5k in Bridgewater, NJ to benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation - KickRunners.com

#1 of 1 Old 04-23-2009, 03:54 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 27
5k Run/1 Mile Walk/Half Mile Kids Run to benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation

Saturday, June 6, 2009 RAIN or SHINE

Where: Duke Island Park, Bridgewater, NJ

When: June 6, 2009 8:30am Kids Race / 9:00am 1 Mile Walk / 9:30am 5K

Why: To Benefit Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation

Awards: Top Female & Male 5K winners, Top Female & Male walkers and ribbons awarded to all Kids

Sign up: Registration is $20.00 for adults, $10.00 for Kids. If registration is received by May 1st the participant will receive a T-Shirt. Late or Day of Race entries may not receive a T-Shirt of their size. All participants and individuals who make a donation will have an opportunity to win a “thank you” basket. The drawing will be held the day of the walk/race. You do not need to be present to win the basket.

Packet Pickup: Packet pickup the day of the race at Duke Island Park at the “Day of Race” registration table beginning at 7:30am.

The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation supports those stricken with Juvenile Diabetes Type 1. This disease typically strikes young children and adolescents and the result is they can no longer produce insulin on their own. They are dependent on insulin injections just to stay alive.

Attached is the race registration form. If you are interested, please email me your registration and mail in a copy of the registration and your donation to the address listed on the bottom of the registration form.

My company is holding the benefit race because we have several employees, including my boss who is organizing it, who's children have recently been diagnosed. We have been asked to include friends and family and are looking for a decent race showing. I thought who better to send this out to than my running family!

Please PM me if you have any questions.
LL

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page