KickRunners.com

KickRunners.com (https://www.kickrunners.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Finish Line - Run and Race Reports (https://www.kickrunners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Friday November 27th--Black Friday (https://www.kickrunners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42912)

4boysmom 11-28-2008 09:38 AM

Morning all! Nuthin' yet. Son1 and I will be heading out in just a few for our "Over the River" ride to Grandma's. Still a bit sore from the encounter with the dreadmill, but otherwise looking forward to the ride. Winds most likely will not cooperate. See y'all tomorrow afternoon!

jebba 11-28-2008 09:45 AM

Good morning! I'm not sure I'm going to do anything today but pushups and pullups. Mr jebba has 5 on the schedule today (I did the turkey trot yesterday), and I might run with him to keep him company. Right now I am still full from yesterday and not wanting to get off the couch.

Flounder 11-28-2008 10:24 AM

Good morning all - DW works today, so its just me and my girls (3,cool.gif - We will have fun, but not shopping. Taking them to the YMCA later for basketball and swimming.

I ran 8 on TM this am + weights - Legs, lats, bi-ceps

I hope to do a bunch of core work today + clean garage.

Good running to all -

roots 11-28-2008 10:51 AM

Good morning. Heading to work at the running store for a few hours then hope to get away for a few trail miles this afternoon. I need to work off some of yesterday's feast!

4BM- enjoy the ride to (and leftovers) at Grandma's
jebba- now push-ups not enough? wink.gif Have fun - Rock those pull-ups.
Flounder- enjoy the Y with the girls
Dave- That was some fast 10 miler yesterday
crunningman- nice to see you around more
RA- nice work defending your AG crown
FB and Brown- congrats on the HM race
Phill- congrats on the PR!

Have a great day!

loopy 11-28-2008 11:10 AM

Good morning all.

4BM enjoy the ride.
Jebba enjoy whatever you decide to do...
Flounder nice running this morning -- have fun with the girls.
Roots have fun on the trails this afternoon.

Back on the roads again this morning. Thought I was dong a little under 15 -- but turns out it was closer to 15.5 miles -- did it in 1:49, so guess I was going faster than I thought... Was a bit chilly, but very scenic on the country roads -- got to say "hi" to plenty of cows, horses, and sheep...

brown82799 11-28-2008 11:22 AM

greetings shoppers...

no running today....just some corn flakes, coffee, sid the science kid and maybe a trip to see santa a bit later....

hope everyone had a nice thanksgiving....

kfuller 11-28-2008 11:59 AM

All I have on schedule for the excercise portion of the day is pushups. I think that the total for the day is 200. We shall see how that goes. Then exhaustion test tomorrow. Have a great morning everyone.

sistergoldenhair 11-28-2008 12:32 PM

No running scheduled for me either today, but I'd like to get some yoga in if I get time after errands/working. Tomorrow I'll aim for 25K.

I did not go overboard with feasting yesterday, so feel pretty good.

loopy -- Nice run! I make it a point to greet all the animals, too.

Baba O'Riley 11-28-2008 12:43 PM

Greetings, All.
I too was relatively reserved with my intake yesterday so I was able to pop a pretty good five-miler today. The run puts the monthly total to 106, eclipsing by one my best monthly total of this decidedly modest-mileage year.
Guess I'm playing with house money for the balance of November.

Good runs, all

vashondan 11-28-2008 01:08 PM

Sign me up for the no run today club. Had a good dinner but was able to keep it light.

Alex 11-28-2008 01:33 PM

No run yeseterday but had a lot of fun and food. It feels nice to enjoy eating for the first time in a few months. It's definitely going to suck going back to the cafeteria after this. After breakfast I'll head out for something.

RunAsics 11-28-2008 02:04 PM

Ran ~9 miles in the sunshine and 30* temps at ~ 8 mom pace or so. Bumped into a track club buddy and ran with him for a couple of miles.

brown82799 11-28-2008 03:17 PM

baba - i'm right with you at 105 i think it is....6-9 on sunday and i'll have a monthly mileage PR....

just threw down a plate of leftovers.....sweet.

jebba 11-28-2008 03:21 PM

I am expecting 106 for the month, too. Assuming tomorrow and Sunday go right.

tonya921 11-28-2008 03:41 PM

Hey everyone! Phillip has to work from 3 - 10 (stupid Black Friday sad.gif), so I'm taking him to work and heading out to the lake to run with a couple of runner friends. One of them is the guy who just ran the ultra (50 miler) in Maryland last weekend. I hope to hear some good stories from him. The other guy I've run with a couple of times before. He's tapering right now for the California International Marathon. Both of these guys are going to Boston in April. Anyway, this afternoon's run should be fun!

We'll probably get in anywhere from 8 to 12 miles, depending on how far they want to go. If they don't want to go as far as I do I'll just keep running.

Floridaboiler 11-28-2008 03:51 PM

No running, just 90 minutes of soccer for me today. I scored 1 goal and gave up 3 as goalie. Ugh.

Phill Mckrevass 11-28-2008 04:13 PM

Did a workout on the trainer. It was awesome. 47 mins of climbing and intense efforts...

Headed to work soon... 22 days til I graduate...

Have a good one all.

RichardC 11-28-2008 04:26 PM

Part of the No run club...

Cutting and processing deer... Alex... could use you here right now. 2 in the freezor now and a 3rd one showing this weekend.

chances141 11-28-2008 04:56 PM

Hi, all. Looks like lots of good running, resting, pushups and shopping today.

Waiting for DW to return so we can head out to buy me some new jeans. Then football on t.v., then I'll head out for prolly around 10. Trying to get more than 50 this week.

CMJHawk86 11-28-2008 05:54 PM

Happy Friday - great to think today is only a Friday isn't it? smile.gifsmile.gif

Well, I was planning to do a morning long run but after the feast last night I slept in, finally rolled out of bed around 11, lounged around and read the paper over breakfast, then rolled out the door at almost 1pm. blush.gif

The plan for today was to hit the trail for somewhere between 10-14, at whatever pace I felt like. So I went right down the middle on the distance at 12.01 miles (I guess when I turned around after 6, that's where the extra 17 yards came from). As for the pace, after a couple very easy warmup miles (8:22, 8:05), I let it go a bit and ended up with 1:33:30 for the whole thing, 7:47/mile. Not bad at all, I think I'm ready to get started on that Boston thing next week.

Black Friday - not a big fan either but the Tar-zhay did have a few things on sale I could use, so I may head there later after the crowds go home. wink.gif

kfuller 11-28-2008 06:35 PM

Nothing much for me today. I did have pushups planned, but my wrist is a bit sore so I may do them tomorrow instead. Went out and bought a new mattress for my bed. It should be here middle of this next week. That was my splurge for the day. Lots of people at the mall and not so sure if many people were buying much.