Running into Wednesday - KickRunners.com

#1 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 05:47 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 27

Where is everyone?

I got out at 6:30 again for day 2 of couch to 5k.  I ran through my cooldown to extend it a little then did a little extra cooldown at the end.  My legs felt a little sore today...pathetic I know.

It was sunny out earlier so I was thinking we're good for the beach and swimming but now its getting cloudy again.  If we don't do the beach then I'll go to the pool later and do laps.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 05:49 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
Likes Given: 1

Hmm.  I tried to start the thread and it wouldn't work.

I did C25K W3D2 this morning, then lifted with little miss evil, and some time on the arc trainer after.   I think that might have been too much, because I really want to go back to bed now!

Don't believe everything you think
#3 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 05:55 AM

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 0

5.5 again this AM.  I am working from home (taking an online class for work).  I have a 5.5 mile loop at work (near the LI Sound, pretty flat), and one at home (in the Litchfield Hills, first 1.5 miles has a couple of hundred feet in elevation gain, then it rolls).  A full minute per mile slower at home then at work.

#4 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 05:55 AM

Likes Earned: 24
Likes Given: 46

I suck.  I had two alarms set and my timed coffee pot the beeps when it's done all set and none of it worked to get me out of bed.  And I was in bed at 9:00!  It is super duper grogeous out there too.  I'm so mad at myself.  I didn't have enough time to get the 10 miles in but I was able to get in to work early so I'll leave early and get my 10 miles done. I thought about calling in late, but that doesn't look good and I only have one more mid week 10 miler on my calendar and an 8 miler. I'm going to arrange in advance to flex time or take PTO on those days and come in late so I can get my run in!  

I hope the rest of you all got spectacular morning runs in!

#5 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 06:04 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49

No morning runs for me.  I need to be at work at 7:30 every morning, and there's no way I'm gonna wake up early enough to run 10+ miles before that.  But I'll get out there tonight.  I'll do some kind of speedwork.  Either a long tempo run, or a bunch of intervals.  We'll see...

#6 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 06:06 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 7

G'morning folks.

One set of weights/arms is complete.  I have two more and core to work on during the day and then spinning after work.  Fun fun.

#7 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 06:17 AM
Special Member

Good Morning!

I'm getting back into my early morning routine too.  I had gotten spoiled running at 8am the last 3 weeks.  Now my RP and I are meeting at 6am, to tune up for our 5am runs that start next week.  Ouch.  But I do love running in the cooler morning temps for sure.

Hopefully some yoga tonight too.

#8 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 06:23 AM
Advanced Member

Likes Earned: 0

Morning. Great track workout last night. Turned out to be boys against girls, which made it even more fun. Started off with 8x200m in :40-:43 (about 5:30/mile). then another 6x200m at about the same pace. Followed by a little fun racing. 250m in :44 and a 300m in :45. What a blast that was.

I did finally write up my Ragnar report, you can view it here if interested, http://minneapolis-i.com/2010/08/race-report-ragnar-relay/

Totally can't wait to take loads of naps this weekend and catch back up on sleep.

#9 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 06:37 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 19

Good morning!

I have a brick this afternoon... 1 hour bike and a 30min run.  It'll be nice in the cooler temps! :)

Kudos to the morning runners!

#10 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 06:39 AM
Special Member

Morning Gang -

Excellent work Heather and Amichel on getting the C25K workouts done this morning!!

BigG - bummer.  But at least it is gonna be a gorgeous night tonight so you can get your 10 miles done.

I only pressed snooze once then dragged my butt out of bed and got 12 miles done (with 7 tempo in the middle).  Felt great.

Appointment with The Shoe Whisperer after work.  Yipee!

Saw KP's blog entry or post or something about only 39 days til TCM.  Holy crap that snuck up on me!  It seems really weird that I haven't done a 20 miler yet.  First one this weekend and then one in 2 weeks.

Good runs and rests to all today!

#11 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 07:04 AM

Likes Earned: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRG71 View Post

Good Morning!

I'm getting back into my early morning routine too.  I had gotten spoiled running at 8am the last 3 weeks.  Now my RP and I are meeting at 6am, to tune up for our 5am runs that start next week.  Ouch.  But I do love running in the cooler morning temps for sure.

Hopefully some yoga tonight too.

I need to wait for daylight these days - still dark at 5.  Days are getting shorter...

#12 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 07:10 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 2

Morning all!   I'm on the evening cycle of running for at least one more day so tempo work tonight after I leave the office - Big G, I should be logging about 10 miles too so "look" for me out there.

#13 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 08:27 AM

Likes Earned: 24
Likes Given: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningINnyc View Post

Morning all!   I'm on the evening cycle of running for at least one more day so tempo work tonight after I leave the office - Big G, I should be logging about 10 miles too so "look" for me out there.

Yay for virtual running buddies!

#14 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 08:31 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9

Bad: I can't run every day.  The ankle just won't allow it.

Good: On the days I do run, once I get going the ankle doesn't care if I run 3 or 10 miles, it feels the same either way. 

Stepped on the scale this morning and was surprised to see a new low of 157.4.  I'm pretty sure that I wasn't dehydrated, so I'm taking it as a valid number for now.  This is just slightly above my WLC goal so that's been a pretty successful program for me.  I think the best change I made was to keep a bunch of bananas at work and eat one whenever I'm feeling hungry. 

#15 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 08:35 AM
Addicted Member

I think my head weighs 157.4.

#16 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 08:58 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 14
Likes Given: 20

DD was up sick all night...so no good sleep for me.  I bagged my early morning run.  I'll get some miles in this afternoon. 

#17 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 09:23 AM
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckgeek View Post

Bad: I can't run every day.  The ankle just won't allow it.

Good: On the days I do run, once I get going the ankle doesn't care if I run 3 or 10 miles, it feels the same either way. 

Stepped on the scale this morning and was surprised to see a new low of 157.4.  I'm pretty sure that I wasn't dehydrated, so I'm taking it as a valid number for now.  This is just slightly above my WLC goal so that's been a pretty successful program for me.  I think the best change I made was to keep a bunch of bananas at work and eat one whenever I'm feeling hungry

My DH swears by this also.  I wish I could eat bananas, but I just can't abide them.  My mother blames it on the fact that she accidentally fed me some spoiled banana baby food as a child.

#18 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 09:33 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 12

Got out for a few miles this morning and it was nice and cool.   Cool enough that I could have used a light pair of gloves when I started. 

I'm planning on running with a group later, too.  We're sponsoring a "tune up" program for anyone wanting to run the 5 or 10k at the upcoming Fiddlers Run.  I think we'll get a good turn out. 

#19 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 10:54 AM

Got up early this morning for 6.5 miles with the group.  The moon was full and bright and stayed out with us the entire run.  What a beautiful thing to watch as it slowly illuminated more and more of the ocean before diving in.  Love runs like that!

Duck - Thanks for posting the link yesterday.   

#20 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 01:32 PM
Addicted Member

Why does this thread always die down in the early afternoon?  Yeah, I guess everybody either runs first thing in the morning, or late in the afternoon/early evening after work.  But don't we have anything to talk about? 

Well, I'm gonna go hit the track and orbit around it.  I'll do a long tempo run.  Let's see if I can go long enough to get dizzy.  10+ miles at the track?  Yeah, why not.  40 laps in the same direction isn't enough to mess up my hips, right? 

#21 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 02:40 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 19

Uhm, have fun Bob.  :roll_eyes:

I just finished a difficult brick.  Bike wasn't too bad, but the run was. not. happening.  At least part of the problem was the TM belt slipping.  Anyone had this problem before??

#22 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 04:06 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by phdatc View Post
At least part of the problem was the TM belt slipping.  Anyone had this problem before??

Yep, but only after the TM was lubed and the belt wasn't tightened back enough and/or not evenly on both the right/left sides.

#23 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 04:46 PM
Addicted Member

I just had a really nice run at the track!  46 laps in all.    That's 11.5 miles.  Avg pace was 8:25, and for the most part I was getting faster as I went on (up until the last few cooldown laps).  Here are the splits: 9:09, 8:49, 8:38, 8:20, 8:11, 8:02, 8:02, 7:51, 7:54, 7:51, 9:09, (9:15).  I'm pretty happy with that...

#24 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 04:48 PM
Special Member

Nice run Bob!  I'd go mental running around the track 46 times.

Just got back from The Shoe Whisperer.  I love that woman.  She is a miracle worker.  She is convinced that what she has me in now is "going to make you love running marathons."  Yipee!  

#25 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 04:56 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 43
Likes Given: 3

Cindi - that is awesome news!

Nice runs folks!  BigG - sorry to hear it. 

I too went to bed early and got up early, but had to prep for a very big hearing.  Was frustrating because when we got there it was apparent the judge hadn't read any of the extensive briefing (which is common for circuit court judges generally, but not this particular one),  So our half our hearing went 1.5 hours and of the 3 motions, only 1 partial ruling was made.  Fortunately, it was in my favor.  :)  And it was a long shot, so I was pleased with that.  Since I had such an early am I snuck out at 4:30 and ran 4 easy with DH (who also snuck out early).  Weather was 70 degrees, breezy and fabulous.  I hope to get up early and log 9 or 10 with some speedy stuff mixed in.

I haven't done anything over 15 and Chicago is right around the corner.  Um.  Yeah.  The good news is that after a full week on iron supplements, I am feeling like a new person.  Yay!

Hey - any pics of the little cub yet?!  I guess I need to check the other thread.....

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page