Choosing a Marathon Plan - KickRunners.com

#1 of 3 Old 06-12-2008, 12:29 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 1
The temperatures around here finally broke after an evening storm that rolled in on Tuesday night. The mornings have been much more tolerable for running. This morning's run was the best all week and the fastest as well. I felt really strong during the entire run and ran the hills moderately hard. I'm still in base building so I don't really want to push too hard right now.

I originally had intended to follow a marathon training plan by Art Liberman and then I found myself tweaking it because I didn't feel like it was enough mileage (546 training miles total.) However, I am now seriously looking at the Pfitz 18/55 plan and feeling much better about it than the Liberman plan. I will probably end up using Pfitz instead. I've got 5 more weeks of base building before my official training plan begins.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 14
Jill - Being new to Houston - we've had 4 weeks of 90 plus temps and summer doesn't start for another week. Low's in the morning are in the high 70's....

Good luck on your marathon - is it your first one? And be sure to let us know how the training works for you!

Best,

Rich
#3 of 3 Old 06-13-2008, 02:07 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 1
Thanks Rich! This is my first marathon and I am getting very excited about the training.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page