FIT Thursday - Page 2 - KickRunners.com

#26 of 37 Old 09-16-2010, 09:14 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19

GO MISSY!!!!

It was cool this morning, but SUPER humid from the rain last night. Ab stuff, ran 3 miles, and then walked Gus 2.

And then weeded 2 big flower beds. And I still have 24 piles of [now wet] branches to tie up and drag to the curb.

I should call doc's office today to see if they have the insurance crap straightened out so I can get blood drawn so we can see wth is going on with my hips.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#27 of 37 Old 09-16-2010, 09:22 AM
Advanced Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0

Morning. Busy morning. Grrr. Yesterday morning run was canceled due to thunder and lightning. Went out with a goal of 13 total miles last night. I was running with one of the girls I'll be pacing at TCM.

The plan was a really hilly 10 mile loop on paved paths instead of trails, then I'd drop her off and go back out for the three mile loop. We got to mile 9.5 when all of a sudden lightning struck a telephone pole about a quarter mile up the road. You could hear the power lines make a weird noise, so we decided to cross over the road away from the lines. Then you could see the sheet of rain come. We were drenched. Probably the hardest rain I've run in. Needless to say the run ended at just over 10.

Wore the calf sleeves again. I'm beginning to really dig them. They really help keep my calves in check. They're not talking back to me anymore (or it could be the cool temps).

#28 of 37 Old 09-16-2010, 10:26 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1

It feels a little early to be wishing folks good luck for the weekend's races, but what the heck.  Good luck! 

#29 of 37 Old 09-16-2010, 11:36 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 12

Good luck this weekend, Maria!  Safe travels!

Missy is the berries!  I remember my first post-baby runs.  With Lena it was PAIN because of all the trouble I had getting her out.  My tailbone hurt for months afterwards.  After Evelyn it wasn't too bad, even though she was a way bigger baby. 

#30 of 37 Old 09-16-2010, 11:47 AM
Addicted Member

YAY!

Got all my smaller branches & cuttings bundled up and dragged to the curb, dragged the larger branches into a pile on the side of the driveway (Dh will dispose of them at work), and got my mums planted. All before it started raining. 

I can really feel it in my triceps, back & shoulders. Jeez.

#31 of 37 Old 09-16-2010, 02:10 PM
2oh
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0

whoa...major crazy day again today.  no time for fun stuff.

seems like i spent the week on my butt in a car and then parked in my cubicle - i'm feeling like office furniture. 

i meant to comment on those tri-experiences from this past weekend (mid-swim groping).  if that's how a guy can get some T & A then sign me up!

just a little 4 miler shakeout yesterday was all i had time for and that's okay. nothing today, just a bunch of keyboard punching.   i have to go home to pack my shite for RTB.  my team arrives at chez 2oh this evening and then we drive north to Jackson, NH to one of our safehouses for some pre-relay R&R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy View Post

7.25 miles with speed last night.  started out with half mile repeats at tempo pace (3), then 20 min at GRP then 3 x 1 min at interval. The temps were great and amazingly my legs felt great as well.  woot!  I did eat a few bugs though.

I realized that last week was my first week in the 50s since last year.  It was just over a year ago that I sprained my ankle so it is about time!!

you're just getting back at the arachnids that find your flesh so appealing.

nice mileage by the way.

off to a relay. hope to catch up w/you maria.  i'll look for you folks at the start area.

cheers

#32 of 37 Old 09-16-2010, 03:36 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 43
Likes Given: 3

Missy is the berries (LOVE that, clare!)!  Great job, Litch!  BIG BIG BIG WAY TO GO.

Crazy day for me.

No abx in order as I do not have a uti.  Gah.  DO have an enlarged uterus.  No, I'm not pregnant.  Going in for pelvic ultrasound tomorrow and am a little askeered b/c best case scenario looks like it may still involve surgery.  

Also went to a dentist.  Man, being a hygentist must just be a disgusting job.  Even more disgusting was the dentist who did the exam reeked of smoke.  Ick.  Good news was that my teeth look good.  Thank God.  Last thing I needed to hear was I had a cavity or some crazy thing going on there too today.  Don't mess with my teeth and my uterus all in one day! :D I didn't work much at all today, but got a lot of the "necessities" done.  Got to hang with the boys for a while and do homework (got home just after 3).  Now they are off to soccer and DH is about to go practice with his band peeps. They are playing an acoustic gig on the radio/webcast tomorrow before their other show.  Should also be the berries (does that fit?!). 

#33 of 37 Old 09-16-2010, 04:24 PM
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninlaw View Post

Going in for pelvic ultrasound tomorrow and am a little askeered b/c best case scenario looks like it may still involve surgery.     

(((Ril))))

Ick on the ultrasound. Those are just. not. fun. 

Hope you're ok.

#34 of 37 Old 09-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1

I did an easy little run this evening.  So my last three days have been:  3 mile run, rest, 3 mile run.  I guess I'm taking this taper thing pretty seriously! 

#35 of 37 Old 09-16-2010, 04:58 PM

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 5

I didn't even skim the thread, so I'm sorry if I've missed anything.  I've started a routine with one of my coworkers, we've been walking a 5K route at lunch.  It's a start for me.

"And all our fears were in vain, a dream, just like the Lord said."
- Jack Kerouac, Desolation Angels

Yeah, I have a blog....
#36 of 37 Old 09-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 14
Likes Given: 20

Good luck to Maria & 2OH @ RTB!!!

Yeah Missy, great that you're back running. 

I made it to my parents' house.  Had a nice pasta dinner with them.  Dad and I will hit the road about 7:00am eastern tomorrow morning.

#37 of 37 Old 09-16-2010, 05:53 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 43
Likes Given: 3

GO TIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page