007, 10:43 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
Thanks. Yes, I got drafted. But if we were to get our own forum it needed to happen. So, I am the reluctant moderator. Or the constant gardener. Either way I'm pretty sure that Rachel Weisz is going to fall in love with me.

surprised.gifccasion5: duckie.gif
#382 of 398 Old 07-11-2007, 10:45 PM

Likes Earned: 16
Geez O Pete, work picked a fine day to keep me away from the darn computer.

Get away from my chips, and no one gets hurt - m'kay wink.gif

One of many reasons we love Craney - she can express thoughts such as this with such clarity. We really did miss you Melis.

And from my own experiences, I can attest that when she talks about experiences with people different than myself, I have lived a little of it. I grew up in a cozy NY suburb. My HS graduating class had 500 kids in it. Less that 10 were not white or Asian. Then I went to college in the East Village, NYC. I had my first real experiences with minorities, gays, etc. I probably learned more outside the classroom than in it. I learned that just like my suburban upbringing, some people are super, and some are assholes, and most are somewhere in between, no matter what other labels may be placed on them. I learned that people will live their lives the way that they choose to, and as long as they are not imposing on me, so what - I have enough of my own stuff to worry about.

As many others have said, Maples, feel free to express whatever opinion you feel the need or disire to. I may or may not agree, but I can respect differences in opinion.

(Unless it is something like CoachT's love of the Yankees - that is just wrong.)

Snorting water out of my nose funny!!

As one of my college buddies put it - you can't swing a dead cat in NYC without hitting a Duane Reade.

300+ posts about shoes - sheesh.
#383 of 398 Old 07-11-2007, 11:13 PM
Special Member

Cannot keep up with you people when the shoe talk, recipes, and politics get started around here.

Maples - Glad you'll stick around and feel free to post things voicing your opinion. Some advice to help you get those interesting dates...ever thought of bisexuality? I mean, c'mon now, you're increasing the odds tremendously! biggrin.gif Obviousy I'm just kidding - a mood lightener if you will!

Myron - I would love to do one of the VA ultras so I foresee that in my future at some point.

Got in 10 miles tonight and it was flat out beautiful here! Around 80 degrees with a nice breeze and a shady route so it wasn't hot at all, low humidity. Perfect run - followed by Chipotle on someone else's dime (a supplier of mine is a runnner so he covered dinner after the run - mucho better than choking down a $40 steak and pooping for 4 days straight!)

Oh - got my San Fran bib # and it's cool (though not as cool as 666 like at the Pig). Bib #101! Makes me sound almost elite, right?!
Later!
#384 of 398 Old 07-11-2007, 11:22 PM

Likes Earned: 16
TMI!!!razz.gifottytrain5:
#385 of 398 Old 07-11-2007, 11:24 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 1
Now that smiley is just soooo wrong!

In shoe news, I picked them up from my parent's house and they look so HAWT! I would have never in a thousand years picked out those shoes for myself, but I think they're about to be my favorite pair!
#386 of 398 Old 07-11-2007, 11:25 PM
Special Member

Hey, all--

Wow! Everyone's been chatty today.

I almost feel bad about posting running stuff, but here goes anyway. . .Ran w8d2 today (28 min) and got about 2.08 miles. Strangely, when my good friend Robert Ullrey told me I had a minute left, I picked up the pace and felt wonderful. It was the eastiest breathing, best feeling minute of the whole run.

I spent about an hour crying this morning, too. Long story short, I've been having computer problems, customer service couldn't possibly have given me more wrong answers to my questions if they tried, and now I'm sans a "home" computer. That may sound stupid, but remember that I'm away from home, so it's my only way to have any kind of audio/visual entertainment until I get home in two weeks. Add to lack of AC and a project that won't die, and I think I hit my limit. However. . .I was biking to class today and I realized that if the only thing making me cry in my life is a minor inconvenience, my life is pretty darn good. No more crying for me (today).

Voo-- I didn't know you lived in OH. Somehow, I thought you lived in CA. Maybe I'm mixing you and Moon up, which given what you each look like, makes me chuckle a little. I like the idea of dreds nearby.

Sage--I got an e-mail about Sierra Trading Post's 50% sale, and I deleted it b/c I can't afford any more skirts! I was at Target this morning, and I found two more styles there, so I bought them. They were only $14.99 each, so I don't feel too bad about it. I do need to buy a black and gold sportskirt so Pacer continues to be my friend. (I'm actually planning on running my 5k in my yet-to-be-purchased black/gold skirt!)

I've got nuthin on shoes. Because of previous foot injuries, shoes that don't lace up tend to lead to very swollen feetsies, so I tend to wear sneaks every day -- very sexy. I love the winter (and Winter) for so many reasons, but one of them is that I can wear pants/trousers and clunky, fat-heeled lace-up shoes. I guess I did have something on shoes!

Directions--Even though I don't usually consider myself an overly nice person, other people seem to think that I am, so I'm constantly stopped for directions, even in Brussels! I'm bossy, so I like to tell people what to do (and where to go smile.gif ) so I tend to give them. Maybe I'm nicer than I give myself credit for being.

Post too long. Maybe if I split them up, I'd have a chance to compete with our Ultra-marathoners on the site. Nah!

"It is our choices . . . that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
Praecipua in Pink
#387 of 398 Old 07-11-2007, 11:28 PM
Advanced Member

Hey all again, Getting ready to call it quits for the day.

Umm... a secret... I ran tonight! yippee, it felt so awesome, prolly only 1.75 miles but ****! I miss it! I walked/ran about 3.25 total. Nice.

Who was it with the Nimbus 9's, Kriddie cant 'member? The jury is still out, they may be the culprit of me dear problems right now.

There was something else, can't remember that either.

Oh, I voted on the T-REV poll, that could be a fun qod to reveal what way we voted.

Did all/anyone register for the Twin Cities 10 miler, Jess, Jennifer, Beth, Sage?
#388 of 398 Old 07-11-2007, 11:28 PM
Special Member

Oh, my secret to so many posts is really a perfect storm of sorts: mix 1 temp job where I do absolutely nothing for days on end with a "sport" site that isn't blocked by the IT department and voila!
#389 of 398 Old 07-11-2007, 11:31 PM
Special Member

Ooo, seeing Order of the Phoenix tomorrow night after class (note to self: look up show times). It looks AWESOME! Don't tell my friend in Columbus, though. I'm driving down there this weekend for her birthday, and we're seeing it together. I can barely stand that I couldn't see it tonight (office hours); I couldn't wait until Friday night, or *gulp* Saturday morning. Please, please, please let it be good.

"It is our choices . . . that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
Praecipua in Pink
#390 of 398 Old 07-11-2007, 11:37 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 14
No run today. I have finally caught up on today's thread.

Here we go:

Pacer: loved the greyhound granny story, and the thing about the odds. Thanks.

Lori: Yes, they cooked Everything

Doc: Yee Haw!

{{{Hawki}}}

diane: I like today's workout best

Brandy: That was FAN tastic.

QOD: favorite snack? men of course.

McTortle: Love both pairs

Keriksen: Thanks fo the legal advice

Maria: Ellie Potter is the cutest niece in the world

Happy Vacation Adam!

You're doing a fine job, Duckie. Thank you.

{{{Prae}}}
#391 of 398 Old 07-11-2007, 11:40 PM
Special Member

Ok, HP tomorrow at 5:45. Woohoo!

I just got an e-mail from a friend who's super pregnant, and she sent a picture of her and her belly. Should I be upset that she looks better at 8 months pregnant than I do at 0 days pregnant? Granted, she's always been fantastic-looking. . .maybe it was because she looked so **** happy about becoming a mom. . .and she's fantastic-looking. Anyhow, I'm so happy for her and her "I'm in Canada and we have great parental leave benefits here" self.

Praecipua in Pink
#392 of 398 Old 07-11-2007, 11:42 PM
Special Member

Maybe I should move to Canada
#393 of 398 Old 07-12-2007, 12:16 AM

Just got back from golf league and I MUST SAY.....I had an awesome birdie putt!!!!! It was a long, double break putt...very difficult and I drained it for BIRDIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow...I'm so happy about that. smile.gif

Okay...end self-centered post.
#394 of 398 Old 07-12-2007, 12:21 AM
Special Member

You so bad biggrin.gif
#395 of 398 Old 07-12-2007, 12:22 AM
Special Member

Is David Tennant in this Harry Potter movie? I can't remember. I did not see his name on the teaser poster at the movie theater. He was one of the baddies in the previous movie. Can't remember what happened to him.... LOL so observant aren't I?

He's the current Doctor Who and that's my favorite show. That's why me asking.
#396 of 398 Old 07-12-2007, 12:42 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 23
Likes Given: 14
It's after 11:30pm local time, I just spent nearly an hour reading this thread because I was away from the computer most of the day. I had one chance to view the thread earlier, and it was still on page 1 with only 7 posts in it. lol.gif

Too much to comment on, but you all rock. Seriously.

And Nettie? I love those shoes! And I'm not normally a shoe girl. smile.gif

Anyway, may be around tomorrow in the normal way. Maybe not. Who knows?

Kris
#397 of 398 Old 07-12-2007, 02:55 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 6
Oh, c'mon - it's easy to mix up me and Voo; we look incredibly alike, as you can tell from this pic

G'nite all! I'm set to crash big time...

How to run a marathon: Step 1: You start running. There is no Step 2
- Joe
My Newest Blog
#398 of 398 Old 07-12-2007, 05:41 AM
Special Member

So all the earlier talk about shoes and heels made me decide to wear some to work today. I must say while I have not lost any weight since I have been running, My calves look pretty good in heels. smile.gif I don't have major definition or anything like that, but you can tell there is muscle under that skin. The thighs look better then they did, but not as good as my calves.

Ny Maria - Oh goodness that is such a cute picture.

Voo - That is a great complement.

Saucon - Thank you. I am loving the idea of a new baby to borrow and return.

Prae - Sounds like you had a great run. Congrats!!! Sorry your pc problems could not be easily worked out.

Jess - congrats on the Birdie.

Well that is all I have for tonight. I am actually going to get up early enough to run tomorrow morning before work. I plan on 2 miles. Night all.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page