Weekend Wonderland Fun 2/13-2/14 - KickRunners.com

#1 of 50 Old 02-13-2010, 10:51 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
this dog is driving me bat sh!t crazy. Why can't I ever dog sit dogs like Kath's that like to snuggle instead of this yahoo that keeps pacing around and stareing at me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 50 Old 02-13-2010, 11:19 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19

Well, if you lay completely still for too long Gus might stare at you with his nose an inch away from yours, just to make sure you're still alive. But once he determines you're ok he'll snuggle back down.

Up waaaaay too late last night, and then had a crap nigiht of sleep. I'm so tired I'm dizzy. And have only been up for @ an hour. Looks like I'm heading back to bed for a bit.

I'll be needing more brain power later for dinner out with the ILs. FIL is a worrier, and has been calling every. day. for updates on the job hunt. He is even worried about how Dh and I are getting along since we're home all day together. (You can see from last night's fun that it's an issue.)

I don't do hovering well. At all. Especially not when I'm tired. So. A nap.
#3 of 50 Old 02-13-2010, 11:53 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
Likes Given: 1
Fun - Prae's Valentine's day card.

Not Fun - sorting, packing and cleaning

Future Fun - being all settled in the new house. The end is worth the means...Must.Focus.On.That

Don't believe everything you think

#4 of 50 Old 02-13-2010, 12:34 PM
Special Member

The stress of moving will totally be worth it Amy!! This is the house you guys are building, right? I'm excited for you!

So, quiet morning at home with BF - we're going to go to Target together, yippee!

I decided not to do the Knit Olympics - I am on too much of a roll with the stuff I'm already working on and I didn't want to stop what I was working on. I did finally finish a shawl I've been working on since last March - it kept being put on hold while I made things for other people. It's absolutely gorgeous, I'm so psyched to wear it out and about!

Don't hate yourself in the morning. Sleep til noon.
#5 of 50 Old 02-13-2010, 12:45 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 19
Cool Noni - have you taken pics?

Quiet morning here, and since there has been all this talk of knitting I think I might find a new project to start... But what sucks is that my LKS closed.
#6 of 50 Old 02-13-2010, 01:07 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 12
Likes Given: 4
Morning peeps!

Wow...did we get walloped with snow last night! Holy cow. I forgot what that's like! It was pretty cool, once I got home and didn't have to be on the interstate with all the dipsh*ts who can't freakin' SLOW DOWN...

My car about 5 hours into the storm:

Looking out my window, about 3 hours worth of snow at this point:

Outside in it, just before midnight...took a break from the Opening Ceremonies because it was snowing sooooo hard right then:

It's all melting now, but it will probably still be on the grass until tomorrow. Supposed to be down into the 20's tonight, which should be interesting. I'm staying in once the sun goes down...

"The difference between a jogger and a runner is an entry blank."  ~ George Sheehan

#7 of 50 Old 02-13-2010, 01:18 PM

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 5
Fun: my friend and I took our dogs to the dog park; NOTHING better than a tired dog! (Wippy, does the dog play catch? if so, take it out and play with it for 30 mins...then he'll settle down.)

Not fun: woke up feeling completely hungover...only I only had 1 beer last night, which I nursed for over an hour, so I think I'm just worn out. I'll have to nap after brunch this morning before the closing performance tonight.

Oh, speaking of which, I got to wear a different wig last night, a very dark brunette, and I felt SOOO much better in it.

"And all our fears were in vain, a dream, just like the Lord said."
- Jack Kerouac, Desolation Angels

Yeah, I have a blog....
#8 of 50 Old 02-13-2010, 01:19 PM
Special Member

Good morning!
#9 of 50 Old 02-13-2010, 01:25 PM

hehe...I just looked at the website for the place I'm meeting Doug, aka GID, for brunch. um...it's Valentine's Day weekend, and apparently they are having some sort of romantic thing...oops.

Since it's not a date and we're just friends now, no big deal but sorta funny nonetheless.

Yeah, I have a blog....
#10 of 50 Old 02-13-2010, 01:28 PM

OMG, my sis just sent me a little vid of my nie-phews taking a bath. My 4.5YO nephew is singing, "da da da, I love that dirty water, da da da, Boston you're my home!"

Yeah, I have a blog....
#11 of 50 Old 02-13-2010, 02:41 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Wow, Ann, you guys probably aren't used to snow like that, eh?

I heard that yesterday there was some snow in north Florida, which meant there was snow on the ground in all 50 states for the first time in a long time. That's global warming for you!
#12 of 50 Old 02-13-2010, 02:49 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 7
Greetings, all!

I agree with Marueen, Wippy.... tire the beastie out, and he will leave you be, no doubt!

Fun: My driving in the snow/ice/slush this am. First time I've done that in about 18 years. Only ran into one case where I wanted to make a left hand turn, and due to the ice, the car was in no way heading the desired direction. All was well with a minor course correction.

Fun: Attending the Mizuno Inspire 2 Run event at a local running store. I was slip-sliding a lot during the run, but managed to come through without a fall.

Fun: Petting the store's mascot (yorkie) and some guy's rather large reddish Aussie. Had the aussie so happy with the butt-scratching magic spot, that he kept licking his lips over and over. Once I stopped, the dog leaned into me so much to hint that we weren't finished, that he almost knocked me down.

Fun: treating myself to a single serving of banana pudding! (not yet consumed)

Fun: The NAP that I am about to take, considering that I've been up since 4:30am!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Have a great one, folks!!!
#13 of 50 Old 02-13-2010, 02:50 PM
Addicted Member

Noni - PICS!!!

Tonya - whatcha thinking about starting?

I'm @3.5" into my knit olympics thing, just from the opening ceremonies last night. Just got up from my nap, so haven't done anything yet today, and likely won't really before dinner. SLUGFEST!!! Just not motivated.
#14 of 50 Old 02-13-2010, 02:52 PM
Addicted Member

Amy - haven't you moved several times in the last couple few years? Maybe I'm imagining things. THe thought of having to pack up this house makes me hyperventilate. Good luck.
#15 of 50 Old 02-13-2010, 03:03 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
Good morning, peeps!

I hung up 4 sets of cellular shades last night for DW in our sun room. Today I will re-do them properly now that I know what to know to make it better.

Taxes must get done this weekend.

There's a huge brewfest this weekend that I'd love to attend, but it ain't gonna happen.

Tomorrow we're going to a ballet based upon Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon, featuring a live cover band.
#16 of 50 Old 02-13-2010, 05:12 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 12
Likes Given: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckgeek View Post
Tomorrow we're going to a ballet based upon Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon, featuring a live cover band.
How cool is *this*??? I <heart> Pink Floyd!

"The difference between a jogger and a runner is an entry blank."  ~ George Sheehan

#17 of 50 Old 02-13-2010, 07:31 PM
Special Member

The first time I tried to hang shades, Duck, I hung it upside down. It took me six months to figure out what I had done wrong. I'm not a mechanical person WHATSOEVER!

So, here's the shawl - a pic on me, then a close-up of the pattern. The pictures don't really do justice to the sheen of the material, it really picks up the light!

#18 of 50 Old 02-13-2010, 07:55 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by katholeenie View Post
Noni - PICS!!!

Tonya - whatcha thinking about starting?

I'm @3.5" into my knit olympics thing, just from the opening ceremonies last night. Just got up from my nap, so haven't done anything yet today, and likely won't really before dinner. SLUGFEST!!! Just not motivated.
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mustard-scarf

I'm doing this with a big chuncky yarn that I picked up at your LKS.
#19 of 50 Old 02-13-2010, 09:01 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 6
Fun: well, running was fun this morning, as well as Prae's Valentines Day card

Not so fun: I'll limit it to two. Going to deal with my stupid driving infraction this weekend (rolling thru a stop sign before Christmas.) Money costs aside, being hyper-sensitive to my driving since then has irked me to no end because I've noticed there are a whole lot of shitty drivers out there getting away with far more egregious and dangerous things.

I guess the second is related - coming home from my run this afternoon, I get this yahoo speeding by me on the left side (the left-turn lane) and then cutting in front of me (where there was no clear space with another car half-a-car-length ahead of me) to get to my right-turn lane. And they honked at me as if I was doing something wrong.

That's probably one of the rare times I was tempted to do a fly-by curse- and flip-o-rama, but considering the town I was driving thru at the time has been in the news for a rash of unprecedented violence, I just bit my tongue and let them drive off.

How to run a marathon: Step 1: You start running. There is no Step 2
- Joe
My Newest Blog
#20 of 50 Old 02-13-2010, 09:05 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
Kath - I think we've only moved once since I've known you, but we were going to move last fall and the deal on the house fell through. We moved in 98, 01, 05, and 07 and now 10.

Noni - we're waiting to build the house we've been talking about. One of the houses DH built and thought he had sold, didn't sell, and we both love it, so we're moving in. I'll email you some pictures (If anyone else wants to see, let me know. The link I have has the address on it, so I don't want to just post it). The shawl is great! I love that pattern!

Don't believe everything you think
#21 of 50 Old 02-13-2010, 10:14 PM
Addicted Member

Noni -

Tonya - Nice!!!

Just back from YUMMY dinner, and our waitress has food allergies herself, so she was really attentive to the food.
#22 of 50 Old 02-13-2010, 10:23 PM
Special Member

Tonya - I totally added that to my queue - I love that pattern!! You should do it! Today!

Thanks, Kath! That's especially nice, coming from queen of all things crafty!

Dinner at home tonight - BF has too much to do before his noon flight to TN tomorrow - so I did a butternut squash risotto + salad w/apple cider honey dressing. It's almost like we're celebrating V-day after all!

#23 of 50 Old 02-13-2010, 11:33 PM
2oh
Special Member

Hey wippy! I see you down there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amichel View Post
Fun - Prae's Valentine's day card.
1 to that. thanks prae!
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckgeek View Post
I hung up 4 sets of cellular shades last night for DW in our sun room. Today I will re-do them properly now that I know what to know to make it better.
yeah, i have to hang some light blockers pretty soon...after i paint ALL of our internal window frames & trim...frack.
Quote:
We moved in 98, 01, 05, and 07 and now 10.
that's a lot. we have never moved and we bought in 97.
Quote:
Noni - we're waiting to build the house we've been talking about. One of the houses DH built and thought he had sold, didn't sell, and we both love it, so we're moving in. I'll email you some pictures (If anyone else wants to see, let me know. The link I have has the address on it, so I don't want to just post it). The shawl is great! I love that pattern!
yep, put me on the list for some pix and description. i'm starting to compile ideas for a design i want to build. it's time to move out of this money bucket - my list of projects and $ spent is HUGE and we haven't upgraded a darn thing = pretty frustrating. i had no idea Brian built houses.

my margaritas kick some serious a$$. they ice the pain of a 14-miler pretty efficiently.
so who wouldn't want to try short track? that looks awesome.
noni, thanks for the pic. lookin' good.
some real blizzard conditions there ann...
#24 of 50 Old 02-13-2010, 11:52 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Hey there "tipover" dan!!

I got my vd card from Prea too. I triple heart VD... cards

The Crapshack is the first house I've stayed in for more than one year since '96. 15 times 13 years and at one point 3 separate houses in less than 20 days.

less than 24 hours and mutts magee is gone from my house!! I can't wait to vacuum!!!
#25 of 50 Old 02-13-2010, 11:54 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

and I just got an email from a farmer my friend is trying to set me up with. So far the guy knows how to use spell check and proper grammar.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page