Contenders and Pretenders...How Bout Them Oregon Ducks!!!! - Page 2 - KickRunners.com

#26 of 31 Old 11-07-2010, 07:24 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49
Likes Given: 1

You know, maybe Alabama still has a shot at winning the SEC West.  I'm sure Tim can verify this...

If Auburn loses both of their remaining games, LSU loses excatly one of theirs, and Alabama wins both of theirs, then all three teams will finish 6-2 in conference and 1-1 against each other.  So I think the next tie-breaker in a three-way scenario is record in the division.  In this scenario, LSU would have two losses in the West, while Auburn and Alabama would have one loss in the West and one in the East.  So I think that eliminates LSU, and then the winner would be between Auburn and Alabama, which would have to be Alabama in order to make this scenario relevant. 

So it's a long shot, but it looks like Alabama still does have a chance...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#27 of 31 Old 11-07-2010, 08:09 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcumming View Post

Alabama loses to Mississippi State, but beats Georgia State 31-30 in overtime Reb is revived later in the day at Piedmont Hospital. 

Dear Lord,

All I ask out of this wonderful college football season is that TCU and Boise State each  play a traditional powerhouse so we can see if they really are any good or not.

That should be an easy one for you.

And what the **** Lord....make it 31-30 for Georgia State over Alabama in overtime just for a hoot. (Yeah, I know...but you are God...it can't be any harder than the Red Sea thing)

Regardless of what happens in the Alabama game, Georgia State will have a winning season in its first year.  The Panthers beat Lamar 23-17 at the Georgia Dome.

"Blessed be the man who expects nothing, for he shall receive a kick in the pants". Lee Sterne

#28 of 31 Old 11-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 6

At this point, the matchup I'd want to see is Oregon v. Auburn (both of them undefeated, of course).  If one or the other loses once, I wouldn't see TCU against the remaining undefeated either.

Maybe Nevada can take Boise out of the equation with their tilt in Reno - frankly, I don't want to see a rematch between Boise & TCU again in the "Okay, let's let the undefeated non-AQ schools play each other Bowl 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcumming View Post

I am absolutely happy with any combo of Auburn, Oregon, TCU and Boise State in the BCS game EXCEPT TCU vs Boise State (which aint gonna happen anyway)

Interesting to think that if Stanford hadn't blown a 21 point lead against Oregon (which is pretty much like a 3 point lead against everyone else) they'd be #1

I have no desire to see LSU play in the BCS game, and I didn't want to see Alabama. Other than that...the best season ever continues unabated (as they say in the NFL)

How to run a marathon: Step 1: You start running. There is no Step 2
- Joe
My Newest Blog
#29 of 31 Old 11-07-2010, 11:24 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 16

'Sconnie is #6 in the AP poll? <snort>

okay, if you say so

if we get past IU [in Camp Randall], AND if we get all three running backs [Clay, Ball, and White] healthy, then we can control the clock so that Michiganwon't put up 67 on us in the big house

and hopefully beat a talented Northwestern for our final home game of the season

*gulp* Better save my pennies for a BCS bowl, eh?

On Wisconsin!
#30 of 31 Old 11-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 6

Funny thing is Michigan's point total wasn't even the highest this week in the FBS.  Navy(?!?!) put up 76 points against East Carolina...and they didn't even need any overtimes to do it either.

I thought it was a misprint too when I saw it flashed on the screen - sometimes the service academies (traditionally running-oriented teams) will threaten 50 against the lesser-schools, but definitely not 70+

Quote:

Originally Posted by wherestheportojohn View Post

if we get past IU [in Camp Randall], AND if we get all three running backs [Clay, Ball, and White] healthy, then we can control the clock so that Michiganwon't put up 67 on us in the big house

and hopefully beat a talented Northwestern for our final home game of the season

*gulp* Better save my pennies for a BCS bowl, eh?

How to run a marathon: Step 1: You start running. There is no Step 2
- Joe
My Newest Blog
#31 of 31 Old 11-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 49

I love watching the service acadamies play.  It may be quite 1940-ish, but I think the triple option is fun.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page