New Balance 790 replacement? - KickRunners.com

#1 of 7 Old 04-04-2010, 10:43 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
It's interesting that with all the focus on minimalist shoes New Balance stopped making one of the more popular models, the 790. I talked with a New Balance rep at an expo recently and he said they didn't have any plans to bring it back. I was just wondering if there anyone else had worn them and if you had found a good replacement. FYI - I've tried the 100 and it's a good shoe but with the strike plate it's got a very different feel than the 790s. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 05-03-2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trunx View Post
It's interesting that with all the focus on minimalist shoes New Balance stopped making one of the more popular models, the 790. I talked with a New Balance rep at an expo recently and he said they didn't have any plans to bring it back. I was just wondering if there anyone else had worn them and if you had found a good replacement. FYI - I've tried the 100 and it's a good shoe but with the strike plate it's got a very different feel than the 790s. Thanks in advance.

Why don't you try mizuno. By the way, what brand of socks would your recommend for running? I use smartwool
#3 of 7 Old 05-03-2010, 10:29 PM - Thead Starter

Just looked at Mizuno's website, something like the Ronin may work. I'll check them out. I wear a lot of different types of socks but prefer Drymax.

#4 of 7 Old 05-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Special Member

Have you decided not to buy any more 790s? I just did a quick search and it looks like you can still get them online. I just got a pair of NB 100s and I really like them but I have not run in the 790s. Please let us know if you find a replacement shoe you like.
#5 of 7 Old 05-09-2010, 05:13 PM - Thead Starter

I'm glad you replied. Once I found out they were being discontinued I bought what I could online. That was probably 3-4 months ago. I went back online today and found more available in my size, that was a big surprise. Not sure what happened.
#6 of 7 Old 05-10-2010, 10:14 PM
Special Member

I've been trying to find the 790s in my size but no luck. Glad you can get more!
#7 of 7 Old 05-13-2010, 11:07 PM - Thead Starter

You're lucky you can't find them in your size, if you did you would fall in love with them only to have your heart broken--- by new balance *sigh* Having said that the 100's are a pretty good rebound.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page