Boyerdavea
corrade
Doctor Wu
ellabee
Gingerbread
kimbro
maccabeth
muzicgrl

Okay you rockstars, are you ready to kick some ass?

I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!

I've got two marathons scheduled during this round and will do a minor taper for the first and a regular taper for the second.

Any suggestions for a team name?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 159 Old 10-08-2009, 09:44 AM

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
I'm on board. First time VRAA. Been lurking for several months, so thought it might be time to introduce myself. I am currently training for the Houston Marathon in January. I alwasy run alone, so I thought this would be a good way to keep motivated and be held accountable.

Since Dr. Wu is the captain, how about "Spin Doctors." *EDIT - Ooops, I just realized the Dr. is not the capt...disregard

Looking forward to running with you all...Bart
#3 of 159 Old 10-08-2009, 09:52 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 12
Hi guys! Lots of familiar names/faces here and a few new ones. This is my first time as captain so if I'm not doing something I should be doing please let me know.

I have a couple of races in the upcoming weekends--a 10K this weekend and a half in KC the following weekend. Other than that it's all about base building for me after being injured most of the summer. And losing those last few pounds of injury weight. I do lift weights or cross train several days a week as well. And I've started, again, for the third or fourth time, the hundred push-up challenge. Every little bit counts though! Up to 60 minutes at least.

I'm blanking for a team name at the moment but I'll think about it.

#4 of 159 Old 10-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Special Member

Hiiiiii team!

I have a half marathon I am running this weekend as a training run. I'm in my taper for my 50k in two weeks! eek! So my mileage is for now is on the downward slide, but I'll have other points I'll be able to contribute with weights, cross training and yoga.

I think I may have just gone homo for aphi! ~ Novia
#5 of 159 Old 10-08-2009, 12:50 PM

Likes Earned: 19
Likes Given: 3
Hey team.

I am training for a half ironman toward the end of this round, so I will have some tapering going on but all is well. I should get more than enough points to keep me in the Titanium BA status. Looking forward to another great round.

You can see the details of all my workouts on my Blog.  Happy Training Everyone!  Stay safe out there!

David

#6 of 159 Old 10-08-2009, 01:28 PM

Hey all Team 3-ers - just checking in. I have a half marathon on Saturday, then lots of cross-training planned afterwards to get myself ready for ski season.

Thanks, lkschiller, for captaining our crew!

No name ideas yet, but I'll be thinking on it...
#7 of 159 Old 10-08-2009, 03:31 PM

Good Morning, team mates!
I start training for a half on the 11th, and am looking foward to this round!
No idea of a team name yet, but it should be a fun, fast sounding name cause I think this will be a fun group to run with!
#8 of 159 Old 10-08-2009, 05:10 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

The Asstastics!

#9 of 159 Old 10-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Special Member

i"m here!
#10 of 159 Old 10-08-2009, 05:35 PM

You will have to explain that one to me.

You can see the details of all my workouts on my Blog.  Happy Training Everyone!  Stay safe out there!

David

#11 of 159 Old 10-08-2009, 05:44 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Well, I'm not sure if it started there but... when I did the Reach The Beach Relay a few weeks ago my teammates and I, worn out and somewhat giddy from sleep deprivation and a lot of miles, started making cracks (sorry!) about how awesome our asses were. Somebody came up with the word asstastic. So, you guys are my new mates and I'm sure your asses are asstacular!

#12 of 159 Old 10-08-2009, 08:01 PM

Hmmm...I don't know...while I'm really excited to be one of the new mates, this kinda makes me feel like I got the recycled engagement ring, if you know what I mean.

Not that I have any better ideas. I was trying to work with the fact that there are 12 of us, and combining it with the asstastic theme, I only came up with The Asstacular Twelve. Then, 10 of us have at least one "r" in our usernames (maccabeth and me are the 2 exceptions), but that led me nowhere.

Still thinking, though.
#13 of 159 Old 10-09-2009, 09:45 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 28
Likes Given: 52
Hey, I'm a bit late checking in, was in some software training at work for the past 3 days.

Y'all are going to help get me out to run most days, and walk x-train when I'm not doing that.

It's so I can be all badass and stuff.

I have no races coming up, except a Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving day.

No names come to mind yet, though I do think we all have fabulous asses.

This post is not meant to offend, demean or alienate anyone in any way, and if it did so please contact me by PM so I can rectify any offense as may be fitting. The opinions stated above are the sole property of the poster and in no way represent the opinion of this website or its members.

Run,...
#14 of 159 Old 10-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Special Member

About half the team posts in the daily Kick Ass Chicks in the PRT if that helps at all with ideas for names. Yet another use of the word Ass. Maybe it's just meant to be However, keep in mind that if we say we're going to kick some booty we want to back that up, no falling down! However, don't get yourself injured all in the name of VRAA points either.

A couple of other notes. I did start a spreadsheet to keep track of points to make sure folks are posting in the daily threads and the scoring website. If you're posting in the dailies that's 5 easy bonus points each week. Make sure you get that bonus. Also don't forget those alt workout points--even 5-10 minutes of stretching a day counts for points.

We're missing a couple of folks that haven't checked in but this is Day 1 for scoring points....and I have a rest day, at least from running, since I have a race tomorrow. So my goal is to get on the elliptical at lunch and max out my alt workout points. Hopefully you guys are getting better weather than we are in mid-MO--it's been raining for two days and probably won't quit until tonight.
#15 of 159 Old 10-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11
I'm here, just haven't been around due to overwhelming stuff at work. Got parent conferences back to back all day (one didn't show, so I'm cruising KR for 10 mins!) I'd *like* to get out for a run today, but not sure. It's my sister's birthday and we're going out with her friends tonight. I will be running this weekend though and hopefully hitting the gym tomorrow for weights. I've started with a trainer twice/month plus training for a HM that's in 3 weeks (gulp!) Just got the bike QN lent me fixed up and ready to ride, so I will be doing that, too.

Oh, and I was thinking of "The Killers" or "Schiller's Killers"? Not sure why that came to mind yesterday! lol
#16 of 159 Old 10-09-2009, 03:10 PM

Got my first workout in this morning. It was pretty but it is done.

40 mile bike
5 min transition
12 mile run.

David

#17 of 159 Old 10-09-2009, 03:19 PM

Does running downhill to a dounut store count?
1.5 mile run downhill
2 dounuts and a coffee
1.5 mile walk uphill afterwards.
That should take care of those calories....
#18 of 159 Old 10-09-2009, 06:03 PM

I probably will not get anything tomorrow or Sunday. I have to work from 7 am to 7 am. You read that right, 24 hours. If I get anything it will be minor.

David

#19 of 159 Old 10-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Special Member

Yes!

I think I may have just gone homo for aphi! ~ Novia
#20 of 159 Old 10-10-2009, 12:25 PM

I like it!

David

#21 of 159 Old 10-10-2009, 12:27 PM

We are still missing two that haven't checked in here yet. Capt you might want to PM them and remind them that the game has started. Just in case they forgot or decided not to do it.

David

#22 of 159 Old 10-10-2009, 01:53 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 28
Likes Given: 52
OK I ran yesterday, but won't know how far I ran until Monday, probably. I'll try to find out, but it's challenging with a dial-up connection.

I'll do something today, like walk later.

This post is not meant to offend, demean or alienate anyone in any way, and if it did so please contact me by PM so I can rectify any offense as may be fitting. The opinions stated above are the sole property of the poster and in no way represent the opinion of this website or its members.

Run,...
#23 of 159 Old 10-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Special Member

Greetings, folks. I forgot about this! No idea about a team name. I really don't any of you too well, but glad to be on the team. Let's kick some ass!!!!

Looking foward to this round, I need to build my mileage up and VRAA competition always pushes me. Right now I'm about 20 miles per week running, with a little biking. I have a 10.5 mile trail race tomorrow, a half marathon (at least) next weekend, and hope to be maxing out my alt points with core workouts as often as possible.
#24 of 159 Old 10-10-2009, 02:27 PM

Did 20 minutes of core this morning.
Took a 15 minute walk before work
#25 of 159 Old 10-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Special Member

We're just missing muzicgrl now and she is out of town this weekend but PM sent anyway.

Well yesterday was a dud for me as far as working out but I ran a 10K race plus a couple miles warm-up and am working on my alt workout points.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page