The tyrants are comming ,the tyrants are comming!!! - KickRunners.com

#1 of 10 Old 03-04-2010, 05:25 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 7
Likes Given: 0
So back in 2005 sen harry reid said that it is tyranny when the power in majority uses the reconcilition vote process to get a bill through congress. Now he is ok with it.
In 2005 or 2006 sen obama said that one can not rule using the reconcilation vote process that it breaks the government and that he would never try to get a helathcare vote through using this process.

Well now we know they are both liars and according to their own words are tyrants.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 03-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
I'm not even sure why I reconciliation is even an option aside from the 2/3 vote

I am certain that your success as a runner, and in all things is due more to the strength of your fighting spirit than anything else. Seabee
#3 of 10 Old 03-04-2010, 05:44 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 45
Likes Given: 4
Yeah, but BOTH sides say the same ****. If you are in power, you use it, if you aren't in power you say how bad those in power are and what they can do with it is BAD.

Collin Cowherd (ESPN): You can not solve stupid.

AdCo is wise. Very wise. - NRG71
#4 of 10 Old 03-04-2010, 05:45 PM
Special Member

oH MY GOD, SOMEONE SAID SOMETHING AND LATER DID THE OPPOSITE!!!!
#5 of 10 Old 03-04-2010, 05:58 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 18
Likes Given: 35
I expect nothing less of politicians.

the grim reality that bipartisanship is a fairytale seems to shift a lot of things ... for everybody that ends up at the top of the steaming pile of **** the president gets to reside over.

the PRT is not somewhere to drop my morals and ethics and roll in the mud and muck and pretend those I am talking to aren't really people at all and it's alright to treat them like dirt.
#6 of 10 Old 03-04-2010, 06:03 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adco View Post
yeah, but both sides say the same ****. If you are in power, you use it, if you aren't in power you say how bad those in power are and what they can do with it is bad.

i know both parties are both full of crap but we need some better threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakdawg View Post
oh my god, someone said something and later did the opposite!!!!
sort of like read my lips no new taxes.

As a leader when you do this you are putting your integrity on the line by saying one thing and doing another.

To me once you lose your integrity in a position you hold you no longer have any credibilty
#7 of 10 Old 03-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericd256 View Post
i know both parties are both full of crap but we need some better threads.

sort of like read my lips no new taxes.

As a leader when you do this you are putting your integrity on the line by saying one thing and doing another.

To me once you lose your integrity in a position you hold you no longer have any credibilty
What is the time limit on doing this? Do circumstances ever change that make a change in policy necessary? Am I stuck with the words I petulantly threw out as a teenager that I would never get married or can I think better of that?

Oh, you just want to whine some more about the other guys. Carry on then.
#8 of 10 Old 03-04-2010, 06:18 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 1
the only differences I see, is there isn't any backdoor dealing, nothing shady..........broad daylight.

someone votes against your bill? give his brother a job and then invite the naysayer to dinner...........suddenly.......surprise, surprise......the naysayer, is not only not a naysayer......most likely will vote YES.
#9 of 10 Old 03-04-2010, 06:36 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakdawg View Post
what is the time limit on doing this? Do circumstances ever change that make a change in policy necessary? Am i stuck with the words i petulantly threw out as a teenager that i would never get married or can i think better of that?

Oh, you just want to whine some more about the other guys. Carry on then.
circumstances can change and yes i had to eat those words of i will never get married too. But if the process was so wrong then, what makes it so right now? Nothing except for who is in control.

I think the bill will pass and then be held up as people challenge its legality. Whether it violates the 6th,9th, or 10th ammendments. I think it will go to the supremes and they will decide what we get.
#10 of 10 Old 03-04-2010, 07:23 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 18
Likes Given: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericd256 View Post
i

I do agree ... but I also look at it sort of like a teenager thinking they know everything at 16 and saying lots of **** before life teaches them some lessons ... many do gain wisdom and do good in opposition to what they spouted off in their youth.

the PRT is not somewhere to drop my morals and ethics and roll in the mud and muck and pretend those I am talking to aren't really people at all and it's alright to treat them like dirt.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page