To those who do WW at the meetings... - KickRunners.com

#1 of 11 Old 10-20-2008, 01:46 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
I think this fits in this section.

Did you leader hop until you found a leader that motivated you?

When I first joined I had Gayle. She was a top notch motivating leader. Then she got a promotion which left us with Brenda. Brenda was a lot younger (closer to my age than Gayle) but not as motivating.

With Gayle I lost about 50 pounds and with Brenda I lost about 20ish. When I got pregnant and left WW (twice) I was with Brenda and I only lost a little bit of weight each time.

I know just about all of WW is about me but I feel like I need a motivating leader again.

I have the opportunity to go to a new center near my sister so I can drop the kids off and go to the meeting. I can go to a Brenda meeting or try out someone new. I know what to expect with Brenda and I'm afraid of getting a sucky leader.

however, maybe i"m not ready to go back. IDK. We leave for Florida in about 8 weeks. I would like to have my baby weight GONE by then.

ugh. fat sucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 10-20-2008, 09:30 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 1
For me leader makes a huge difference. I have been to meeting where the leader treated us like kindergartners and I couldnt stand it. I found a leader I love and frankly thats one of the only reasons I continue to go.
#3 of 11 Old 10-20-2008, 10:08 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Thanks.

My tubby butt is going tomorrow to check out Noreen.

#4 of 11 Old 10-21-2008, 09:43 AM

BG, as a consumer I don't think you should feel badly about looking for the 'product' (program + leader) that you want. And I'm happy to read that you're going to check it out! If you don't like Noreen, there's always Brenda.
#5 of 11 Old 10-21-2008, 10:56 AM
Addicted Member

I have not found a leader that I liked, and I no longer go to meetings. The lady that does the one over my lunch is SUPER LAME. She definitely caters to the older, non-exercising crowd, and there is just too much of what I think of as "old lady talk." I can't even really put my finger on it, but I did not fit at the meeting.

The other leader I've tried is just annoying. GAH.

AKA: Pollyana Buttface
#6 of 11 Old 10-21-2008, 01:04 PM
Special Member

back when I did ww after having baby # 1, I didn't love the leader. But, knowing someone other than me was reading the number on the scale was a HUGE motivator. My other motivators were 1. doing it with my sisters who had also just had babies and 2. wanting to get to the point of not having to pay anymore. A lot of days we didn't stay for the meeting - just paid and got weighed and left.
#7 of 11 Old 10-21-2008, 02:31 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Well I went today for my first meeting.

Noreen is about 70 years old but a lot of energy.

I'm going to stick with her for awhile and see how things go.
#8 of 11 Old 10-21-2008, 02:45 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrillco View Post
I have not found a leader that I liked, and I no longer go to meetings. The lady that does the one over my lunch is SUPER LAME. She definitely caters to the older, non-exercising crowd, and there is just too much of what I think of as "old lady talk." I can't even really put my finger on it, but I did not fit at the meeting.

The other leader I've tried is just annoying. GAH.
Find another leader. I go about the most inconvenient time possible (I have to bust my ass on my bike from work to even get there late) but my leader is awesome (she is a corporate trainer/speaker for a living) and I really think its the only way I can stomach the meetings.

I could never be a leader because I would be too mean. The constant whining annoys the crap out of me.
#9 of 11 Old 10-21-2008, 05:56 PM
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicgrl View Post
Find another leader. I go about the most inconvenient time possible (I have to bust my ass on my bike from work to even get there late) but my leader is awesome (she is a corporate trainer/speaker for a living) and I really think its the only way I can stomach the meetings.

I could never be a leader because I would be too mean. The constant whining annoys the crap out of me.
I'm actually pretty content doing this online. That's how I lost the initial weight. I prefer the online format for sure.

AKA: Pollyana Buttface
#10 of 11 Old 10-31-2008, 06:13 PM

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 2
I'm a Weight Watchers leader!!!! You definitely need to get a leader you can bond with. We all know it makes a huge difference. Getting on the scale and sharing your weight with someone is a very scary thing at times. I've had members that I know are 'leader hopping' and I actually encourage it. You won't know which leader is for you unless you try them out. My members hate when I have to get a sub, but I remind them that it's important to hear other leaders from time to time.

Keep going until you find that motivating leader!

I lost 96 pounds with Weight Watchers and believe whole-heartedly in the program and the support you get from the meetings. Congrats on making the decision to go back to the meetings! Go for it!
#11 of 11 Old 10-31-2008, 06:30 PM

That's great, RunMamaRun!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page