DC-area Trails Photo Contest (looking for JFK photos, too!) - KickRunners.com

#1 of 5 Old 05-22-2008, 01:32 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
I'm running a photo contest over at the iRunFar blog and thought that some kickrunners folks might be interested or know folks who would be interested. To be eligible for the contest, the photo must be of DC-area trails inside the beltway, from Great Falls Nat'l Park, or on the Billy Goat Trail in Maryland. (Read on for more JFK related info.) As an incentive, the top three photos as determined by voters will receive gift certificates to running stores in addition to the chance of publication in a national running magazine.

As suggested above, I'm also looking for photos from the JFK 50. While there's no prize for the JFK photos, I'll submit my few favorites (or voter favorites, if I get enough submissions) to the editors with the chance they will be published.

Please submit your photos or pass this along to anyone you think might be interested as soon as possible. I will post photos for voting tomorrow night.

Go here to read more about the contest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 05-22-2008, 10:35 PM

I no longer live in DC, but I miss running the trails there and I look forward to seeing the photos!
#3 of 5 Old 05-22-2008, 11:22 PM - Thead Starter

The DC area trails are surprisingly nice once you know where they are. I could spend hours ... ok, I have spent hours running around the likes of Archibald-Glover and Potomac Overlook Parks.

Re DC trail photos, I've received all too few. I have, however, received a bunch of great JFK photos.

#4 of 5 Old 05-23-2008, 11:44 PM - Thead Starter

UltraRunner2B,
I received some last minute photo submissions. Here are my favorite 10 DC-area trail photos that I received: http://irunfar.blogspot.com/2008/05/...rea-trail.html Be sure to vote this weekend.

Other Kickrunners readers may recognize some familiar faces the JFK 50 photo contest I'm also holding this weekend. Take a peek: http://irunfar.blogspot.com/2008/05/...o-contest.html
#5 of 5 Old 05-24-2008, 08:13 AM

Likes Earned: 12
Likes Given: 4
the picture of me and Bob holding hands is the best one Anthony! what a camera man

My Blog

"100 milers are all gallowalking festivals."
-Tim

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page