30's Tuesday 7/3/07 - Page 2 - KickRunners.com

#26 of 365 Old 07-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Advanced Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Well yeah, I went to see Transformers last night and didn't get home till late, so umm, I didn't get up for my run today. Blah. So I get to do 15 tonight in the heat/humidity. My favorite conditions. Oh at least the movie was pretty awesome.

I was once upon a time considering running a 10k tomorrow, but I'm not ready for it. I'm still in the building mileage stage and really want to concentrate on that. It's hard not racing.

Torchlight 5k - I guess there's a pretty decent size group doing the race. It should be a good time. I'm hoping I'm in decent shape to run a good time. I'd like to PR, but we'll see. It wouldn't be an official PR for me, since the results won't be posted anywhere.

BigGahoona
- Think about moving up to the Intermediate II plan. The reason why, is that besides the long run on the weekends, I think the midweek longer run is the 2nd most important run. At least that's the way it was for me. It made marathons so much more comfortable to run. Just a suggestion.

Lori - I'm with everyone else. If you have the time to commit to the training for a full, I'd go for it. Remember it's a huge time commitment. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#27 of 365 Old 07-03-2007, 10:29 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 13
Good Morning!

Missed my morning run yesterday b/c DH got called into work at 4:30am...IT issues at work, so I ran 4.5 yesterday afternoon instead. Then tried to run that loop again this morning, but I had to cut it short. Lower back issues again. I'm sitting here at work trying not to cry or throw up, it hurts so bad. I just can't figure out what's wrong. And I've got the Boilermaker 15k this weekend. bah!

GoV - have a good visit with your brother. I hope he is healing well. Maybe you'll have some good job news when you get back. *fingers crossed*
Commando - yep. It's the only way to go.
Moe - my neighbor started yard work before 6am BOTH days this weekend! Glad you're feeling better.
Scratch - good to hear you're happy with yourself. That kind of peace is hard to come by sometimes. You deserve it.
Maples - enjoy your day off tomorrow!
Noni - I'm definitely interested in lunch next Friday. Hopefully, I'll have my schedule early next week.
LH - would you say the chiro is helping overall, or is it too soon to tell?
#28 of 365 Old 07-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Special Member

Hey all:

Easy 5 this morning. Who put their September in my July? I've got chocolate in my peanut butter! This weather is awesome!

ScratchType - where you racing tomorrow? (although I doubt we are at the same one)

I heard from LL - he is still on for his crazy sand dune race tomorrow.

Are you people coming to Philly crazy? Do you realize that a marathon is 26+ miles? And they want you to run the whole way??!?? No way you're signing me up for that kinda crap. smile.gif

I am currently planning a 5K in NJ for tomorrow morning. I am a little gimpy today from all the speedwork I've been doing, so it will be an AM decision. I'd be running for a PR and not for fun, so I don't think I'll do it unless I think my legs are 90%. (I know, sissy!)

gov - good luck with the job and send some more good wishes to your brother.

Korbel - that class sounds like fun - I'm always looking for new ways to harass people.

Later all.

#29 of 365 Old 07-03-2007, 10:47 AM
Special Member

Good Tuesday morning to you all!!

Back at work today so today's row will have to happen this evening. Which is okay - something to look forward to after a day of sitting. Couple of things to catch up from yesterday:

Pacer Happy Anniversary!! And, I want you to know, in true 30's supportive style, my DH and I celebrated enough for the 4 of us. (Hey, does this make us twins now? smile.gif)

Beth I'm sorry to hear you were stuck with strap-on!! Sure hope you got it lubed up okay and that that all worked out for you.

Heather I would be willing to take your cute heels for the summer. . .just so you wouldn't feel they were being neglected. I would send you pictures and write reports on their days. . . biggrin.gif

Now, today:

GoV Waiting sucks but hang in there.

Doc Good words to remember - a nice way to start the day, thank you.

Kini Good Morning/Night!

Healing vibes to those in pain!!

M
#30 of 365 Old 07-03-2007, 10:47 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11
Likes Given: 1
Hi all- pilates for me this morning and I'll run later on. I'm drinking a triple shot latte and I swear I'm zooming around the office right now!
I can't keep up with the evening posts either. DH and I went out for a late Mexican dinner last night (in anticipation of going to Playa on Sat) and by the time I got home I was too tired to check in again.
I still haven't figured out the avatar stuff. I'm behind the times with technology comfort!
#31 of 365 Old 07-03-2007, 10:50 AM

Good morning everyone. I got up this morning to run my 4, but my DD woke up. Rather than let her wake up my wife early (who actually has to go to work), I stayed home...I'll run tonight in the 105 degree heat, which will suck.

Doc, sage advice as always.

Dankinia, I assume you work nights? Your runs are always really late, and your posts are sometimes at odd hours.

govandals...Best wishes with the job, and like others have said, best wishes to your brother as well.

I have completely forgotten what else I was going to write...
#32 of 365 Old 07-03-2007, 10:52 AM

PTom, I'm doing the Good Neighbor Day one in Downingtown. That's about a 30 minute drive away from me and it's nice and early at 8 in the morning. One thing I've learned is that the earlier and cooler the better. It's kind of funny that it'll be the 6-month anniversary date of my left leg being put in a cast.
#33 of 365 Old 07-03-2007, 10:52 AM

Oh...Can someone please explain the strap-on jokes to me? I feel like such an idiot when I read it and know it can't mean what I possibly think it means...confused.gif

As for the commando issue...I prefer to run in shorts with liners...much more comfy than dealing with underwear...Though I never go commando in real life.
#34 of 365 Old 07-03-2007, 10:52 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11
Morning!

It is absolutely great weather out right now! Still nice and cool and breezy like last night. I just really hope that it will be like this tomorrow for the race! I will be done by this time tomorrow and what a difference conditions like these would make versus the upper 80's/full sun of last year!!

As I posted last night, I had a great little 2.57 mi run last night in this weather. I'm so glad I didn't go to the gym earlier, or else I couldn't have taken advantage of it. I had an avg. pace of 10:2x with the last mile closer to 10 and even 9:4x at some points! Maybe I should make a playlist with just "I predict a riot" in it. The rhythm of that song is a great one to push me faster. I've run like that on the TM recently (since I can control the speed and it's a bit easier to run on) but not in training in a long time. I've now surpassed the level I was at this time last summer before I started to hurt from the injury that led to the torn tendon in the fall. I'm hoping this is a permanent improvement! I really want to do well at the HM in Philly!

Maureen glad the leg is better. I was sore for several days after I went hiking about a month ago. Even though my exertion wasn't high, the movement affected some different muscles from running!

Gov Hope you have a good trip in Vegas with your brother. Still got fingers crossed for good job news.

CTTim- that sounds super painful. I hope it works for you, though.

Bob that is some great pacing! Do you set some kind of pace alarms in your watch or what?

Lori go for it! I think you're ready......

OK, gonna go get the coffee now. I need to get an oil change today for my road trip friday and I'm gonna hit the Peachtree RR expo (yes! for a 10K! Until the ING Marathon in March, this was THE running event of Atlanta.) Then I need to make a side dish for a friend's going away party/BBQ tonight. Sucks because I can't stay out late with the race tomorrow. sad.gif

Still working on my strap on....
#35 of 365 Old 07-03-2007, 10:53 AM
Advanced Member

HI all

Just a quick note before we head out for the end of the week! No cross-training for me, other than doing chores, watering plants, packing the camper!

GoV- Still sending you good vibes on the job, maybe others in HR would know this better, but can you call and check out the status? Have fun at your brothers, sending him healing vibes also!

Jen Always nice to see you around!

Bard sounds like you are having a wonderful vacation!

For the record commando, is the only way to run!!!

Craney- Please show your lovely face here in KR!!

No internet for me until Sunday...
Have a safe and wonderful holiday to the US folks!!
Later!
#36 of 365 Old 07-03-2007, 10:55 AM

Chelloooooo!
This site is giving me password trouble, but no worries. Rich-the-contact us-guy is being ever so helpful.

DD1 gets her pallate expander today. And i get a special key with which to torture her once every two weeks. Flavor Ice. It's going to be her new best friend tonight.

We are off to the Royals game tonight for our team's sad pathetic excuse for baseball playing, but some pretty stellar fireworks. Hope DD1 isn't suffering from a headache too bad. We may have to skip. dontknow.gif

DD2 invited a couple of neighborhood kids over for a 'bubble and sprinkler' party. The two kids' whole family came down and a beer & a mocha later, my 1400 calorie day was S.H.O.T.surprised.gifccasion5: But it was important for the relatioship. smile.gif

I'll find time for at least 3 miles today. somewhere. somehow.
#37 of 365 Old 07-03-2007, 11:05 AM
Special Member

#38 of 365 Old 07-03-2007, 11:11 AM
Special Member

so i have no idea why my pics posted all differently. anyway, this is Dawes Arboretum where I run sometimes. Took the Hankster there to walk yesterday. Wore his fuzzy butt out. smile.gif
Makes me happy to see Apache Dog and Jen in the morning.
Staci is way prettier than Winnie. My mom says more like Angelina Jolie. Its an eyes thing you can't see on the picture.
Kris sorry for your loss, kiddo. Sometimes circle of life sucks.
Speaking of, partner decided his grieving process is to stay home. My job to respect and support that.
(((((NcRg and Brandi))))
I gotta get the **** outta here, but there is more, i'm sure.
#39 of 365 Old 07-03-2007, 11:11 AM

Likes Earned: 12
Good morning everyone –

Good luck to all of our fourth of July racers.

Dave – Continued good wishes to you on your job search and to your brother re: his recovery.

Moe – that’s the cool thing about avatars – you can be somebody that you really aren’t in real life. If I put Josh Holloway up there, that’d be akin to lying.

Lori – You can do a marathon. The fact that you’re even considering doing it means that you’ve internalized that concept and once that process has taken place, then nothing can keep you from accomplishing that goal.

Tim – that treatment sounds worse than the disease. Although, being a Red Sox fan, you’re used to suffering through pain – even if it is usually only psychic pain.

Philly – here’s my most recent list:

Marathon

BigGahoona – Registered
CoachT – Registered
Liam3494 - Registered
Solarpowered – Registered
Bobmann - Definite
Dob259 - Definite
LLCoolberg – Definite
Lumina - Definite
PacerChris - Unconfirmed

Half-Marathon

Amichel - Registered
Baggio – Definite
Bard - Definite
Frankie – Definite
Korbel - Definite
Loritemp – Definite
Nick - Definite
Noni - Definite
Theia – Definite
Keriksen & J - Probable
Scratch – Probable

Winter – Definite
Brandyk - Unconfirmed

Distance TBD

Haudet – Definite
Maccabeth - Definite
PhillyTom - Definite
RunningInNYC - Definite
Sdp - Definite
Crane - Unconfirmed
DocChris - Unconfirmed
Litchfield Hills - Unconfirmed
Moe - Unconfirmed
Moon - Unconfirmed
Phdatc – Unconfirmed

Prae – told you so. It’s ok, you can do it.

Brandy – it’s tough for me to lose weight with high mileage because it causes me to eat like a pig.

Nice running Bob – sorry to not be able to join you in New Haven this year. It’s already on my list for ’08 though.

Jenn – that’s good advice from Baggs. I’ll get you those workouts I promised too.

I hope you’re feeling better soon Shannon. Consider not running the Boilermaker too.

Happy belated anniversaries to Pacer and Mary.

Crane is still in Hawaii – I heard from her the other day and she promised to check in when she gets back.

I’ll check back for a QOD.

Good runs to all.

Trevor
#40 of 365 Old 07-03-2007, 11:14 AM
Special Member

i do too know why my pics are jacked up. i'll fix it later, skaters.
also, add Roo to the list. i love Chris too!!!
#41 of 365 Old 07-03-2007, 11:24 AM

Likes Earned: 16
You need to update your Yankee hater list. I am a Mets fan, not a Red Sox fan.

Speaking of lists, did you have MKidd on your CR straggler list yesterday??

Back on the phone with Microsoft. Bah.
#42 of 365 Old 07-03-2007, 11:25 AM

Mornin' all!! No time to post yesterday, though I did read through some of the thread.

Couple of the QODs I missed: 817.2 miles as of June 30. Goals for this month, keep up the running, set a 10k PR this weekend, keep getting into the gym and get back to sub-200 pounds. 4th plans -- Nothing sad.gif I'm actually hoping to get a nice long run in tomorrow and then take Thursday and Friday off before the Saturday 10k.

And got out for a nice 8-miler after work yesterday in 1:08:06 (8:31/mile). Was real tired after work, but forced myself to get out and run. I was keeping up with some young punk for the last 2 miles or so and tried to run him down at the end. Lil' ******* was too fast, though. biggrin.gif Plus I think he only ran 6 miles. He heard me near the end and sped up. biggrin.gif

Jen, great to see you here!!wave.gif

GoV, enjoy [ChrisBerman]the biggest little city in the world![/ChrisBerman]

Liam, I use chunks of beef in my chili instead of ground beef. And my chili is the greatest in the entire world.

And good luck to all the 4th racers!
#43 of 365 Old 07-03-2007, 11:26 AM

Likes Earned: 12
That's right - I remembered that your DW was a Red Sox fan and that disease usually runs in families.

And yes, MKidd was on the list.
#44 of 365 Old 07-03-2007, 11:31 AM

Likes Earned: 24
Likes Given: 46
I wanna have dinner at Liam's house!

Gov when I got the job I'm currently in, the interview went gerat, they introduced me to the rest of the people in the office (a very good sign, no?) and they told me they'd call within a week, well a couple weeks went by and nuttin'. So I called, and the guy had let the week go by and then went on a week's vacation! doh! But I did get hired. So don't give up hope! Healing Vibes for your brudder ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm a member of the DocChris Fan Club too! Now I have another running Mantra. Maintain an even amount of perceived effort. I will be needing these mantras for the Philly Phull since they don't allow headphones. sad.gif I gotta get used to running without.

And baggio thanks for the tip! I'll check out II.

Glad to hear you're leg is feeling better Maureen! Sorry about your road. That is the suck. Does it bother Penny to have them working out there? I know Pico would be barking nonstop.

Lori As a fellow Marathon Virgin:

I lifted weights last night - bis and tris and I worked it. Icould barely type up my points in the VRAA thread last night. Then I was up late last night and didn't get up to run this a.m., but I only have 3 to run today and it's another cool and comfy day here so I'll run it real quick like after work and before dinner.

Is Crane back from Hawaii yet?

OK back to work. I'll check back for a QOD.

Happy trails!
#45 of 365 Old 07-03-2007, 11:33 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 23
Likes Given: 14
Trevor- Nick and I are definites for the Half Marathon distance. I'm not ready to do a full (I want to finish in less than 5 hours, thank you) and he's not able to commit the time to training for a full just yet. One of these days, I'll actually get around to signing up. smile.gif

Roo- yeah, it does suck. We aren't sure when the end will be, just that it will be in the next few weeks. I understand that death is a part of life, and can deal with that. The part that gets me is that the dying process can be so **** ugly. The VA hospital in Cleveland gets all sorts of kudos from our family so far, they have been wonderful caretakers for my uncle.

Kris
#46 of 365 Old 07-03-2007, 11:41 AM

Hello friends!

I, too, did not get up and run this morning. I'm FINALLY having my coffee (much needed) going to do some cleaning and then go to my fitness club and run on the TM. I'm hoping for 6 miles today.

4th plans Our town has a big celebration. Sadly, no races though. I have been talking to people around here to get one going for next year, so we'll see. There is a parade and DH's high school band will march. Then we have a party to go to followed by fireworks. Two words...beer tent. smile.gif

MN peeps... I'm very excited about the Torchlight!!!!!!! We are to pick up our race packets at the Basilica of St. Mary's...should we meet there before and at Brits after? Suggestions????

Best of luck to everybody who is racing tomorrow.
#47 of 365 Old 07-03-2007, 11:43 AM

Likes Earned: 24
Likes Given: 46
OK I wanna have dinner at Voo's house too.
#48 of 365 Old 07-03-2007, 11:47 AM
Special Member

Morning all!

Nettie - you're not doing the shortest race tomorrow - I'm doing a 1 mile race tonight and probably a 5k tomorrow (but since I'm pushing my daughter, the 5k should count as a 10k).

Ptom - Trust me, chicks dig marathoners. Marathoners can go for hours whereas you speedsters are done before you know it.

Baggs - SHAME ON YOU! How could you miss a morning run?! Now you might only hit 450 miles for July and really, that's just pathetic.

McTortle - So you celebrated enough for 4 people - what exactly did you guys do for your anniversary?!

Looking forward to this 1 mile race tonight - I raced a mile when I was a wee lad so this is pretty much a new thing for me. I have no idea what I'll run - maybe 5:20 or so? My plan is to go hard for 2 minutes, go really hard for the next 2 minutes, and then give it all I've got for the last however long it takes. I have a fast friend running so I'll try to keep him in sight - he might be able to pull me along to a fast time! Afterwards there is music and fireworks so I think the whole family is coming - you might even get a picture of PacerDude racing tomorrow!

Heading out for my lunch run in a few minutes - hope everyone is getting the good weather we've had the past few days!
#49 of 365 Old 07-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Special Member

Now, we have no children, so our day started early. . .

and, according to some, it started with porn on the treadmill. . .

There were cute heels and shopping involved (DH got a new Swedish axe), drinks at a new bar, more shopping (I got a North Face Flight series Gore-tex rain jacket - love sales!!), more drinks, wine, and more food than the two of us have eaten in a very long time. But it was lovely. Even if it was 46 degrees and raining.

smile.gif
#50 of 365 Old 07-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Special Member

Mornin' Peeps. No run, off day. Was awakened at 1am by DW, because the kitchen was flooding. Turns out a water line fitting on the kitchen sink had bust. So a quicky trip to Walmart and then using the new ShopVac to suck up all the water, then fix the fitting. Back to bed by 3am with no longterm damage and my floor got mopped (bonus). Hmmm, what's worse: sick kid or flooded kitchen?

Bard: Prayers sent. And if you can post pics of your butt, you can show off the bikini. just sayin'. icon_smile.gif

4th plans: get a run in and church picnic. I'm making homemade Ice Cream.

July Goals: >30 miles/wk and 120 miles total. Get registered for Rocket City Marathon.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page