Sick during marathon training... - KickRunners.com

#1 of 4 Old 07-12-2007, 11:23 AM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
How did you get through it?

ugh...I am sick this week, and I just don't have it in me to run. I've missed two runs. Up until this week, I've been so good and motivated. I hadn't missed a single run. My goal was to make it through the training without veering off the schedule. sad.gif

Here are my symptoms: sore throught, full sinuses, achy joints, low fever, swollen glands. pity me, please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 07-12-2007, 11:24 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 1
You should rest. Seriously. Missing a few more days isn't going to do you any harm.
#3 of 4 Old 07-12-2007, 12:09 PM

Likes Earned: 0
i go nuts when i get sick. I start taking airborne twice a day, using coldeeze throat lozenges, drinking lots of green and red teas, taking alka-seltzer sinus, using saline spray, taking allergy pills, using Zicam and sleeping an extra 3 hours a night for a few nights in a row.

#4 of 4 Old 07-20-2007, 12:40 AM
KP
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11
I'm right there with you, was supposed to start some speedwork/Phase II (Daniels plan) for my fall half marathon the week my wife and I left on a 12 day trip, to CA and Asia. Missed more runs than I made. Get back home and into the swing of things again only to be hit with a cold, no sore throat, but still miserable enough that I haven't run since Monday.

Think in situation like this, you need to listen to your body, and if you have enough time, you will recover. Hang in there.

It's not about goal setting, it is about goal achievement.  Anyone can set goals, few are willing to do what it takes to actually achieve them.    Vern Gambetta
My Blog I My Running Log 

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page