WWYD -- Facebook friend question - KickRunners.com

#1 of 7 Old 08-23-2010, 04:37 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 12
Likes Given: 0

One of my friends posted this as her status:

"has a morning latchkey kiddo. Trusting my 11 year old to get himself out the door and ride his bike (rain or shine) the 1.4 miles to middle school. Scary stuff for a worry wort mom but today went fine with the exception of forgetting his lunchbox."

As another "worry wort mom", I don't know if I trust FB security settings enough to announce my child has no adult supervision for a period of time.  Who knows who will see that stuff. 

If it were your friend, would you say anything to her? 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 08-23-2010, 04:41 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2

I would.  There are certain things that you don't put out like that.  I don't announce anywhere what is going on with my kids in terms of possibly being latchkey. 

#3 of 7 Old 08-23-2010, 04:51 PM

Likes Earned: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaboiler View Post

I would.  There are certain things that you don't put out like that.  I don't announce anywhere what is going on with my kids in terms of possibly being latchkey. 

****, one time, DW was away, and my kids were by themselves during a morning run.  They were plenty old enough, and I alerted them the night before that I might not be there when they woke, and that I had my cell, etc., etc., etc...but, on a closed board, I still didn't mention it.  The internet is just too squirelly for stuff like that.

As it was, it was a really early run, did 10 miles, was gone less than two hours, and I got home, and they were still asleep, and didn't wake for another two hours after that.

#4 of 7 Old 08-23-2010, 04:58 PM
Addicted Member

Definitely do it via an email or a private message so you don't call any more attention to it.

#5 of 7 Old 08-23-2010, 04:59 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 12

I sent her a PM, since commenting on the status may make it visible to more people.  Fortunately we were friends IRL before she moved to another state so I don't think she will take my question as anything but genuine concern.  Unfortunately, someone already "liked" her status so it's already possibly being seen by strangers...

#6 of 7 Old 08-23-2010, 05:05 PM
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkschiller View Post

I sent her a PM, since commenting on the status may make it visible to more people.  Fortunately we were friends IRL before she moved to another state so I don't think she will take my question as anything but genuine concern.  Unfortunately, someone already "liked" her status so it's already possibly being seen by strangers...

She can still delete it.

I had that problem with an update that I Tried to post when I got my job that was  supposed to be a joke that didn't work well so I just deleted it. 

#7 of 7 Old 08-23-2010, 05:22 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22

**** no I wouldn't put that info up!  Too easy to figure stuff out.  I don't use my real name on FB and still wouldn't post something like that.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page