Awesome oatmeal - KickRunners.com

#1 of 11 Old 05-12-2008, 09:04 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
I got this recipe from www.hungry-girl.com and it is awesome. There are tons of great recipes on that site. I love it!

HG's Complete & Utter Oatmeal INSANITY!

This is, HANDS DOWN, the world's CRAZIEST and most delicious bowl of guilt-free oatmeal!!!

PER SERVING (entire recipe): 179 calories, 3.5g fat, 367mg sodium, 40g carbs, 11g fiber, 3g sugars, 7g protein -- POINTS® value 3*

Ingredients:
1 packet Quaker Instant Oatmeal, Regular
1/4 cup Fiber One bran cereal (original)
1/4 cup light vanilla soymilk
2 tbsp. canned pure pumpkin
2 tbsp. Fat Free Reddi-wip
1 tbsp. sugar-free maple syrup
1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
5 sprays I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! Spray
1 no-calorie sweetener packet (like Splenda)
dash salt

Directions:
Place all ingredients except for Reddi-wip in a microwave-safe bowl. Add 1/4 cup water and stir. Microwave for 45 seconds, stir, and then continue to cook in the microwave for 30 - 40 seconds. Once oatmeal has thickened, remove bowl from the microwave. Add the Reddi-wip, and stir well. Then enjoy the best bowl of oatmeal you've EVER tasted!

MAKES 1 SERVING

I think I may have just gone homo for aphi! ~ Novia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 05-12-2008, 09:46 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 28
Likes Given: 52
What is "sugar-free maple syrup"? If it's sugar-free, it isn't maple syrup. Maybe maple flavored sweetener or something. I'm being nit-picky, I know.

Otherwise, I like the idea of adding pumpkin to oatmeal for a nice change.

This post is not meant to offend, demean or alienate anyone in any way, and if it did so please contact me by PM so I can rectify any offense as may be fitting. The opinions stated above are the sole property of the poster and in no way represent the opinion of this website or its members.

Run,...
#3 of 11 Old 05-12-2008, 11:21 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerbread View Post
What is "sugar-free maple syrup"? If it's sugar-free, it isn't maple syrup. Maybe maple flavored sweetener or something. I'm being nit-picky, I know.

Otherwise, I like the idea of adding pumpkin to oatmeal for a nice change.
I only buy sugar free maple syrup. Its not REAL maple syrup but then neither are most of those brands you see sitting on the shelf at the grocery store.

#4 of 11 Old 05-12-2008, 11:56 AM
Addicted Member

I'm all about the real maple syrup, I have to promote the local products.

This post is not meant to offend, demean or alienate anyone in any way, and if it did so please contact me by PM so I can rectify any offense as may be fitting. The opinions stated above are the sole property of the poster and in no way represent the opinion of this website or its members.

Run,...
#5 of 11 Old 05-12-2008, 12:13 PM
Addicted Member

Seriously!! Ever since I went to Vermont, I can't use anything else. I am on my last bottle of Bragg's.....I hope they mail order!

I do love pumpkin in oatmeal and HG has a rockin' site if you ignore all the convenience foods she hawks.
#6 of 11 Old 05-13-2008, 05:59 AM
Addicted Member

I believe they do, Genie. I've never checked though. Of course, the bottles are heavy so shipping probably costs quite a bit.

Run,...
#7 of 11 Old 05-13-2008, 09:17 AM
Addicted Member

It's worth it though, what I have will not last me til October when I come back.

Hmmm......unless I come back sooner! Is it really crowded in summer up there?
#8 of 11 Old 05-13-2008, 09:21 AM
Addicted Member

I haven't noticed! I suppose it can be. People are out and about more, so I don't know if that's from tourism or just people enjoying the not-cooped-up feeling.

Run,...
#9 of 11 Old 07-09-2019, 10:39 PM

Real madness. I really love sweets, but because of the tendency to corpulence I limit myself. Fortunately, my wife recently found a recipe for Oatmeal Cookies. Very tasty and healthy.
How to Make Easy Healthy Oatmeal Cookies https://club.cooking/recipe/healthy-oatmeal-cookies/
#10 of 11 Old 07-24-2019, 10:19 PM

Coconut Flour Cookies Keto

Look at this wonderful cookie recipe!
Baking without gluten can be tricky. But this recipe for coconut flour cookies is absolutely foolproof and no fail. It is Keto and paleo diet approved as well. Low carb and low sugar, the cookies make for a great wholesome snack when you craving something sweet.
Coconut Flour Cookies Keto - https://club.cooking/recipe/coconut-flour-cookies/
#11 of 11 Old 08-12-2019, 03:04 AM

Royal icing with meringue powder

I like oatmeal cookies in icing! Recipe here
Royal icing with meringue powder
The flavor is subtle and delicious and texture is perfect for decorating cookies. The whole process of decorating becomes effortless and simply fun and the icing is ideal for both flooding and outlining the sugar cookies.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page