Change - KickRunners.com

#1 of 1 Old 06-30-2008, 08:40 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Ever get that feeling when a big change is about to come in your life? People you thought would be around forever leave, new people come. Jobs change. Things you once thought were important aren't as important any more. Things you didn't think were important become priorities.

That's what my life feels like right now; full of change.

Granted, I am a proponant of change. I always like to do and see new things, but life altering change...not so much. I've always taken comfort in the things that I counted on as familiar and now everything feels out of whack.

Yesterday...I only ran 6.6 miles...ok...I'm sure some of you are saying what's the big deal? What's this have to do with the subject of change? I'm a distance nazi! I either have to make the specific distance I've set to run or I have to land on an even number distance. 6.5 would have been good, but 6.6...god forbid...it would have driven me nuts. But not yesterday. I was OK with that.

I'm changing, the world around me is changing, and one of the biggest changes in all this is I'm letting myself be ok with that. I'm not gonna fight the change. I'm gonna sit on my hands, keep my mouth shut, and just let it happen.

Now THAT'S a change!

I am certain that your success as a runner, and in all things is due more to the strength of your fighting spirit than anything else. Seabee

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page