Jumping back in... - KickRunners.com

#1 of 1 Old 08-03-2009, 10:39 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 1
After completing two months of rehab, following a month break from injury after Boston, I finally toed a starting line once again this past weekend. My original report on this little 10k race is posted here. Full results are here.

Overall I'm pleased with the outcome, even though I was nowhere near peak form. I ran strongly for about the first half of the race, then my lack of fitness, the heat & humidity and the fact that I biked over to race beforehand, all started to catch up to me. On a cooler day, with fresher legs I probably could have gone 2-3 minutes faster overall.

Still, nobody caught me from behind the entire second half, though I did lose out in a finishing duel with the guy ahead of me. Under the circumstances, I'll take a 22 OA finish and 6 AG finish. All in all it was a good performance to build on as I move towards a target race on August 29.

As for the next race, I don't have to wait long...tomorrow, for the club 5k championship race. I've basically got a race a week for the rest of this month. That should help me get sharper now, even while I start ramping the quantity and quality of training back up. And it definitely feels good to get back in the competitive flow again.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page