spinning folks - KickRunners.com

#1 of 6 Old 07-17-2009, 07:19 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 12
Likes Given: 0
I am thinking of purchasing a spin bike for the house due to lack of classes in town that fit my schedule. I need something I can do at home in the early mornings to best fit my family schedule--DH leaves for work before I do and my kids are too young for me to leave by themselves. We also live out in the country on very narrow roads with no shoulders, otherwise I'd consider a real bike and a trainer but it wouldn't get a lot of use.

Any recommendations? Is the original Spinner brand the only way to go here? Also, are podcasts or downloads that include the spin routine as well as music? I see there are DVD's but if I am doing this in early morning hours, I would need to put something on my ipod so the rest of the house doesn't wake up.

Thanks,
Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 07-17-2009, 07:52 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 0
Hi,
I'd check craigslist in your area for used Spin bikes to purchase. I always see several. I'd think a bike from Spinning or Schwinn would be good.

I'm not sure on the podcasts... There probably are some with music and instruction, but you might have to pay for them.

I could also share my spin class profiles/routines with you. They are fun.

AKA: Pollyana Buttface
#3 of 6 Old 07-17-2009, 08:06 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 1
do you have a regular road bike that you can buy a trainer for? that would probably be a lot cheaper than buying a spin bike.

I have some running podcast things and they all have music with them, I would imagine the spin ones would too.

#4 of 6 Old 07-17-2009, 08:51 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 0
There are also ways to get Spinnervals (the cool spin type dvds) on to your ipod, I am sure.

AKA: Pollyana Buttface
#5 of 6 Old 07-17-2009, 09:24 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 12

Nope, no regular bike.

The manager at the gym says I can use one of their bikes when they're not actually having a class. I may try that for a while if I can come up with some routines and see if I like it. I need to do something else besides running as I am recovering from an injury so I need to make sure it's not going to aggravate anything before I spend a bunch of money on it.
#6 of 6 Old 07-17-2009, 11:49 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11
Likes Given: 3
lisa,
spin bikes are great but they take a ton of maintenance and something is always breaking on them. (which takes forever to get in and is expensive)
I'd just put in music, turn out the light and ride at the gym as long as they'll let you. Just make sure it's something you love. People either love or hate the spin.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page