Thursday Runs - Giving Ann a Break from Starting the Daily Buzz - KickRunners.com

#1 of 60 Old 10-06-2010, 11:38 PM - Thead Starter
2oh
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0

Got a 9ish miler in this morning around SD Bay onto Harbor Island.  Cool to see the USS Nimitz and Ronald Reagan docked across the bay.  (other scenery was good too)

San Diego Harbor.jpg

not sure if you can see that very well.  my cell phone camera sux.

qoy - ironman training.

i'm looking forward to this travel gluttony to be over soon.

kansas?  really?

hope to grab some miles at some point tomorrow...maybe a workout.  we'll see what the day brings.

cheers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 60 Old 10-07-2010, 03:44 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 12
Likes Given: 4

Dan!!!!  And here I was trying to think of a clever title.... 

So while I'm preparing for my *own* 48-hour travel gluttony, I have a couple observations:

a)  It's really **** dark in the morning.

2)  It's kinda cold in the morning. 

Yeah, this is why I seem to be unable to make myself into a morning runner.  Well, not the ONLY reasons, but they'll suffice for now.  wink.gif

I am pretty sure I won't get any running in until Saturday, but I'm definitely going to get a few in then.  I should be running today, but I think I'm only going to be OJ-ing it through the airports...

Have a great day peeps!  Off to FL in a bit...

edited to add:  Yes, Dan, Kansas....for reals.  You know you wanna go.  There might even be another Disco Hot Tub!  lol.gif 

"The difference between a jogger and a runner is an entry blank."  ~ George Sheehan

#3 of 60 Old 10-07-2010, 04:04 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1

Safe travels, guys...

I'll get in another easy run today.  That'll be three easy days in a row.  That's enough, right? 

#4 of 60 Old 10-07-2010, 04:58 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 14
Likes Given: 20

no running for me yesterday.  It was a travel day back to Bham from Maryland.  I'll run a few today...just taking it easy before Saturday's marathon.

Safe travels!

#5 of 60 Old 10-07-2010, 05:11 AM
Addicted Member

By the way, have you guys seen the elevation profile for the Olathe Martahon?  It looks like a brutal finish:

Olathe_Elevation.JPG

#6 of 60 Old 10-07-2010, 05:29 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 43
Likes Given: 3

Yeah, I thought that finish looked a bit beastly too.  Even though the incline isn't too sleep - 10 miles of incline is yucky.  And what is with 26.5?  That extra .3 just isn't nice.

Congrats Marier on conquering the treadmill.  Why in the world were you on it though?

Oh yeah - rest day for me, but I did arm weights and will do core stuff tonight.

#7 of 60 Old 10-07-2010, 05:33 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 23
Likes Given: 14

One thing about KS... nobody here is local, so we may have to send out inquiry to friends and family to get recommendations for restaurants, etc, if we go there.  There is a distinct benefit to congregating in locations where we actually live.

No fitnessing today other than whatever walking I can get in.  I have a lunch meeting and a chorus rehearsal after work.

Kris
#8 of 60 Old 10-07-2010, 05:45 AM
Addicted Member

Maria is sorta local to KS. She'd have to be our tour guide. biggrin.gif
#9 of 60 Old 10-07-2010, 05:48 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 2

Morning all!  Got out this morning with my buddy Elyssa for just about 7 miles (6.9 mi) along the bridle paths in Central Park.   Beeeeaaaaauuuutiful sunrise out there this a.m.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninlaw View Post

Congrats Marier on conquering the treadmill.  Why in the world were you on it though?

Gah, I'm not sure.  I was in such a weird mood when I got home from work, I mean I run outside in the dark all the time and never mind it but for some reason last night I felt like it would be better to be closer to home, thus the TM (we have a small gym in our bldg)  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bard73 View Post

One thing about KS... nobody here is local, so we may have to send out inquiry to friends and family to get recommendations for restaurants, etc, if we go there.  There is a distinct benefit to congregating in locations where we actually live.

If we end up at that race, I have lots of recommendations.  I went to school in Kansas City of which Olathe is just a suburb + Jason is from that area + my bestie now lives there with her new hubby and baby   wink.gif

Busy day of work stuffs and prep for leaving for Vegas, we fly out around 9 tonight.   Jason's kickball tourney takes place all day Saturday so we'll have lots of time tomorrow to explore and what not.   Looking forward to some miles out there too.

#10 of 60 Old 10-07-2010, 05:49 AM
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBob View Post

Maria is sorta local to KS. She'd have to be our tour guide. biggrin.gif

Eggggsssactly

#11 of 60 Old 10-07-2010, 06:05 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningINnyc View Post

Busy day of work stuffs and prep for leaving for Vegas, we fly out around 9 tonight.   Jason's kickball tourney takes place all day Saturday so we'll have lots of time tomorrow to explore and what not.  

Why am I totallly picturing a Dodgeball scenario???  Maybe he'll get a big pep talk from Lance at the bar!  biggrin.gif

#12 of 60 Old 10-07-2010, 06:08 AM
Special Member

3.33 not-as-easy-as-they-should-have-been recovery miles last night after a killer boot camp class.  Maria would have liked my class:

THE COUNTDOWN

warmup
10 minutes of **** (burpees, high knees, football feet, mountain climber -- 30 seconds each, 5 rounds)
9 minutes of legs (squats, lunges, side squats, propulsion squats, etc)
8 minutes of kickboxing
7 minutes of upper body (pushups, dips, curls, lateral delt raise, reverse fly)
6 minutes of cardio (jump rope, jacks, jog in place - 1 minute each, 2 rounds)
5 more minutes of legs (lunge/squat combo - forward lunge, backward lunge, squat - 16 each, then 8 each, then 4 each, then switch legs)
4 minutes of running the stairs
3 minutes of jump rope
2 minutes of bicycle
1 minute of plank
stretch
#13 of 60 Old 10-07-2010, 06:09 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2oh View Post

kansas?  really?

YES!!! FOllow the yellow brick road!!!

Core stuff and a few miles this morning. THe beastie is pacing impatiently behind & around me, trying to herd me towards the door. COME ON LETS GO! LETS GO! LETS GO!

He must really need to take a dump. 

#14 of 60 Old 10-07-2010, 06:13 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 20

morning

my 6 miles yesterday afternoon SUCKED.  blah. The only cool part was seeing about 6 deer near the lake.

running something easy after work. 

Just an FYI: I will not the most productive today.

#15 of 60 Old 10-07-2010, 06:21 AM
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theia View Post

Why am I totallly picturing a Dodgeball scenario???  Maybe he'll get a big pep talk from Lance at the bar!  biggrin.gif

EXACTLY!  Look for us on The Ocho!

p.s. you know me too well, I would have LOVED that class!  I truly miss boot camp classes  sad.gif

#16 of 60 Old 10-07-2010, 06:44 AM
Special Member

Morning Gang -

Kansas, huh?  I'm trying to figure out my plan for next year.  I wanted on that doesn't have an evil hill in the last 6 miles though.  What to do.  What to do.

I still haven't run yet.  I feel like I could, but I'm gonna wait a bit longer.  Forcing myself to take a break.  I have biked and walked and things feel really good though.  I just scheduled an appointment for a massage this afternoon and I'm looking forward to the hurt.  Sick, I know.

I should know this, but Tim, what marathon are you doing?  It seems like you just ran one.  How many weeks between them?

Good runs to all today!

#17 of 60 Old 10-07-2010, 07:04 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 43
Likes Given: 3

Holy ouch.  And awesome.    Will you come to Madison to teach classes? 

Quote:

3.33 not-as-easy-as-they-should-have-been recovery miles last night after a killer boot camp class.  Maria would have liked my class:

THE COUNTDOWN

warmup
10 minutes of **** (burpees, high knees, football feet, mountain climber -- 30 seconds each, 5 rounds)
8 minutes of kickboxing
5 more minutes of legs (lunge/squat combo - forward lunge, backward lunge, squat - 16 each, then 8 each, then 4 each, then switch legs)
3 minutes of jump rope
2 minutes of bicycle
1 minute of plank
stretch

#18 of 60 Old 10-07-2010, 07:16 AM
Addicted Member

Quote:

THE COUNTDOWN

warmup
8 minutes of kickboxing
3 minutes of jump rope
2 minutes of bicycle
1 minute of plank
stretch

See, now I would be into this class. Just not the spinning.

#19 of 60 Old 10-07-2010, 07:20 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 19

I RAN!!

Yeah, yeah, not that big of a deal, but I haven't hit the pavement in a couple of weeks.  Not injured or anything, just letting the body rest for a bit.  I ran right around 2 miles.  No garmin or watch.  It felt pretty good!

I have to decline the trip to Kansas.  That time of the year is extremely difficult for me to get away.  Plus, I won't be in shape for a race by then.  I am planning on Bayshore Half Marathon.  Anyone want to join me??????

#20 of 60 Old 10-07-2010, 07:22 AM - Thead Starter
2oh
Special Member

Quote:

By the way, have you guys seen the elevation profile for the Olathe Martahon?  It looks like a brutal finish:

you really think you'd notice that slight of an incline over 8+ miles?  lots of twists & turns so it at least looks like you'd get a good core workout at the same time.
i still can't get over kansas...are there nice things to look at there?  places to swim?  historical things to see?  might be a tough sell next April but if all goes well i would be in decent shape for it.  i had more of a warm beach-like atmosphere in mind.
this is about the time that coachT shows up, makes a suggestion, starts to stir the pot, gets everyone to commit.....and then, well, you know the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnin-from-the-Law View Post

I just scheduled an appointment for a massage this afternoon and I'm looking forward to the hurt.  Sick, I know.

i dreamed i was getting a massage last night.  that's the closest i have been to one in 2 years....me thinks it's time to change that.

i'm out the door for a few miles and then off to yet another meeting.  fun times w/the local regulatory agencies. [insert barfing smiley]

i had no idea there was a kickball circuit.  is it competitive?  are former footballers like diego maradona playing?

#21 of 60 Old 10-07-2010, 07:39 AM
Addicted Member

Quote:

...are there nice things to look at there?

Tornados?

ps. YAY TONYA!

#22 of 60 Old 10-07-2010, 07:53 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 7

Quote:

Think of them as character building miles! smile.gif

(yeah I know... what a bunch of #()@#$# eh?  I haven't looked at the half elevation yet!)

#23 of 60 Old 10-07-2010, 07:54 AM
Addicted Member

Quote:

Quote:

you really think you'd notice that slight of an incline over 8+ miles?  lots of twists & turns so it at least looks like you'd get a good core workout at the same time.
i still can't get over kansas...are there nice things to look at there?  places to swim?  historical things to see?  might be a tough sell next April but if all goes well i would be in decent shape for it.  i had more of a warm beach-like atmosphere in mind.

I'm cerrtainly not saying that it's a steep incline.  But just the fact that's it's late in the race when you're tired, and it just goes on and on and on.  I think it'll be quite annoying...

I've spent one night in Kansas City MO in my life.  I went to a Royals game, went to the Negro Baseball League Hall of Fame and the neighboring Jazz Museum, and I ate barbeque.  I wouldn't mind repeating those things.  30 miles (or whatever) out into Kansas...  umm... I don't know...

#24 of 60 Old 10-07-2010, 08:05 AM
Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

this is about the time that coachT shows up, makes a suggestion, starts to stir the pot, gets everyone to commit.....and then, well, you know the rest.

Way to go, Tonya! 

Maybe I should videotape a few of my classes and share them with my 30s friends.  biggrin.gif  That way I could torture -- I mean inspire! -- you from afar. 

#25 of 60 Old 10-07-2010, 08:33 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10

I'm must glad that Theia isn't my fitness coach.

Heading out for some miles in a bit. Can't wait to get out there.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page