Grizzly's Recipe Box: Grizlly's Griddlecakes - KickRunners.com

#1 of 3 Old 09-19-2007, 09:35 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 5
Grizzly's Griddlecakes

Note: You can halve or quarter the recipe if you so choose. This will easily feed a family of four with leftovers...

· 4 cups milk (room temperature is preferable)
· ½ cup melted butter
· 4 eggs
· 4 cups white flour (although we've mixed in buckwheat, spelt, whole wheat... experiment)
· 8 tsps. baking powder
· 8 tbsps. sugar
· 2 tsps. salt
· 1 tsp. ginger powder (or more)
· 1 tsp. cinnamon (or more)
· various fruit (2 apples or pears, a banana, or raspberries, blueberries... experiment)

Beat the milk, butter and eggs in one mixing bowl. In another mix the dry ingredients and add them all at once to the first bowl. Blend together

Then chop in the apples and banana and / or other fruit. We slice finely, although you can do it with larger pieces.

Lightly butter or grease a griddle or frying pan and set over a medium heat.

Fry 'em up.

Put a cookie tray in the over at about 220F to keep them warm until you have enough to begin serving.

Food Memory: It was one of the lowest times of my life as my first marriage was coming undone. We were supposed to be babysitting the three children of friends of ours, but I was left alone with the kids. Sunday morning breakfast I made these pancakes, and the kids loved 'em. Loved 'em so much that apparently their mother could never make pancakes quite like Steven did. She asked what I did and I told her that I just took an old Fannie Farmer recipe and fooled with it. Last time I was back in Montreal the parents mentioned how the youngest daughter (who had been 5 at the time I made them) now at University in England still considers them the best pancakes she'd ever tasted. Funny how something small you do can affect someone - even if you are not feeling particularly swell at the time.

This one is a staple in our home, and this year was the centerpiece of our own family Calgary Stampede breakfast. You'll have to Google that if you've never heard of it before. Yahoooo!

Purveyor of Awesome since 1958.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 09-19-2007, 09:43 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 0
I love reading about your food memories, Grizzly.
#3 of 3 Old 09-19-2007, 10:56 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 28
Likes Given: 52
You're a recipe machine, dude!

Walnuts are a good addition to pancakes with fruit.

This post is not meant to offend, demean or alienate anyone in any way, and if it did so please contact me by PM so I can rectify any offense as may be fitting. The opinions stated above are the sole property of the poster and in no way represent the opinion of this website or its members.

Run,...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page