Friday FUNday 2/5 - Page 3 - KickRunners.com

#51 of 70 Old 02-05-2010, 07:37 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 19
Likes Given: 0
Most fainting spells are due to blood pressure - the body's self correcting reset switch. . I'm sure you'll be fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#52 of 70 Old 02-05-2010, 07:37 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Jeeze bOb! I'm hoping it's a quick in and out at the hospital. GOOD LUCK!! and quit falling over will you!

ok people. Have you ever said you would do something for someone and then when you actually have to do it regret you ever said yes? not for any reason other than you don't want to and you're lazy? I'm in that position for 2 separate baby sitting gigs right now. One for a dog for this week and one for a kid in 2 weeks. The kid one pays buco bucks though so I really couldn't turn it down and this will help promote my friend at work ( the mom) which in turn will make me look good when I get a face to face interview with her boss (crossing fingers)
#53 of 70 Old 02-05-2010, 07:52 PM
Special Member

just to let you guys know I'm a total instigating pain in the ass today. I was in meetings all day just getting people riled up and thinking... and seriously you don't want my work group to start thinking all **** breaks loose.

#54 of 70 Old 02-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 6
Yikes boB! Take care, man - I hope it's just one of those things and nothing more

I'm realizing I probably don't need as much coffee as I'm drinking - taking back my old duties almost by default keeps me mentally hopping (which is probably why I'm feeling so worn out of late when I get back home...ahh, well)

How to run a marathon: Step 1: You start running. There is no Step 2
- Joe
My Newest Blog
#55 of 70 Old 02-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1
Yeah, free wifi access for my iPhone here in the hospital. So I can stay in touch while the iv is in my arm...

Nice crack about my baldness, Maria. That made Maggie laugh out loud.

Still no idea what happened. Apparently I didn't have a stroke or a heart attack. They want to do a cat scan, I think to see if I got a concussion from the fall. All the vitals look fine. (I've had to say that I'm a runner a few times to explain the low heart rate). So I still don't know what happened. It's kinda busy in the hospital now, so it may be a while before I get my cat scan. Thank goodness I got the wifi...
#56 of 70 Old 02-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19
(((boB))) jeez.

Ok. Geoff was getting on me about my resume being ugly (it was in Word) so I just re-laid it out in InDesign and am going to make a pdf. (It's beautious, btw )

But I'm struggling with a cover letter. Man, these things are a PITA.
#57 of 70 Old 02-05-2010, 08:26 PM
Special Member

HFS, Bob!!! sorry to hear about the tumble. So glad you didn't crack your noggin on the way down.

Take care, pal.

. . .  And in music news, number one on the college charts this summer was Better than Ezra.   And at number two:  Ezra.

#58 of 70 Old 02-05-2010, 08:47 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 23
Likes Given: 14
Sorry to hear about your fainting and falling episode boB. I hope they don't find anything between your ears that ain't supposed to be there.

Kris
#59 of 70 Old 02-05-2010, 09:14 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 7
Holy frack, Bob! I was in the fit thread, wondering why you wouldn't be getting your 20 miler in...

Hope you come through with just a little headache from the fall!
#60 of 70 Old 02-05-2010, 09:23 PM
Addicted Member

YEEHAW!!! Gotta love Will. He helped tweak the cover letter and it (and my resume and samples) is now on it's way to the CEO. Good deal.

And now I can have dinner.
#61 of 70 Old 02-05-2010, 10:20 PM
Special Member

Oy vey Bob!

Good luck Kath!!

My kiddos and the neighbor kiddos built a kick butt snowman this evening and while we were eating dinner, the pain-in-the-butt-high-school kids knocked it down. Seriously! How uncool is that?!?!?!? Dumbarses!
#62 of 70 Old 02-05-2010, 10:21 PM

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 5
so...I am apparently the squeaky wheel.

I made a couple of calls. Turns out the reason is freakin' cold in here (I have my laptop with me at the theatre tonight) is because the back furnace is out of oil. Because I called the president of the club when I did, they were able to set up delivery in the morning, and I put some space heaters in the dressing rooms earlier and cranked up the front furnace so the house isn't freezing.

"And all our fears were in vain, a dream, just like the Lord said."
- Jack Kerouac, Desolation Angels

Yeah, I have a blog....
#63 of 70 Old 02-05-2010, 10:36 PM
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccabex View Post
My kiddos and the neighbor kiddos built a kick butt snowman this evening and while we were eating dinner, the pain-in-the-butt-high-school kids knocked it down. Seriously! How uncool is that?!?!?!? Dumbarses!

That SUCKS!!!!!

I enjoy looking at all the goofy snowmen along my runs.
#64 of 70 Old 02-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Addicted Member

AAAAAAA!!!! You know what just occurred to me? I've MET the CEO lady I just sent my resume to! My friend Alison brought her to one of my pottery sales. I'm not sure if it was August '09 or the year before. Ok. So we at least know she likes my pots.

#65 of 70 Old 02-05-2010, 11:41 PM
Special Member

Likes Given: 4
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TONYA!!!!!!!!!!

bob! crap! and stuck in an ER on a fri night, too?? double crap!

i hope you get in and out soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccabex View Post
the pain-in-the-butt-high-school kids knocked it down!
there is a special place in **** for people who do things like that!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katholeenie View Post
So we at least know she likes my pots.
NICE! will keep my fingers crossed!

another exhausting week of work is done. thankfully, we have relief coming next week so it'll improve. i'm excited b/c my running, housekeeping, dogwalking, and cooking duties have gone to the shitter!!! have to do some major cleaning before our SB party sunday and i am making TONS of guac
#66 of 70 Old 02-05-2010, 11:46 PM
Special Member

Likes Given: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningINnyc View Post
On Grand? JEALOUS!
uh huh. its down the street from my LES clinic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Doughnut plant is on my list. It was an episode of...something on Travel Channel or something and it looked amazing!!!
it IS amazing! i went back after lunch today and got 4 more and almost had a doughnut orgrasm in my office as i ate the tres leches.. SO yum! i used to be a krispy kreme fan but these put KK to shame! (confession: the Lime later forced me to eat the carrot cake doughtnut which i hadn't planned on eating until tomorrow)
#67 of 70 Old 02-06-2010, 12:17 AM
Addicted Member

mmmmmmmmm. guac.

OOF. Dh has to go to work in a couple hours, so I just shoveled the drive before heading up to bed. Good thing, because I haven't looked out since @4pm and.... we have BIG drifts, one of which was across the front of the garage. Big as in he wouldn't be able to get the jeep out of the garage big. And another big drift running along the side of the house.

It seems to have mostly stopped snowing, but it is so WINDY what snow we have is blowing all over. Well, the top layer is blowing. The bottom layer of snow is wet and heavy.

Kris, if you come up this way tomorrow be careful.

Ok. I'm gonna go crawl in bed so Dh can warm my hiney up. It is REALLY freaking cold.
#68 of 70 Old 02-06-2010, 02:09 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1
Okay, I'm back home. Sheesh, I was there for like 8 hours. Ugh. Anyway, they ran a ton of tests and couldn't find anything wrong with me other than a case of sinusitis. They think it might be related, but they don't know. I feel fine now (just really tired), and they don't think there will be any lingering effects. The only problem is that my left knee is killing me. I apparently twisted it pretty badly when I passed out and fell over.

Sheesh. Well, this was scary. And the scariest part is that two minutes later I would have been behind the wheel of the car. I could have killed all three of us. Wow...
#69 of 70 Old 02-06-2010, 02:26 AM

Bob, did you have any warning or did you just go down out of the blue? I usually get warm and clammy and vision and hearing starts to get wonky before I go down. Sometimes nausea too.

I was diagnosed with SA node dysfunction in 2002 and ended up with a pacemaker after passing out at work. Of course I've had the problem since I was a kid, undiagnosed.

Glad they didn't find anything wrong. Probably a combo of your low heart rate and a drop in BP. Hope your knee is okay.
#70 of 70 Old 02-06-2010, 09:14 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 23
Likes Given: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by katholeenie View Post
Kris, if you come up this way tomorrow be careful.
Yeah, not happening. Last night I was thinking there was only about a 10% chance of it anyway, but Seneca and Sandusky counties are under level 3 snow emergencies (and most of the rest between here and there are level 2). It would be stupid to drive up. I'd get arrested even if I didn't end up off the side of the road.

Kris

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page