Grizzly's Recipe Box: "When Harry Met Sally" Pecan Pie Squares - KickRunners.com

#1 of 1 Old 09-19-2007, 08:15 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 5
Grizzly's "When Harry Met Sally" Pecan Pie Squares

· 1 pkg. (Any Brand) Yellow Cake Mix. (The 500g. box)
· ½ cup melted butter
· 4 eggs
· 1½ cups Corn Syrup
· ½ cup brown sugar (packed)
· 1½ tsp. vanilla
· 2 cups toasted chopped pecans

Toast the pecans by spreading them on a cookie sheet and baking at 350f (180c) for 5-10 minutes. Be careful, they continue to toast AFTER you take them out of the oven!

Combine the cake mix, melted butter, and 1 egg in a large bowl. Beat on low speed of mixer until thoroughly mixed, about a minute or so. Keep ⅔ of a cup of the mixture aside. Press the rest in a greased 13"x9" x2" cake pan. Bake at 325f (160c) for 15-20 minutes or until puffed and slightly browned.

Beat the remaining eggs, rest of the cake mix, corn syrup, sugar, and vanilla on low speed to mix (about a minute), or until smoothly blended. Stir in Pecans. Pour evenly over the base.

Bake 40-45 minutes longer or until set. Enjoy warm with ice cream for dessert, or straight from the pan, eating it over the sink to save on wash-up time. Alternatively, you could cool it completely and cut it into bars.

NOTE

1) I don't give a hang how many calories are in this. You shouldn't either. Everything in moderation, blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda. Food is GOOD. Enjoy life can't you?

2) Some people have been known to put some coconut in here. I avoid this kind of person.

3) You will note that there is no alcohol in this recipe. So...? You need my permission to drink? You're old enough ain't you?

Purveyor of Awesome since 1958.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page