Fools 50k & 25k Trail Run - March 28, 2010 - Page 2 - KickRunners.com

#26 of 41 Old 02-04-2010, 10:07 PM
Advanced Member

Likes Earned: 63
Likes Given: 19
Thanks roots! The check is in the mail!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#27 of 41 Old 02-05-2010, 02:17 PM

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Good to see everyone joining the fun. Fools is one of the 2 local trail races I'm proud to still be a "legacy" runner for. My own lack of conditioning will probably keep me far behind you all however.
#28 of 41 Old 02-05-2010, 03:13 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltfranke View Post
Good to see everyone joining the fun. Fools is one of the 2 local trail races I'm proud to still be a "legacy" runner for. My own lack of conditioning will probably keep me far behind you all however.
Glad to see one of the originals in the field.

I'll have to look it up but I don't know if anyone else has done all the Fools FAs as well.

#29 of 41 Old 03-21-2010, 10:13 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 14
Likes Given: 1

..Who's still going ?

... . . and where's the party ? .... Anything going on roots ? Can we get a trail report & mud rating ?

Smile, breathe and go slowly  ~ Thich Nhat Hanh 
#30 of 41 Old 03-23-2010, 09:14 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 18
Likes Given: 35
I'm still coming up for it .. not sure I'll be able to complete it

I will be driving in the morning of but can stay after to eat/drink ... maybe the Winking Lizard in Penisula? we went there the sunday after Akron marathon so it should be open and it's easy to find ...

the PRT is not somewhere to drop my morals and ethics and roll in the mud and muck and pretend those I am talking to aren't really people at all and it's alright to treat them like dirt.
#31 of 41 Old 03-23-2010, 10:43 PM
Advanced Member

Likes Earned: 63
Likes Given: 19
I'm still in! Think positive, Sporti! You did 15 this past weekend, right? Did you have any issues afterwards?

If all else fails, you are more than welcome to hang at the back of the pack. We are pretty fun and rarely ever fall...to slow, ya know!
#32 of 41 Old 03-24-2010, 10:43 PM
Addicted Member

I am sort of a gallow-walker ultra gal ... good clip and walk, good clip and walk ... not-so-much for constant running ... I see a lot of folks at the races I've done!

I am looking forward to meeting you all and running trails and being outside ... and not working! (It'll be the first day I've had off in almost 3 weeks! )

the PRT is not somewhere to drop my morals and ethics and roll in the mud and muck and pretend those I am talking to aren't really people at all and it's alright to treat them like dirt.
#33 of 41 Old 03-25-2010, 09:23 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 12
Likes Given: 5
Good luck this weekend everyone!

SportiG - I like your style.
#34 of 41 Old 03-25-2010, 01:21 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Please don't get mad at me if I don't recognize you by name. I'd appreciate a screen name hint.

Looking forward to Sunday, Fools!
#35 of 41 Old 03-25-2010, 01:39 PM

I'll be helping with registration Saturday afternoon at Vertical Runner and pre-race at the Start. I'll be around the Start/Finish all of Sunday. Please introduce yourself as a Kickrunner if you see me.

Looking forward to the Fools running the hills!

Have faith in you and the things you do.

My (mostly about) Running Blog
#36 of 41 Old 03-25-2010, 04:32 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 14
Likes Given: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sistergoldenhair View Post
. . . Looking forward to the Fools running the hills!

The fool on the hill..
Sees the sun going down,
And the eyes in his head,..
See the world spinning 'round...

Round and round and round..

..Good one sgh !! I hope i'm not out there long enough to see the sun going down but it is possible !!..

..The Diligent Fool

Smile, breathe and go slowly  ~ Thich Nhat Hanh 
#37 of 41 Old 03-28-2010, 10:52 PM
Addicted Member

I missed runNYtrails

and if Captain was there, I missed him too

I did get to meet topodope!!!!

I also saw SGH, razzzzzzzzzz and Bard as they all helped out with the race ...

a great, and very Very VERY muddy, day!!!

#38 of 41 Old 03-29-2010, 11:22 AM

On my last long run, last weekend I was watching a technical part of trail and got clotheslined by a low branch, that knocked me flat. Hurt a bit but got up and finished run. Next morning fell out of bed with extreme dizziness and had to be taken into hospital where I spent next 12 hours undergoing various tests. Still more tests to come, but at this point they figure it to be extreme vertigo possibly as a result of hit to head. Spent the next 5 days in bed, until finally yesterday the world stopped spinning. Really pissed at timing of this as was looking forward to weekend in Ohio. The training was done, hotel booked and had talked my buddy Rob into coming down and doing it with me. Planning on trip to Rock and Roll Hall on Monday.
At any rate it is on my list for next year Roots. Hopefully will get chance to meet everyone before then. Looking now for another race to justify all those long winter runs. Mohican would be perfect but it is sold out so will keep looking.
Congratulations to all those that ran. I'm sure it was a tough but fun day.
#39 of 41 Old 03-29-2010, 10:10 PM
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain View Post
On my last long run, last weekend I was watching a technical part of trail and got clotheslined by a low branch, that knocked me flat. Hurt a bit but got up and finished run. Next morning fell out of bed with extreme dizziness and had to be taken into hospital where I spent next 12 hours undergoing various tests. Still more tests to come, but at this point they figure it to be extreme vertigo possibly as a result of hit to head. Spent the next 5 days in bed, until finally yesterday the world stopped spinning. Really pissed at timing of this as was looking forward to weekend in Ohio. The training was done, hotel booked and had talked my buddy Rob into coming down and doing it with me. Planning on trip to Rock and Roll Hall on Monday.
At any rate it is on my list for next year Roots. Hopefully will get chance to meet everyone before then. Looking now for another race to justify all those long winter runs. Mohican would be perfect but it is sold out so will keep looking.

so sorry to hear that happened, Captain .. hope you are all better real soon!

sorry that Mohican is sold out too

I've sort of got August, Sept and October race weekend per month spoken for on my to-do list ... and with the new jobs can't really request more than a weekend a month off ... will miss the fun I had last summer/fall of trapsing all over the place doing races every other weekend or so

hope to be at a race and actually MEET you this next time ... unlike Rattlesnake last summer

#40 of 41 Old 04-02-2010, 09:46 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportiGrl View Post
I missed runNYtrails

and if Captain was there, I missed him too

I did get to meet topodope!!!!

I also saw SGH, razzzzzzzzzz and Bard as they all helped out with the race ...

a great, and very Very VERY muddy, day!!!

Congrats, Sporti on your comeback 50k. Nice photos, too.

It was a wet one, but all the feedback I've heard has been positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain View Post
Sorry to hear about this, Captain. Send me an email - I will honor your entry for 2011.
#41 of 41 Old 04-02-2010, 09:46 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Lots of media is populating on the front page of the website, including reports, photos, and video:

http://fools50k.blogspot.com/2010/03...nd-photos.html

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page