A Rainy Day... - KickRunners.com

#1 of 1 Old 10-29-2009, 06:26 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Written October 9, 2009 by robmckim2:
It was just another cold, rainy Friday morning as I got my 8 yr old ready for school. I knew that I needed to try to get some form of run in today but just didn’t “feel like it”! We all know those days, when you just want to stay in bed and sleep or at the very least, lie around and be lazy.

So I went ahead and got dressed for a run, just in case I convinced myself that I had to; I got my Garmin Forerunner 305 and grabbed my bottle of water and cup of coffee and out the door I went to take the son to school. I decided that if I was running today it had to be off-the-roads and so I headed to town to run at McLane Park; there is a nice little paved trail that’s roughly a 1 mile loop; I can run without worrying about traffic and I decided wanted to listen to my iPod today.

They say the hardest part is getting started…

I know I love to run in the rain but I’m still just as surprised today as any day as to just how good it feels! It’s like I can just go and go! I turned on my iPod and set to a Podrunner at 160bpm and just got lost in myself…next thing I know I’ve done 3 miles and feel great! I decided to stretch it out a bit and do 3.5 today just for the heck of it, I’m trying to increase my mileage and endurance!

So then it was time to cool-down…I just kept walking and doing some interval running (VERY easy though) then I was sprinting up and down a couple small hills. All together I ended up doing another 2.5 miles…AS A Cool-Down!!! I know some people that's no big deal, but I don’t usually do a 2.5 mile cool-down! The point is that I was just “feeling it” and didn’t want to stop. I was doing intervals, hill sprints, walking, jogging backwards, forwards even skipping a little! I’m sure I looked like a total dork but there was no one around to see anyway…

It was raining and I was the only idiot out it in running and loving every minute of it!!!

Rob
OlllO
It's a JEEP thing, you wouldn't understand!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page