Weekend Wonderland Fun 2/13-2/14 - Page 2 - KickRunners.com

#26 of 50 Old 02-14-2010, 08:18 AM

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Happy Valentine's Day!

No time to read through everything, but Wippy sounds good so far. always a plus when they are smart enough for spell check. You crack me up!

Off to work. Good days to all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#27 of 50 Old 02-14-2010, 10:41 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

MORNING ALL!!! Yes it's 7 am and I am wide awake!!! NIIIIICCCCEEEE Doggy.
I can't wait till his parents pick him up this afternoon.

Today I'm making Red Velvet, heart shaped Whoopie pies!!! I can't freaking wait!
#28 of 50 Old 02-14-2010, 11:19 AM

Likes Earned: 24
Likes Given: 46
Happy Valentine's Day!

Red Velvet Heart Shaped Whoopie pies. I'm heading to Wisconsin today. Seriously.

Either I am a really good Mom or a total sucker. DS's best pal from Wisconsin called earlier in the week to invite RJ to his birthday party. I agreed to take him. SO 9 hours in the car yesterday to take him there and another 8-9 hours in the car today to go get him. I am NEVER going to agree to this again. uuuugh. My back. My ass. Thank God for Yoga.

Fun: Tonight we're going to make heart shaped pizza for dinner!

Crap. I really need to get on the road soon and I'm still in my bathrobe sucking down coffee.

#29 of 50 Old 02-14-2010, 11:23 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 12
Likes Given: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by wipaddler View Post
and I just got an email from a farmer my friend is trying to set me up with. So far the guy knows how to use spell check and proper grammar.
Oooohhh! This sounds promising.

As opposed to my situation...this guy who emailed me last week and wanted to meet for lunch (and who asked for my number to set up said lunch).....

never contacted me.

New entry in Boyspeak Dicitonary:
"May I get your phone number so we can arrange a time to meet?" = "I'm never going to contact you EVER AGAIN."

"The difference between a jogger and a runner is an entry blank."  ~ George Sheehan

#30 of 50 Old 02-14-2010, 11:35 AM

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by aemerryman View Post
Oooohhh! This sounds promising.

As opposed to my situation...this guy who emailed me last week and wanted to meet for lunch (and who asked for my number to set up said lunch).....

never contacted me.

New entry in Boyspeak Dicitonary:
"May I get your phone number so we can arrange a time to meet?" = "I'm never going to contact you EVER AGAIN."

Ann, I don't know if I said this here, but 2 weeks ago, I got a txt from someone saying "Got plans tonight?". I responded "who is this?"

Turns out it was a guy I'd gone on a date with that I'd met online...IN OCTOBER! We'd gone out once, txted briefly after saying let's do it again and then I never heard from him again. Not that I cared but 3 freaking months later, he wants to know if I want to go again???

Um, no. I'm not even close to that desperate.

"And all our fears were in vain, a dream, just like the Lord said."
- Jack Kerouac, Desolation Angels

Yeah, I have a blog....
#31 of 50 Old 02-14-2010, 12:04 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 19
I know alot of folks love the Hearts Day stuff, but I just can't get into it. So happy beautiful day, sunny-good-run, Sunday to all!!!

And fingers crossed for ya Wippy!
#32 of 50 Old 02-14-2010, 12:13 PM
Special Member

I'm spending Valentine's Day with my new love: It's a Grind coffee shop. Yesterday was almost a completely wasted day and today, I.must.finish.this.project. So, as soon as I eat some fruit and blow-dry my hair, I'm off to get academic!

"It is our choices . . . that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
Praecipua in Pink
#33 of 50 Old 02-14-2010, 12:20 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its the year of the tiger - woot!

i had a pretty crazy day at work yesterday and didn't get home until 1230am. the highlight of it, however, was a beautiful birth of a little girl whose parents have been waiting a very, very long time for her arrival and tried several methods to conceive. there wasn't a dry eye in the room.

i'm vegging out today and nursing my round ligament (see run post). i think 17 hrs on my feet yesterday made it angry!

p.s. POTY (parent of the year) award goes to.......................... JEN!!!!!!
#34 of 50 Old 02-14-2010, 12:23 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGahoona View Post
Happy Valentine's Day!

Red Velvet Heart Shaped Whoopie pies. I'm heading to Wisconsin today. Seriously.

Either I am a really good Mom or a total sucker. DS's best pal from Wisconsin called earlier in the week to invite RJ to his birthday party. I agreed to take him. SO 9 hours in the car yesterday to take him there and another 8-9 hours in the car today to go get him. I am NEVER going to agree to this again. uuuugh. My back. My ass. Thank God for Yoga.

Fun: Tonight we're going to make heart shaped pizza for dinner!

Crap. I really need to get on the road soon and I'm still in my bathrobe sucking down coffee.
god where does this kid live???

The pie part of the whoopie will be baked today but the thing will get it's whoopie filling tomorrow. There isn't a chance in **** I would make it thru today and tomorrow with those things fully constructed in my house. We are having a VD, Mardi Gras, presidents day pot luck on tuesday so these and the espresso shortbread cookies are my contribution.
#35 of 50 Old 02-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
Morning!

Ack. I have to do interview prep today, but would rather watch the olympics.

GO WIPPY!!!

Happy New Year Missy! So... what do you do about that ligament?

Ohhhhhhh..... rigor mortis is setting in...
#36 of 50 Old 02-14-2010, 01:54 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Given: 6
G'morning all - forgot it was Valentines Day today. All I know is it's foggy like heck right now outside.

Took care of the parking ticket stuff yesterday in one lengthy online traffic school session. Traffic school (especially the online version) is something of a joke, but it was sort of fun re-remembering some of those things I learned back in HS.

Also got my computer data backup finished. I'm hoping that this free repartitioning utility can repartition my laptop, or else I'm going to have to clean boot the thing and start over (which may not be a bad thing necessarily)

Wippy - sounds promising indeed; good luck!

How to run a marathon: Step 1: You start running. There is no Step 2
- Joe
My Newest Blog
#37 of 50 Old 02-14-2010, 02:01 PM
Addicted Member

Well, feck. I have to answer this "conversation framework" questionaire.

Give a specific example of the impact that (your) work has made or explain how your work has positively impacted your current or former organization?

Describe your work style.

What are your strengths and weaknesses in dealing with difficult people?

Describe a challenge you have overcome in your work.

What can you do for a client?

What is the best environment for you to work in?

I guess I'm glad I have time to think about this stuff before the interview, but gaaaaaa..... hate this stuff.
#38 of 50 Old 02-14-2010, 02:06 PM
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katholeenie View Post
Well, feck. I have to answer this "conversation framework" questionaire.

Give a specific example of the impact that (your) work has made or explain how your work has positively impacted your current or former organization?

Describe your work style.

What are your strengths and weaknesses in dealing with difficult people?

Describe a challenge you have overcome in your work.

What can you do for a client?

What is the best environment for you to work in?

I guess I'm glad I have time to think about this stuff before the interview, but gaaaaaa..... hate this stuff.
Kath - there are probably a few sites that have advice like this, but it here's one primer on how to/how not to answer those types of questions

http://www.wisebread.com/how-to-answ...view-questions

- Joe
My Newest Blog
#39 of 50 Old 02-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Addicted Member

Thanks Moon!!! Definitely going to take a look at that link.

I just got off the phone with FIL's wife, who is the director of HR at a company here. We went through the whole list of questions (the above was just a sample) and she told me what they were looking for in each question and how to tweak what I was going to say (which was actually pretty ok, but she helped make it better.)

#40 of 50 Old 02-14-2010, 04:01 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 39
Likes Given: 9
Happy Valentines day everybody. Special thanks to Prae for the wonderful card with the great pix. Next year I think you should consider doing a cello pose.
#41 of 50 Old 02-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Special Member

I'm glad that everyone is enjoying the VD card. I do wonder why it took so long to reach all of you. I put it in the mail on Tuesday. Ah well.

I recently found out about a group called RTO (Really Terrible Orchestra), which is a group of strings and flutes that meet once a month to play. The music is supposed to appeal to all playing abilities, from beginners to really good players, but they never perform anywhere. They just play for fun. I'm currently on hiatus from lessons (though I hope to restart in March), but maybe next year I'll look into playing with them. My playing ability would definitely fit with the description.

Status update: I'm making progress on my paper, but not enough. I think this may just be the first conference in my life where I make a complete fool of myself. Or, I may pull it out yet. Back to it.

"It is our choices . . . that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
Praecipua in Pink
#42 of 50 Old 02-14-2010, 04:37 PM
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy1102 View Post
HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its the year of the tiger - woot!
I bet Tiger Woods is happy to hear that. He probably is in quite a dry spell currently!
#43 of 50 Old 02-14-2010, 04:52 PM
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by praecipua View Post
I recently found out about a group called RTO (Really Terrible Orchestra), which is a group of strings and flutes that meet once a month to play. The music is supposed to appeal to all playing abilities, from beginners to really good players, but they never perform anywhere. They just play for fun. I'm currently on hiatus from lessons (though I hope to restart in March), but maybe next year I'll look into playing with them. My playing ability would definitely fit with the description.
I imagine they play better than these folks (this was from one of my fave albums I played from my college deejay days when I just wanted to throw some weird stuff out on the airwaves)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs7QdpF0DE8

- Joe
My Newest Blog
#44 of 50 Old 02-14-2010, 05:41 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
Likes Given: 1
House pic (hopefully)
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...c&id=630032081

Don't believe everything you think
#45 of 50 Old 02-14-2010, 06:19 PM
Special Member

Amy, it looks very spacious! I love the bathroom.

Praecipua in Pink
#46 of 50 Old 02-14-2010, 08:03 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

woot woot!!! The dog is gone!!! woot woot!!! Now the cat can come down stairs, there will be no hissing or barking or snoring. AAAAHHHH a good nights sleep.
#47 of 50 Old 02-14-2010, 09:14 PM
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wipaddler View Post
...there will be no ..... snoring. AAAAHHHH a good nights sleep.
In light of your earlier comment, you know Jack snores, right?
#48 of 50 Old 02-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Special Member

DD1 and I just got back from the Eugene Ballet. They performed in front of a live Pink Floyd tribute band playing Dark Side of the Moon. It was nice to watch a ballet all the way through without nodding off.
#49 of 50 Old 02-14-2010, 10:14 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

on a scale of 1 to 10 Red Velvet Whoopie pie making

NEGATIVE 8 Billion. What a pain in the ass! sweet jesus they had better taste freaking fantstic or I'm going to be super pissed.
#50 of 50 Old 02-15-2010, 01:46 AM

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 5
OMG, I had THE most fun Valentine's dinner ever. My upstairs neighbors texted me this afternoon saying, come up when you get home from rehearsal, we're having our ravioli dinner. Apparently one year, Andy asked Kate what she wanted for Valentine's day and she jokingly said heart shaped ravioli...and he stayed up all night making them, so now it's a tradition.

I went up when I got home. It was K & A, Brian and Scott from across the street, and another couple, and good god, I was laughing so hard at times, I couldn't breathe.

The discussion around why penises are called dicks was only one of the hilarious things that came up (hehe, no pun intended!)

I really love where I live. And they made this first Valentine's Day alone memorable in the very best way.

"And all our fears were in vain, a dream, just like the Lord said."
- Jack Kerouac, Desolation Angels

Yeah, I have a blog....

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page