Where did the week go?! - KickRunners.com

#1 of 1 Old 03-12-2011, 07:54 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 0

I had planned on posting every couple of days, but life certainly has gotten in the way!

First off, since my screen name is 4boysmom, and I'm blogging about how a mom of four boys finds the time to train, let me introduce the gang.

Hubby and I met in college, winter quarter '87.  He graduated with a degree in Engineering the following quarter.  He's worked with armor/anti-armor most of his career.  We've been married for 20yrs.

Son1 is a senior in high school, attending college full time.  He still doesn't know what he wants to be when he grows up, but has really enjoyed his Government and Microeconomics classes, so maybe something in business or government?  He started bicycling with me in '05, and has two seasons with HFP racing ('08 duathlon, '10 triathlon).  He's also done 2 seasons with deCycles where they average 1800 miles in 3 weeks.  

Son2 is a junior in high school.  He was home schooled until last year.  Math and computers come pretty easy to him, so I suspect he'll end up in some engineering field.  He did a bit of bicycling and a few races, but really isn't into anything that son1 is into.  I'm good with that.

Son3 is in 8th grade.  This is his first year of public school.  He also does well with math.  He and son2 are close, and because son2 isn't into sports, neither is son3.  

Son4 is in 6th grade and home schooled.  Boy Scouts has been keeping him busy this year.  He ran a few kids races a couple years ago and has expressed an interest in running a 5K.  I might just make that part of PE this spring!  

And, of course, no family could be complete without pets!  We have three dogs, two birds, and one snake.  So we have a full house!

As far as training...  it's been a busy week.

Saturday--long run, 10m 8:52pace

Sunday--2000m swim, 18mi ride (shortened due to flooding)

Monday--sick day!  I'm never sick, but spent the day in bed.

Tuesday--2000m swim

Wednesday--track, middle miles at race pace, 6m

Thursday--2000m swim

Friday--attempt at a long run, wasn't happening and bagged it at 2.25m

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page