Maryland Double - KickRunners.com

#1 of 4 Old 12-18-2008, 09:23 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Has anyone run the Maryland Double before consisting of the Frederick Half/Full and Baltimore Half/Full? How are the two courses?

I ask because I've never done a half (was supposed to in Sept., but injured in Aug.) so I thought the Frederick Half and then Baltimore Full would be a good progression, plus they're reasonably cheap if you sign up for both.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 12-19-2008, 05:11 PM

I did the Baltimore half marathon in 2008. The half marathoners and full marathoners join together at mile 15 of the marathon course and the two courses are the same after that. Be sure to check out the elevation chart. The route has a big uphill climb from mile 18 to mile 23, and it's known to be a hilly course. Be sure to do some hill training.

There are also several supported course runs that are particularly geared to marathoners, and if you get in touch with local running clubs in Howard County, Baltimore, and Anne Arundel county, you'll be able to get in contact with others who can give you feedback on the two races. The race bulletin board on the race web site is also a good source of information.
#3 of 4 Old 12-19-2008, 05:31 PM
Special Member

I ran the Double this year, The marathon at Frederick and the Half at Baltimore. Frederick is a tricky course, very pretty, but some challenge with hills after the first half. Baltimore was a great run, some hills, but a great crowd!

I am shooting to Run the Full at Frederick again (hopefully without stomach issues) and have a ball at the Half in Baltimore....

Look forward to seeing you out there!

Now combos, different story, they are both pretzels and cheese. If you get one without cheese, that means the bag is haunted. Shawn Spencer

#4 of 4 Old 12-20-2008, 01:27 AM - Thead Starter

Thanks for the responses. I think I'm going to go with the half-full successively, but I might run the Suntrust National Half a couple months before Fredneck.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page