TGIF - 09/17 - KickRunners.com

#1 of 21 Old 09-17-2010, 04:49 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2

10.24 Miles today with no walks!    Except about the final 2.2 miles I was even able to keep my pace under 10 minute miles.  The legs are coming back I think, or it is because the humidity might finally be dropping!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 21 Old 09-17-2010, 05:11 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11
Likes Given: 0
FB- nice job on the long run. Are you increasing your milage for a race or anything?

I ended up getting my run in yesterday because I had a sneaking suspicion that I would be forced to hold over today at work.... Well, I was right.

Yesterday- 8x400 @3k pace w/ 2 min recoveries all at 1.5% incline. 5 miles total
the speed felt fast, seeing I havnt went faster than HMP in the past few weeks, but my cardio seemed to hold up very well. Knee held up also. I may be crazy, but when my IT gave me problems earlier this year I had cut out my faster paces.... Now it has flared up again and I have gotten away from my faster runs.... Could this mean anything?

looks like a rest day today
#3 of 21 Old 09-17-2010, 05:22 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22

FB--nicely done!

BBS--not a clue.  

Rest day due to life getting in the way.  I probably need it anyway.

#4 of 21 Old 09-17-2010, 05:27 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11
Likes Given: 1

9 or so miles in clear, crisp 50F weather.  Legs felt better after an unscheduled rest day and massage yesterday.

FB - nice job on the 10'er.

BBS - just run fast all the time.  Also, get on the foam roller

4boysmom - enjoy the "rest".

I know it's an old cliche, but you can cut the atmosphere with a cricket stump
#5 of 21 Old 09-17-2010, 05:48 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 13

Good morning!  Up for a chest and back workout.  I have not run more than a couple of miles in a week now.  I am eager for my dr visit on monday. I have a sneaking suspicion that there is nothing physically wrong with me, and instead I am just have a mojo problem or feeling a *tad* depressed.  I know it'll get better, but I am eager for it to happen.

Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.

#6 of 21 Old 09-17-2010, 06:04 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0

Sorry to hear jebba...I hope you get back to your perky self soon.

John and Eric-way to get the runs out of the way already!

Mom and BBS-rest up!

Weight room did some work on me this morning...sore and tired, also thanks to only a few hours of sleep from lady problems and papers. Just feeling really blah today...hopefully I have a good Kenyan run this afternoon.

But hey, it's the weekend! Or close enough. Have a good one folks!

#7 of 21 Old 09-17-2010, 06:08 AM
Special Member

Sounds encouraging FB.  That humidity coming down really helps doesn't it.

BBS, about the knee- I think sometimes we run with a bit of a different form when going different speeds, so I could definitely see something being a little unhappy when you wake a big change from the way you had been running.  Hopefully it's just a little adjustment and will go away.

Rest up 4BM.

Sounds like a solid run Asics.

Hope it's nothing Jebba.

For me, decided to take it nice and easy this morning- so I hopped on the bike for an easy ride. 

#8 of 21 Old 09-17-2010, 06:38 AM
Special Member

Morning...

MBH - Sounds like a pleasant morning

Alex - Hold on, lady problems? Have you been holding out on us?

Jebba - Hang in there.  Hope you're mojo's back soon.

RA - Rest, massage, cool weather...perfect prescription for a good run

4boys & BBS - Rest well. 

FB - Alright!  I'm happy for you.

Rest, rest, and more rest for m.

"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea."   Antoine de Saint-Exupery

#9 of 21 Old 09-17-2010, 07:08 AM
Special Member

Good morning everyone.  A nice 6.60 miles in 52:27(8:23).  It was sort of a progression run of sorts.  I need to get in between 8-9 miles tomorrow, but we shall see how that goes.  Nice job on all the workouts this morning. 

BBS, 4boys, Dan-  Enjoy the rest.

#10 of 21 Old 09-17-2010, 07:22 AM

Likes Earned: 19
Likes Given: 3

Good day everyone.

FB - Glad you had a good run.  Humidity makes a huge difference.

BBS - I would tend to agree with MH; may be changing your stride to increase your speed.  If you are lengthing your stride and having heel strike in front of you body it is jamming you knee into your hips.  Heel / foot strike should be under you or close to it.

4BM - Enjoy the rest.

RA - Nice 9 miles

Jebba - Hope you get a resolution soon so you can start running.

Alex - Glad you had a good work out this morning.

MH - Nice litttle ride this morning. 

Dan - Rest up.

kfuller - Nice run thsi morning.

Me - Well the knee isn't happy with me.  I slept with my knee brace last night and I felt much better this morning so I decided to go with my scheduled 18 mile run.  The knee felt good through the first 10 miles or so and then it started to stiffen up.  17.5 mile run, first 11 miles at 8:15 - 8:20 pace and then I slowly began to pick it up a little.  Ended up with an average pace of 7:59.  Finished up with a 1/4 mile walk. 

Happy training everyone.

You can see the details of all my workouts on my Blog.  Happy Training Everyone!  Stay safe out there!

David

#11 of 21 Old 09-17-2010, 07:58 AM

Morning everybody...

I did my 21.5 consisting of 10 loops this morning.   Started out in the dark, both outside and inside.  Lots of self-doubt, worry about getting hurt and questioning from practically the beginning what I was doing and whether I would finish.  Not sure why - physically I was doing fine and there was nothing major bothering me.   Started to get light out during the 3rd loop and I ditched the lite belt, but still not enjoying myself and trying to stay positive.  After the 5th loop still seemed like so long to go, but I grinded through 6 and noticed that even though I was holding back the pace was picking up.   This perked me up and 7 and 8 were much better, the concern about not finishing went away and was replaced by concern that I was pushing the definition of 'easy pace' too much to be able to pick it up to MP for the last two loops.  That turned out to be somewhat justified and the last 2 loops were about 5 seconds off goal MP.  Still overall I'm pretty happy with the run and pushing through and getting the last 20 in before Chicago.    Splits were 17:41 (8:14), 17:25 (8:04), 17:24 (8:05), 17:17 (8:02), 16:54 (7:56), 16:57 (7:53), 16:42 (7:46), 17:05 (7:52), 16:37 (7:44), 16:41 (7:43), overall pace 7:56.

Sounds like some good runs this morning.  Hope everyones aches and pains are clearing up and good luck to this weekends racers!

#12 of 21 Old 09-17-2010, 08:16 AM

Zrun - Impressive run this morning.  You were able to get faster almost everyone loop!  I think you might be ready for Chicago!

You can see the details of all my workouts on my Blog.  Happy Training Everyone!  Stay safe out there!

David

#13 of 21 Old 09-17-2010, 08:31 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10

Morning and happy Friday...

Well I didn't get to run last night due to some meetings at work and then a post-work function. I got home from that and jumped on the elliptical around 9pm for 30 minutes then lifted weights for another 30.

Since my workday run bag is still packed from yesterday I can go ahead with that today...it is after all National [email protected] Day. Either way, I rest tomorrow, race Sunday.

FB - nice run and yes, the lack of humidity really makes the difference

Dan/4bm/BBS - enjoy the rest as best you can

RA - nice run...not quite that cool here, yet

jebba - hope you get some answers to help find that mojo

Alex - don't let those "girl problems" knock you off your game.

kevin - nice run, good luck with the longer run tomorrow

Dave/zrun - nice job on the fast finish long runs...were you guys secretly having a virtual 20-mile race?

#14 of 21 Old 09-17-2010, 10:11 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22

Almost wish I could post a sucky workout.  Sure would have beat what son1 and I did this morning.  Tuition-- $1050.  Books-- $250.  And that was only for two of his classes.  Book for the other class is back ordered.  He still needs a scientific calculator and notebooks.  Oh, and a bus pass.  And a cell phone (he can only take the bus so far, then I need to pick him up).  Ah... the joys of having a college student.

#15 of 21 Old 09-17-2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4boysmom View Post

Almost wish I could post a sucky workout.  Sure would have beat what son1 and I did this morning.  Tuition-- $1050.  Books-- $250.  And that was only for two of his classes.  Book for the other class is back ordered.  He still needs a scientific calculator and notebooks.  Oh, and a bus pass.  And a cell phone (he can only take the bus so far, then I need to pick him up).  Ah... the joys of having a college student.

He don't need a bus pass!  He should ride his bike!  lol

David

#16 of 21 Old 09-17-2010, 11:38 AM
Advanced Member

Some fine efforts out there!  Well done.

Managed a reasonably quick, for me, 3.1 miles this morning in 3 laps around the ole block....felt good to speed it up a tad...

I'm a Denier...
#17 of 21 Old 09-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Advanced Member

Host gang long time no run.

Well I finaly got out for an hour run in the nice little town of Madison Wisconsin. I was here for work related training. I did my first trail run, and it was awesome! I really enjoyed the view and soft ground.

Jebba hang in there.

Every have a good one
#18 of 21 Old 09-17-2010, 03:49 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 13

I did a nice and easy three this afternoon.  It felt good to do it.

Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.

#19 of 21 Old 09-17-2010, 03:58 PM
Special Member

R. Ruiz-Madison is a very cool town. That's fun that you got to go exploring on the trails there. Good to see you back too.

Kenyan run, but my hamstrings still felt quite sore from lifting, so I paced a friend who didn't have anyone else to run with in the workout. W/u, 6:35, 6:23, 6:12, and 2:48 for the last 800. Nice to get moving but not push myself too much. Hopefully by tomorrow my legs will start feeling back to normal so I can have a nice, progressive long run on Sunday. Tomorrow morning should be fun after the run though...having the guy's team over for a big pancake breakfast. If it goes anything like the spaghetti feeds, it will be a blast.

Oh ya, 76mins total for my run.

#20 of 21 Old 09-18-2010, 04:03 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10

Alex, please tell me what a Kenyan Run is.

#21 of 21 Old 09-18-2010, 06:32 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBuckSnort View Post

FB- nice job on the long run. Are you increasing your milage for a race or anything?

BBS,

I am training for the Jax Marathon on December 19th, with 2 half marathon races thrown in as training runs in between.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page