Friday July 20th - KickRunners.com

#1 of 4 Old 07-20-2012, 07:23 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11
Likes Given: 1

The weekend is coming!  The weekend is coming

9 miles w/ 3 * 10 mins @ 10k pace w/ 2:30 recoveries this morning. Tough going after running 7 last night.  Managed to hold ~6:18 pace. A bit slower that I'd have liked but that's as fast as I could go... Coach has Thursday as an SRD to be fresh for tempo Friday... that does not always work out.  Anyway, did the tempo intervals on the indoor track, as it was pretty windy out, but bookended with 2 mile WU/CD to/from said indoor track. Still overcast, 70F and still humid.

Have a good one! 

Hawk - nice report about a nice race.  You didn't wear tri shorts? 

kfuller - hope the back is better

I know it's an old cliche, but you can cut the atmosphere with a cricket stump
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 07-20-2012, 08:21 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 1
Morning RA and nice job on the "slow" tempo. And 7 was my number last night as well.

I had planned on a bike commute today, but the weather forecast has other ideas...severe thunderstorms at around 6pm, 80% probability, not liking those odds for the evening commute. Plan B? No clue. I could just rest since I'm still in recovery mode from last week. Plus when I got to work I found I had to have to throw together a report for the CEO and of course all the people who need to provide me data for it are out. Good planning.

Oh, RA - re: shorts. I had shopped around for tri shorts but never found any in my size. I have used the CW/X tights on the bike before though never for a ride that long. So I decided to risk saddle sores and avoid the wedgie from standard bike shorts on the run. To be honest I never even noticed a difference on the bike. TMI perhaps but there you have it.
#3 of 4 Old 07-20-2012, 09:28 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0

Good morning Hawk and RA.

I got in a nice 5 miles today.  My back is feeling much better.  Not sure what will happen with my race tomorrow.  The course goes on a gravity hill.  If you do not know what that is look it up as it will explain it much better than I can. 

#4 of 4 Old 07-20-2012, 12:07 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 0

Seriously missing y'all...  2500 in the fishbowl this morning, followed by a 10am meeting.  Quick stop here at the library, then more errands.  Next week is up in the air.  Grandma fell last night and I'll be heading up Sunday to stay with her.  Uh, training???  Glad I can do it, but seriously need to look into cloning.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page