Thurs fun 1/28 - KickRunners.com

#1 of 43 Old 01-28-2010, 04:37 AM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 5
I hope I have the date right. I'm not even sure it's Thurs.

I'm still up. Got home from costume work after midnight, and I needed time to wind down. now it's 2:30 and I really need to get to bed.

anyhoo...talk to you all later today.

"And all our fears were in vain, a dream, just like the Lord said."
- Jack Kerouac, Desolation Angels

Yeah, I have a blog....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 43 Old 01-28-2010, 09:44 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 66
Likes Given: 19

ihatemyjobihatemyjobihatemyjob
#3 of 43 Old 01-28-2010, 09:59 AM

Likes Earned: 11
Likes Given: 0
Morning!

I slept like a rock last night, nothing disturbed me! Woot woot, I needed that.

Kath sending you better day vibes, hope they work!!!!

I have TONS of paperwork to do and can't seem to find the motivation to do it. Once a year our lab notebooks get filmed so the week prior is always a mad rush to update. I have to turn mine in Tues. And still, can't make myself do it!!!

Off to get some coffee!!!

#4 of 43 Old 01-28-2010, 10:12 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1
I used to hate my job. Now I'm just bored with it.

In a related story, I bought my Mega Millions tickets last night...
#5 of 43 Old 01-28-2010, 10:30 AM
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Kath sending you better day vibes, hope they work!!!!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBob View Post
I used to hate my job. Now I'm just bored with it.
I'm annoyed with a situation that the only way I can improve is to leave. I can tolerate stuff for so long, and then SNAP! I just. can't. I need to get out before I go postal.
#6 of 43 Old 01-28-2010, 10:36 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 28
Anyone else having trouble imagining Kath going Postal? Can you stop smiling long enough?

Hopefully today will be a day of tying up a lot of loose ends and getting some tickets closed. Of course, I've thought that could happen for the last two weeks, so who knows!

Don't believe everything you think
#7 of 43 Old 01-28-2010, 10:40 AM
cus
Special Member

Likes Earned: 18
Good Morning,

Solar, sorry to hear about your Grandma. My prayers are going out for you and your family.

I got the kids out of bed, dressed, fed and ready for school...but, uh, they had a two hour delay. I'm not the most popular person in the house right now. Ooops.

Pacers late night QOD - I had one grandparent growing up and she was Grandma. My kids call my Mom "Tall Grandma" and MIL "Short Grandma". It's extra funny because those have become their names to everyone else too. All the kids in both families, family friends, kid's friends and even they refer to each other as "tall & short grandma"
#8 of 43 Old 01-28-2010, 10:48 AM
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amichel View Post
Can you stop smiling long enough?
Yes.

Big Irish temper. BIG. Takes a lot to get it going, but once it does look out. I really avoid that happening.
#9 of 43 Old 01-28-2010, 10:56 AM

I didn't see the QOD last night from Pacer. But in DH's family it is a mess!!! Grandpa's are called uncle, other people are just called by their first name, some people get an aunt or uncle attached to the name, some don't. I need a score card. My family, that's another story. My dad is poppy, EVERYONE calls him that now, even my friends, he loves it. Little man calls his GF Nanny but apparently my brother and SIL find that disrespectful. Whatever. My nephew knew my mom, she was his nan, so I get why he wouldn't call her Nanny. But my little man never got to meet my mom and my dad's GF treats him like he is her grandson. My bro and SIL are off their rockers 90% of the time anyway!
#10 of 43 Old 01-28-2010, 11:13 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 4
good morning all!

another insanely hectic week is coming slowly to an end, and we had a meeting this morning that was cancelled so i have an extra half hour on my hands. thought i'd drop in and say HUUULLLLOOOO!

my condolences to lora and your family.

(((kath)))

my job sucks my soul out but in a fulfilling way - at least its for the benefit of others and i feel like i'm making a difference in a few people's lives. so while its demanding and i may complain, at the end of the day i know its for the collective good of my community

tim, i feel your pain. sort of. my sister is 10 years younger than me so i essentially was a second part of sorts - her teenage years were very difficult on the entire family. hang in there. for her, she seemed to turn the corner around 16-17 and it improved significantly by 18.

dh and i are headed home to CA for the weekend tomorrow. its a brief trip - we'll be taking the last flight out of JFK to get in fri night 11pm and then the red eye leaving sun night at 11pm to go straight to work monday. ooff. it'll be fun to see the families, however, and everyone is super excited to see me. (dh, too, but you know. i'm more valuable right now than he is ) we plan on soaking in tons of sun and eating in'n out, pho, mexican (mexican sucks here in manhattan, surprisingly), and moms' cooking - yay!!!
#11 of 43 Old 01-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10
Ahh, kath, I can sympathize. I use to feel the same way about my old job.

Have a great trip missy.
#12 of 43 Old 01-28-2010, 11:24 AM
Special Member

Missy-wish you were here longer- I'd love to meet ya! Lori- Christy's husband is my old boss- the one who quit right after I got back from maternity leave so I'm now doing his job plus mine. He and I have lunch every few weeks so I can complain about my job(s). I've actually only met Christy twice I think but she seems super nice.

Add me to unhappy jobers. I know I should be grateful that I have a job but I'm just over it. DH had his review yesterday and got a nice raise so at least someone in this house is happy with their job.

Duck- did I read that your house is almost paid off? Wow- that's great. I can't even imagine.
#13 of 43 Old 01-28-2010, 11:46 AM

Likes Earned: 24
Likes Given: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amichel View Post
Anyone else having trouble imagining Kath going Postal? Can you stop smiling long enough?
Well, there was THIS look:

I made peanut butter bacon cookies last night. They're not as bacon-ey as I thought they'd be. They're okay I guess. Brought them in to work since the kids aren't gonna eat them. DD told me I ruined perfectly good peanut butter cookies. heh.

((((solar))))) Sorry to hear about your Grandma.

QODY: We referred to my grandmas by their last names. Grandma Lewis and Grandma Chenoweth. But when we were with them, we just called them Grandma.

Two hour meeting this a.m. Gotta run.
#14 of 43 Old 01-28-2010, 12:03 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Given: 2
Mornin'

(((Kath, Kristi, Missy and Lora)))

I could use a few more hours in the day... I like my job but dang, there's only so much I can handle in a given day w/out my brain asploding everywhere. Plus there are some less-than-loved coworkers. Oh the stories I could tell.

Anywho, looks like I might FINALLY get to exercise those painting skillz this weekend. WOOOOHOOOOO. That house is gonna look so dang pretty
#15 of 43 Old 01-28-2010, 12:15 PM
Special Member

Not fun: Already being at work when they decide to cancel school for the day!

So we start out with a 2 hr delay, I get my kids off to school (no delay for them), check the TV. Yep, still a delay. Take a shower, check TV. Still a delay. Get dressed, check TV. You see where this is headed, right? I wait until the last possible minute to leave for work b/c it's a 30 minute drive and the roads are a mess. Check TV - still delayed. Drive to work, nearly getting into 2 accidents b/c the drivers in front of me are stupid. (Thank you Anti-Lock Brakes). As I pull into the parking lot, the radio dj announces the update to a closure. Grrrrrrrrr!
#16 of 43 Old 01-28-2010, 12:18 PM
Special Member

Just caught up in yday's run thread - I'm very sorry about your grandma Solar.
#17 of 43 Old 01-28-2010, 12:29 PM - Thead Starter

Shoot...I never read the run thread anymore and didn't know about Solar's grandmother.

I'm so sorry, Lora. Peace to you and your family. My condolences.

Yeah, I have a blog....
#18 of 43 Old 01-28-2010, 12:40 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Given: 6
Hi all - majorly behind in sleep, so I took the ferry in this morning just to grab some extra nap time.

(((Lora))) Job-related and other general hugs also to (((Kath, kj, Maria, Lori))) and anyone else who needs 'em

Missy - safe travels back to the left coast here! Have fun!

QOD revisited: I guess the main reason for the simple grandma/grandpa titles for me was because I never got the chance to meet my grandparents on my dad's side. I do love my youngest brother's kids references - when they talk to our side of the family, they use geography (i.e. "my grandma from Union City"wink.gif to avoid confusion

How to run a marathon: Step 1: You start running. There is no Step 2
- Joe
My Newest Blog
#19 of 43 Old 01-28-2010, 12:47 PM
Addicted Member

I accidentally called my current boss by my former boss's name this morning. (luckily he didn't notice)

Beau the bulldog keeps humping my leg.

I have nothing to work on.

Stellar day so far.
#20 of 43 Old 01-28-2010, 12:57 PM - Thead Starter

Kath and *hugs* to everyone struggling at work or home right now.

I slept like a rock and woke up 7+ hours after I went to bed, which is good. Tonight might be another long night, although we got a ton of stuff done last night, most of the alterations. I have to finish working on two hats today, finish off a hem on the sash of one of the gowns, and then iron or steam EVERYTHING. Oy. I asked two of my friends to come in tonight to help my asst and I do that. I think I'll even bring in my own iron and board so we can have two going at once.

QOYish: I never met my mother's father, so we just refer to him as Walter or Ma's father, but her mother was Gramma. My other grandparents are Nani and Moe; Moe's Moe because my cousin was severely retarded and older than me and he mispronounced "Nano" (Sicilian for Grampa) to "Moe". My grandfather's name is Mauro, or anglicized Maurice, so Moe made sense. So, we call him Moe. They are both still living. My nie-phews are always confused when someone calls me Moe.

Yeah, I have a blog....
#21 of 43 Old 01-28-2010, 12:58 PM

Likes Earned: 0
Hi. Got to sleep in today. Delicious! Not much planned. Maybe dress shopping if my friend doesn't have to take her fiance to the ER.

I found out Tue night my Aunt Sally is in the CCU at Captial Health in Trenton. She was taken there on Monday but had been in the hospital here since last week. This is the sister of the aunt who passed away in June. She has cancer and has been getting chemo and radiation for some time now. She had a stroke on Sat but had been in for chronic back pain originally. Trying to reach my cousins for more info.

Sorry to hear about your grandma, Lora. I hope you find strength and support in your family and friends. Sending special thoughts and prayers your way.
#22 of 43 Old 01-28-2010, 01:03 PM

Kel what's up with Ed?! And what's up with your family not telling you when people are in the hospital? They did that last time too!!! Call me if you need anything!
#23 of 43 Old 01-28-2010, 01:05 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Could not get out of bed this morning. Well, not bed, since I slept on the couch. I woke up at 4:30 and just decided to stay there. Still, didn't get up to run and like Tuesday, I'm about two hours behind schedule. I'll leave within the half hour.

All of my grandparents are now deceased, and my dad's father died when he was 3, so we just called him Grampa Nick when talking about him. (I remember getting marked down for spelling in a 3rd grade reading class because I wrote about my Grama Floros and Grama Fisher and I was so angry because the teacher didn't have any right to criticize what I called my grandparents. They were Grama not Grandma! There was no "d" sound!) My surviving grandfather was Pap. My parents have different names, depending on which set of grandkids is talking. They're Grandma and Pop-Pop from my sister's kids and Grammy and Gramps from my brother's kids. I don't like Grammy and Gramps, so I still refer to them as Grandma and Pop-Pop, which makes my brother's daughter really mad. Deal with it. You're 7, I'm 34. Big wins. What I really hate is that my SIL wants her kids to call me Aunt Kakie because my dad's mom called me Kakie (her English was never very good), but it's too close to Katie, which I hate as a name for myself, so I put the kibosh on that, but they still slip up every once in a while. Boo!

Off to read student papers!

"It is our choices . . . that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
Praecipua in Pink
#24 of 43 Old 01-28-2010, 01:09 PM

Moonie I have been meaning to catch up on my blog reading, headed over to your today. You do an amazing job at painting a pic with your words, can't wait to read more!!

Prae my nephew couldn't say Lori for the longest time so he called me Aunt Rudy (no idea why Rudy was easier!!) He is now 8 and still calls me that. I am not a fan. But seems as though my family has always had one person end up getting stuck with a mispronounced name so I doubt I can esacpe it
#25 of 43 Old 01-28-2010, 02:27 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 2
Thanks, everyone

Kelly - good vibes for your aunt.

solarpoweredlife
If today was perfect, there would be no need for tomorrow.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page