Germany - 2008 - KickRunners.com

#1 of 4 Old 06-04-2008, 12:57 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 14
Well, we've done it. We've booked our accommodations for our November trip.

When we went last year, we stayed a Marriotts. Afterall, it was our first trip to Germany and really didn't know what to expect. And though I speak German and fill very comfortable in the German culture, I wasn't so sure mrs satfix would feel the same. ("Becks" -its all the German she knows!).

Now that she's been exposed to Germany - and it's culture (we spent two days with my German relatives - who speak no/little English), we've taken a bolder approach.

We've booked a Pension (B&B) in Munich - in traditional european style, we even went with the cheaper "shared bathroom" option.

The rate was pretty reasonable - about $80.00 a night . The REAL Find was an apartment for our three days in Nurnburg for the Christmas Festival. We'll arrive on the opening day and then spend three days immersed in everything Christmas - cost about $100.00 a night for the three nights - again, not unreasonable considering we spent more than that last year at the marriott chain.

Germany is the only place in the world where I feel like "me".. That I am who I am - I'm complete there. Hard to explain - yet you know it if you've ever experienced it. 5 months to "me". I can't wait

!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 06-04-2008, 03:35 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 5
Passion?

Purveyor of Awesome since 1958.

#3 of 4 Old 06-04-2008, 03:42 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 14
yeah. perhaps, I'll find it there!

#4 of 4 Old 06-04-2008, 06:18 PM

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Hey Big Bro! Hopefully everything is going well with life and the September event! Given that you are going to Nurnberg, maybe I should book a trip there through work as well. Our headquarters are there and I need to get over there some time. If you haven't been to the castle there, check it out. It is pretty nice.

Take care bud!

Ed Ford

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page